Columbia Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with fundraisers all year round.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work was fairly slow, consisting of an average of 150 transactions. I learned more about excel and the fun feel of the business environment.
Pros
Several free lunches, paid time off with a third week available of vacation purchase..
Cons
How short staffed we were.
Lack of leadership & unprofessional
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Priest River, ID 83856October 14, 2017
At the particular branch I worked at, the branch was not at all like working at a bank. Management was absent in it's role of keeping the workplace professional! Inappropriate conversations among the staff, and within ear distance of clients, sometimes with the clients. I had to remind myself often that I work for a bank. Management would forge clients signatures if they weren't collected and/or missed on signature cards, etc.
Classic Bank Job
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 29, 2017
Classic bank job, will give you good benefits, plenty of holidays/PTO, and you'll have a few office parties here and there. Pay isn't great but it's the kind of place that rewards you for staying a long time.

Great training programs and ability to advance.
Pros
Benefits, working hours
Cons
Pay
Its a great company as long as you are friends with managment
TELLER 1 (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 13, 2017
I have been with the company for 2 yrs, I enjoy my job but not the management team!! Columbia says they are committed to support growth and advancement but they don't actually do anything to assist you in advancing.
Pros
Good benefits, and hours
Cons
Pay is terrible, managment is awful and no time to learn
Good management, credit culture
Loan Officer, Community Financial Resources (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Columbia Bank and felt that the credit culture was communicated well to the loan officers. I don't know if anything has changed since the CEO passed away and was replaced with the former Chief Credit Officer, however.,
Pros
Good people, good culture
Cons
Compensation wasn't reflective of the market
I love my job and most of the people I work with.
Retail Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
I'm not required to be in the office and rarely will you find me there. I'm motivated by people who believe in me and provide feedback, good and bad. I was the first Business Development person at West Coast Bank and was always the most successful. I target a broad range of businesses, but find manufactures and food distributors them most rewarding.
Pros
Flexible
great work place
Branch Supervisor/Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Othello, WAAugust 14, 2017
Columbia Bank is a great place to work. It is a team environments where we help each other complete tasks and help the customers. While at work we work with the general public to meet their banking needs and make sure they have the best available options for their funds.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
limited break times during busy days
less than optimal place to work.
Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORAugust 1, 2017
Nice folks but disjointed. 3 contractors hired and let go within 3 weeks of being hired due to lack of work. they do encourage a work/life balance which was admirable
Pros
work/life balance
Overall a good place to work
Loan Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 11, 2017
Preparing loan documents for lenders. I learned about Laser Pro documentation. Management is pretty good overall. The workplace culture is relaxed. The hardest part of my job was the lack of training I had when I first got there. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
A great place to work
LOAN DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 3, 2017
As a loan documentation specialist I had lots of work and the days went fast due to the workload. I enjoyed all my co-workers and the managers were understanding
Columbia Bank
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 25, 2017
My typical day at work is great! I work in a great environment with great team members. I love the community bank aspect here, and I love the more personal interactions with customers. Columbia Bank's mission speaks to me in many ways.
It is what you make it
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 27, 2017
Columbia Bank is a great place to learn, the company gives you access to take so many courses on your down time while on shift (which there is a lot of honestly). There are plenty of areas in the bank to move to but the hiring process isn't as professional as it should be. A lot of senior staff are biased and hire more on what they've heard than actual qualifications. The biggest downside is pay of course as everyone has mentioned before. They are not competitive with salary and managers don't take interest in trying to retain hardworking employees with higher pay raises.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low wages
Enjoyable place to work. Small close knit community
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Waldport, ORMarch 14, 2017
I performed normal teller duties. For over a year I was Vault teller and alternated weekly after that. I was wealth management champion for the past year. Small friendly small town community. I got to know and like most of the customers in Waldport.
Informative Learning Experience
Agricultural Banking Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 9, 2017
Employees are hard-working and do what's best for the customer. The end goal is to provide superior value to customers, streamlining the banking experience and building lasting relationships.
Bad pay
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 18, 2017
The pay at Columbia bank is very bad. You don't make enough money for the amount of effort you have to put into the position you are in. The systems are extremely out of date so you are doing EVERYTHING.
Customer Care
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma WaJanuary 10, 2017
Answer inbound calls regarding customer driven complaints and concerns. Start online banking accounts, start fraud claims, order checks and new debit cards, and balance inquiries etc.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Under paid, work load is too much
Secure Banking Job with Room for Advancement
Loan Documentation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 8, 2017
If you are capable you can move up as high as you want. I was able to move from teller, to personal banker, to Loan Documentation Specialist, to Loan Documentation Supervisor in 2 1/2 years by showing initiative and working hard.
The pay at the branch is low, but there is tons of opportunity to learn and grow to many areas of the bank.
Bank has ability to be much better for clients
Residential Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Management of Department poor, Processing was detrimental to customer service and production. Need to have proper staffing to be successful.
Pros
Loyal Customers
Cons
Poor Processing
Amazing place to work, I am just looking for a company that has a full time position
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98502December 27, 2016
One of the best jobs I've ever had I would encourage anyone to apply with this company. They have great benefits and treat their employees with honest interest. If there was a full time position in the bank I wouldn't be looking for a different job
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 7, 2016
I learned many things while working at the bank. The company is ran by good people and has great benefits for employees. I worked in multiple areas and was able to learn from so many aspects of the bank

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.