Columbia Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Place to Work
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 24, 2016
This is the second best job that I ever had. Benefits are outstanding. Company culture is pretty great. Environment is nice. I worked in HR and the HR team was the best team of people that you could hope to work with.
Pros
Fair pay, Excellent benefits, great team spirit
Cons
work overload requiring overtime. Some people like that though.
Columbia Bank is a great place to work as a teller.
Bank Teller, Float (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 24, 2016
I am a float teller for Coluumbia Bank. As a float teller I have to be flexible and interact with various branch staff members as I do not have a home branch and cover the teller line for branches that are short staff member and or need extra back up. It is great to go into the varying communities and meet the extrarordinary customers.
Pros
Part-time employees are eligible for health care and can accrew sick time and vacation hours.
Cons
Love seeing the light come on when a participant learns a new task.
AVP Professional Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was collaborating with my team and creating courseware. Also, seeing the results transferred and impacting his/or her results on the job was very personally rewarding.
Pros
Loved the ability to give back to the community in a meaningful way.
Cons
Wanted more life/work balance.
Great atmosphere
Summer Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 11, 2016
A great training program to walk you through all scenarios for one to be ready on the first day. Any struggling situation, Co-workers were wonderful with walking you through the steps. It was a great experience and a great company to work for!
Productive Place
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 29, 2016
Great company to work for. Culture is fantastic. They really do care about the employees. I would recommend. Management is top of the line.
Community Service Leaders
Teller (Current Employee) –  Buckley, WAJune 22, 2016
Great work environment with positive co-workers. Mentors abound in this organization and everyone strives to help each other and the community.
Pros
Great staff with positive uplifting mentality
Cons
Small town
Review on Columbia Bank
Personal Banker & Teller (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORJune 7, 2016
Great for banking experience on a smaller more genuine end. Overall low pay, overworked, plentiful room for advancement.
Cons
Low Salaries, Poor management.
Opportunity to Grow
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mattawa, WAMay 14, 2016
What I loved the most about my job was my co-workers. We are very productive and fast paced. We always made time to have fun even in the mist of the crazy amount of work we had going on. It was my second home away from home.
Pros
401K
Cons
Constant change in Standard Operating Procedures it was hard to keep up with.
Columbia Bank is very good and helps many college students while they are attending college.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, BANK TELLER SEPTERMBER (Current Employee) –  Midland Park, NJApril 19, 2016
This job is very good however i wan to move on too something that has more to do with my major. Columbia bank helps many college students with a job while they are attending college.
good team
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Depoe BayMarch 3, 2016
Nice happy environment with good team members to be around just not the greatest pay for the position. Not really any incentives to speak of, or bonuses quarterly or monthly or yearly
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 13, 2016
Enjoyed working here very much. I always felt challenged when I worked for Columbia Bank. I love when we got busy because I feel I performed much better under pressure. Potlucks were fun and so were the co-workers.
It was a nice bank to work for
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 6, 2016
I learned the many skills and laws needed to perform banking functions. The best part of my day was helping my customers.
Poor upper management, archaic systems, and depressing place to work
Several (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 29, 2015
Started here when it was West Coast Bank, and it was a great place to work. Columbia Bank took over in 2013 and the place went to heII in a hand basket real quick. Quality employees were let go and idiots left to run the show. Management doesn't care about the employees or their ideas, they just want people who will take direction and keep quiet. Most employees are miserable, and turn over is abundant. Okay place if you are just looking for a place to get some experience and then move on, but not a good place for a career banker.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Terrible management, depressing environment
The Best Job I've Ever Had
Risk Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJDecember 27, 2015
When I started interning here, I immediately loved the environment. Most of the employees are very helpful, and nice. As an intern, I was only there for a maximum 25 hours per week, and they helped me work around my hectic High School then College schedule. The work was also very balanced, and it not micromanaged at all. I was assigned it, and it was up to me to complete it in a timely manner(Which I always did).
Pros
great pay, environment
Day in the life of a CSR/PB at Columbia Bank
CSR / PBII (Current Employee) –  Woodland, WADecember 7, 2015
A typical day begins with getting ones cash out and setting up for transactions, then running reports to verify and audit the previous day's sales. Periodically we will audit bank policies and procedures to correct any short falls and draw up best practices for out of compliance learning opportunities.

I have learned to manage many duties (sales, service, compliance and maintenance) due the excessive amounts of manual input and follow-up created by a less than adequate technology platform the bank uses.

I work with a diverse group of people with many talents and attributes.

The hardest part of my job is working around the constant delay of the system and the lack of a good sales tracking system.

The most enjoyable part is the loyal customers and my peers.
Pros
reasonable working hours and good staff
Cons
healthcare and sales incetive compensation
I Did the Work They Needed Done
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 6, 2015
I would load the paper loan applications from all over Washington and Oregon into our computerized system. I would verify that all paperwork we needed was there and if it wasn't I had to get it from the banker. Once everything was in, I would determine the product type and interest rate and then passed it on to have the credit check done.
Great place to work with people
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 30, 2015
Hi! Typically a day of work for this HR department was different every time. Some days I had to process FMLA/OFLA, some days I helped people with HR related questions, some days I on-boarded new hired. Always a full and rewarding day!
Pros
I learned a lot, great benefits package
Columbia Bank
Loan Origination System Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WaAugust 19, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job with Columbia Bank. Leaving to relocate was a hard decision. CB is a place of integrity.

I was able to grow when employed with this company.
Great experience and fantastic co-workers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJuly 1, 2015
Great for a first job, management was willing to work with you granted the mistake was minor. Co-workers were always willing to help and the majority of customers were understanding.
Pros
Company treated lunches, PTO and 401k as a part timer
Cons
Lots of gossip and accountability was lacking
Good place to work and great people to work with!
Level II Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cannon Beach, ORMay 26, 2015
As a Level II Bank Teller and CSR, I work with the public on a daily basis. Whether it's processing a simple deposit or cash exchange, I've learned that when you are handling other people's money you must exercise extra care to the smallest of details. We are a small branch, only 4 employees, and because we are in a small coastal town some days there is a lot of down time. During those times I take it upon myself to keep up on the SOP's and stay updated on my product knowledge. The best part of my job is getting to know my customers on a more personal level which allows me to assist them with their long term banking goals. The hardest part is getting your customers to open up about their financial situation without being to intrusive or making them feel like you're pushing product. But all in all, I enjoy seeing my regulars everyday and sharing in a good laugh. My co-workers are some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. We work very well together as a team and it makes going to work every day a treat rather than a chore. Had I not made the decision to relocate to Austin, I would definitely have stayed with this company.
Pros
People and benefits
Cons
Minimal room for growth in my location