Columbia Bank

Columbia Bank Employer Reviews

good place to work
FICO Consultant (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 21, 2015
this place is a very pleasent location to work with and situated in a beautiful corporate building. the project team is very friendly and great atmosphere to work with
columbia bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Wayne, NJDecember 9, 2014
columbia bank was a good bank to work for. It was my first job ever, and they taught me how to perform and complete deposits, withdrawals, checking and transfers. This was a very informative job and it helped me to adjust to banking life.
productive and fun workplace
Platform Teller I / CSR (Current Employee), Sayreville, NJNovember 10, 2014
always work to do, taking care of customers, knowing products, making sure daily duties and routines are fulfilled, always something to learn

co-workers are great, fun/ interactive, help when needed but not to much because they want you to be able to do things on your own,

hardest part of the job is making sure everything gets done, time management

most enjoyable part of job is learning something new everyday
Staff and customers are amazing
Teller (Former Employee), Spanaway, WANovember 5, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, easy-going atmosphere
Cons: i wish i could have stayed if i could work more hours.
A typical day at work included following the daily checklist, conducting customer transactions, remaining confidential, and ensuring everything was accurate at all time for the benefit of the customer and the bank. The hardest part about the job was remaining professional with an uncooperative customer because that does affect a person emotionally. My coworkers and management became like a family. There is no judgement and we all developed a relationship that can't be forced. I was very lucky in that aspect. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing a report with customers and listening to their needs and making their time a little easier by offering the best solution for them.
Great, small company
Credit Analyst, Commercial Lending (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Stable, smaller, NJ bank which provides a great sense of community. Columbia cares about their employees.
Good place to work, and maybe build a career
Teller (Current Employee), WASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible vacations
Cons: no pay
It's a ton of work for little pay, but medical benefits and vacation/sick time is awesome.
have a lot to work on
Head Teller (Former Employee), Clark, NJAugust 18, 2014
managers are poor, pay is poor, advancement is by favoritism not who deserves it, the branches and rules should all be uniform, pay your employees better...
Productive job with friendly environment
Insurance-Escrow Analyst (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJAugust 18, 2014
Pros: charity events, company picnics, benefits, good management
Cons: repetitive work, not enough opportunities for advancement
The typical day at Columbia Bank as a insurance/tax analyst involves tracking various expiration reports to make certain all tax and insurance payments are applied in a timely and accurate manner. The managers answer any questions that are posed throughout the work day, considering that the same type of questions are not repeated. The organizational behavior is very eclectic and involves a multitude of personalities and cultural differences which are integrated for the purpose of performing various duties. The hardest part of the job is reconciling the general ledger through which all insurance and tax payments are posted because multiple amounts are pulled from hundreds of accounts within a daily workload and lumped into a complete subtotal. The challenge therefore lies in pinpointing any differences (to the penny) that might have occurred throughout the posting or pulling of various payments. Although the job maybe tedious and come with its difficulties, the most enjoyable part would have to be simply exchanging a few words or conversing with the co-workers about their day. Such communication gives the company a setting in which people are genuinely concerned with the well-being of others to the point where the work place as a whole has a very family oriented feeling. In general, although the workload can be long and tedious at times, the overall environment of the bank projects an aura which is indeed very customer and family oriented.
A good company
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORAugust 5, 2014
Columbia Bank is a quality company growing a bit too fast to keep up with itself.
Fast paced work enviroment
Teller (Former Employee), Poulsbo, WAJune 24, 2014
Pros: local community bank
Cons: local community bank
In Store bank in a fast paced work environment
Not a lot of room for advancement.

local Bank Growing Fast
Highly stressful.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Astoria, ORMarch 31, 2014
Highly stressful position. The pay does not compensate the responsibilities.
Incentives were great, recognition for what you do at your job
Banking Support Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: employee incetives
The ability to grow within a company to expand your knowledge, opportunity to transfer internally to other areas. Weekly staff meetings were held and incentives were received. So many other positive staff activities were in place, golfing tournaments, year end staff gatherings, spend a day at Emerald Downs for the horse races, company picnics and Christmas Party. Such a fun place to work...
People there are like family.
Fun work environment
Overdraft Specialist (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 21, 2014
Good company overall. Spent my days closing overdrawn accounts, reporting them to collections, posting payments, and entering data into data bases. Great coworkers and management who worked well together.
Well..
Teller (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, a great training environment, a great trainer, and long lunches
Cons: management
The job was a great pleasure to enjoy, but the management wasn't well at communicating with one another.
A good place to work.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 8, 2013
Pros: free entry to the puyallup fair due to being a sponsor.
They are a good company to work for in that you are a person and not a number.
Good enviornment horrible pay
CSR (Current Employee), Tacoma WASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good work values and advancement opportunities
Cons: pay
There is opportunity to advance and learn but the pay is just horrible I am a CSR but make less than a teller at Sound Credit union its depressing but everything else about the company is great. If you dont care about pay this is a great awesome company to work for
Exciting place to work at with great benefits
Head Teller/Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJAugust 19, 2013
Customer service is a plus but with great team work every job duty is accomplished and a great family team oriented environment as support is always great
Relaxing professional atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Platform Teller (Current Employee), Fair lawn NJJuly 10, 2013
On a daily basis my job at work is to process banking transactions through our software while also attending customer inquires and needs. Basic filing, basic outlook, generating letters to customers, answering of the telephone, proving the coin machine, etc.
Productive and family oriented
Teller (Current Employee), Cedar Grove, NJMarch 6, 2013
Pros: opportunities to progress within the company, all individuals from corporate to the actual ranch are very welcoming
Cons: none that i have encountered
Columbia Bank has to be among the bets banks to work for. It is very welcoming to the employees and very customer service oriented for the customers.
I left Bank of America because I loved the fact Columbia Bank was a community bank that stood for the people.
Teller/ Customer service rep (Former Employee), Spanaway, WAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: mentally challenging at times, but you learn that way.
I absolutely loved my job at Columbia Bank. I learned something new each and every day, be it from my job, or the customers. I was there just shy of 6 years and was a teller mentor, and had the priviledge of taking care of my customers, and working for the most part , with some really great people. The hardest part was getting a new manager , who didn't care for the older, maybe a little more hands on people, and she decided to let me go. I was DEVASTATED... Most every single day was a great day at that job. Except when we got robbed and I was injured by the gun man.