Columbia Bank Employee Reviews

Great experience and fantastic co-workers
Teller (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Company treated lunches, PTO and 401k as a part timer
Cons: Lots of gossip and accountability was lacking
Great for a first job, management was willing to work with you granted the mistake was minor. Co-workers were always willing to help and the majority of customers were understanding.
Good place to work and great people to work with!
Level II Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cannon Beach, ORMay 26, 2015
Pros: People and benefits
Cons: Minimal room for growth in my location
As a Level II Bank Teller and CSR, I work with the public on a daily basis. Whether it's processing a simple deposit or cash exchange, I've learned that when you are handling other people's money you must exercise extra care to the smallest of details. We are a small branch, only 4 employees, and because we are in a small coastal town some days there is a lot of down time. During those times I take it upon myself to keep up on the SOP's and stay updated on my product knowledge. The best part of my job is getting to know my customers on a more personal level which allows me to assist them with their long term banking goals. The hardest part is getting your customers to open up about their financial situation without being to intrusive or making them feel like you're pushing product. But all in all, I enjoy seeing my regulars everyday and sharing in a good laugh. My co-workers are some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. We work very well together as a team and it makes going to work every day a treat rather than a chore. Had I not made the decision to relocate to Austin, I would definitely have stayed with this company.
Exciting, challenging and full of purpose
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, ORMay 6, 2015
Pros: Culture, Salary, Advancement
Cons: Economy dependent work environment
Great company to start a career with!

Excellent advancement opportunities, salary and culture
Great opportunities to learn and grow as a professional and to provide meaningful services for the general public
Comfortable and friendly place to work
Float Teller / Teller (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 15, 2015
I had a generally positive experience working for Columbia Bank as a teller, my only complaint was a lack of performance review which left my salary unchanged.
Lots of learning
Teller/CSR-Full time (Former Employee), Gig HarborApril 1, 2015
The bank has a lot to offer as far as advancement, however employees could be paid more for the job they hold at the time. Life long skills are learned when hired here. Banking doesn't change, only the way things are processed does.
small company
Deposit Operations Agent (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 30, 2015
good working conditions and training, opportunity to move up and promotions can happen from within the company. Good benefits, company could be more flexible about vacation time.
great work environment
Post-Closing Rep (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 24, 2015
great supervisors, managers, and co workers. well balanced environment. Superb HR department. Great benefits.
good place to work
FICO Consultant (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 21, 2015
this place is a very pleasent location to work with and situated in a beautiful corporate building. the project team is very friendly and great atmosphere to work with
columbia bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Wayne, NJDecember 9, 2014
columbia bank was a good bank to work for. It was my first job ever, and they taught me how to perform and complete deposits, withdrawals, checking and transfers. This was a very informative job and it helped me to adjust to banking life.
productive and fun workplace
Platform Teller I / CSR (Current Employee), Sayreville, NJNovember 10, 2014
always work to do, taking care of customers, knowing products, making sure daily duties and routines are fulfilled, always something to learn

co-workers are great, fun/ interactive, help when needed but not to much because they want you to be able to do things on your own,

hardest part of the job is making sure everything gets done, time management

most enjoyable part of job is learning something new everyday
Staff and customers are amazing
Teller (Former Employee), Spanaway, WANovember 5, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, easy-going atmosphere
Cons: i wish i could have stayed if i could work more hours.
A typical day at work included following the daily checklist, conducting customer transactions, remaining confidential, and ensuring everything was accurate at all time for the benefit of the customer and the bank. The hardest part about the job was remaining professional with an uncooperative customer because that does affect a person emotionally. My coworkers and management became like a family. There is no judgement and we all developed a relationship that can't be forced. I was very lucky in that aspect. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing a report with customers and listening to their needs and making their time a little easier by offering the best solution for them.
Great, small company
Credit Analyst, Commercial Lending (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Stable, smaller, NJ bank which provides a great sense of community. Columbia cares about their employees.
Good place to work, and maybe build a career
Teller (Current Employee), WASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible vacations
Cons: no pay
It's a ton of work for little pay, but medical benefits and vacation/sick time is awesome.
have a lot to work on
Head Teller (Former Employee), Clark, NJAugust 18, 2014
managers are poor, pay is poor, advancement is by favoritism not who deserves it, the branches and rules should all be uniform, pay your employees better...
Productive job with friendly environment
Insurance-Escrow Analyst (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJAugust 18, 2014
Pros: charity events, company picnics, benefits, good management
Cons: repetitive work, not enough opportunities for advancement
The typical day at Columbia Bank as a insurance/tax analyst involves tracking various expiration reports to make certain all tax and insurance payments are applied in a timely and accurate manner. The managers answer any questions that are posed throughout the work day, considering that the same type of questions are not repeated. The organizational behavior is very eclectic and involves a multitude of personalities and cultural differences which are integrated for the purpose of performing various duties. The hardest part of the job is reconciling the general ledger through which all insurance – more... and tax payments are posted because multiple amounts are pulled from hundreds of accounts within a daily workload and lumped into a complete subtotal. The challenge therefore lies in pinpointing any differences (to the penny) that might have occurred throughout the posting or pulling of various payments. Although the job maybe tedious and come with its difficulties, the most enjoyable part would have to be simply exchanging a few words or conversing with the co-workers about their day. Such communication gives the company a setting in which people are genuinely concerned with the well-being of others to the point where the work place as a whole has a very family oriented feeling. In general, although the workload can be long and tedious at times, the overall environment of the bank projects an aura which is indeed very customer and family oriented. – less
A good company
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORAugust 5, 2014
Columbia Bank is a quality company growing a bit too fast to keep up with itself.
Fast paced work enviroment
Teller (Former Employee), Poulsbo, WAJune 24, 2014
Pros: local community bank
Cons: local community bank
In Store bank in a fast paced work environment
Not a lot of room for advancement.

local Bank Growing Fast
Highly stressful.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Astoria, ORMarch 31, 2014
Highly stressful position. The pay does not compensate the responsibilities.
Incentives were great, recognition for what you do at your job
Banking Support Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: employee incetives
The ability to grow within a company to expand your knowledge, opportunity to transfer internally to other areas. Weekly staff meetings were held and incentives were received. So many other positive staff activities were in place, golfing tournaments, year end staff gatherings, spend a day at Emerald Downs for the horse races, company picnics and Christmas Party. Such a fun place to work...
People there are like family.
Fun work environment
Overdraft Specialist (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 21, 2014
Good company overall. Spent my days closing overdrawn accounts, reporting them to collections, posting payments, and entering data into data bases. Great coworkers and management who worked well together.