Columbia Bank Employee Reviews

fun place to work,got long relationships out of it
Supervisor Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 9, 2017
Customer service, processed customers transactions

Management was my mentor .
Hardest part of the job was leaving to move out of state.
enjoyable part was my customers and co-worker that became like my family and friends.
Informative Learning Experience
Agricultural Banking Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 9, 2017
Employees are hard-working and do what's best for the customer. The end goal is to provide superior value to customers, streamlining the banking experience and building lasting relationships.
Bad pay
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 18, 2017
The pay at Columbia bank is very bad. You don't make enough money for the amount of effort you have to put into the position you are in. The systems are extremely out of date so you are doing EVERYTHING.
Columbia Bank
Drive thru Teller (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Drive thru teller
Processing multiple transaction for customers involving cash withdrawal and deposits
Responsible for closing up the branch and verifying if other teller's cash box matches the branch total
Customer Care
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma WaJanuary 10, 2017
Answer inbound calls regarding customer driven complaints and concerns. Start online banking accounts, start fraud claims, order checks and new debit cards, and balance inquiries etc.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Under paid, work load is too much
Secure Banking Job with Room for Advancement
Loan Documentation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 8, 2017
If you are capable you can move up as high as you want. I was able to move from teller, to personal banker, to Loan Documentation Specialist, to Loan Documentation Supervisor in 2 1/2 years by showing initiative and working hard.
The pay at the branch is low, but there is tons of opportunity to learn and grow to many areas of the bank.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Colonia, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Good job to have during college. They are very flexible with students and school hours. Friendly people and nice management
Bank has ability to be much better for clients
Residential Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Management of Department poor, Processing was detrimental to customer service and production. Need to have proper staffing to be successful.
Pros
Loyal Customers
Cons
Poor Processing
Amazing place to work, I am just looking for a company that has a full time position
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98502December 27, 2016
One of the best jobs I've ever had I would encourage anyone to apply with this company. They have great benefits and treat their employees with honest interest. If there was a full time position in the bank I wouldn't be looking for a different job
little advancement
Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJDecember 6, 2016
Laid back place to work. advancement opportunities are few and far apart. older banking stucture and a bit antiquated. overall poeple are nice and close knit.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 7, 2016
I learned many things while working at the bank. The company is ran by good people and has great benefits for employees. I worked in multiple areas and was able to learn from so many aspects of the bank
Poor Management
Senior Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 28, 2016
Good Bank. Get rid of the old timers that have formed clicks. Bring in younger people that are willing to adhere to changes. Co workers were great. Think more about customer service then sales.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay and Managment
Excellent Corporate Culture
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2016
Management makes employees feel valued and are willing to recognize people that go above and beyond. Hardest part of the job is after our Panhandle State Banks acquisition by Columbia Bank was the frustration with long time customers.

We bent over backwards to make it a better place in difficult times and still managed to have fun at work.
Poisonous work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 1, 2016
I worked for this company for a couple of years. My direct manager was fantastic, she helped me to enroll in all kinds of courses and classes in order to build my professional skill-set, including registering me as a Bellevue Chamber of Commerce up-and-comer which only one employee may do each year, and getting me registered as a notary public for the office. When I left the company, due in no small part to her, my CB portfolio had more in-house training modules completed than any employee in the entire company, (what can I say, easy work left me a lot of time to poodle on my computer and take different classes in my downtime). I had more loans than anyone in my region at my level, multiple customers had sent letters commending my service, I have two degrees... I stayed at this job for three years as a teller and applied for every single opportunity for advancement, including completing training to become a CSR I was repeatedly told no by the regional manager. Once, I was encouraged by her directly, then she called in to prevent me from being hired. On another occasion, though I was qualified and applied, the job stayed open for months, before being closed.
Pros
Easy work, nice pay
Cons
Upper Management is Awful
Excellent place to work
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 25, 2016
Great Management, great CEO and just great people to work with and for. Everyone is friendly and collaborates in order to get the job done and get it done right. Great work environment, even though its a fast growing business they work hard at keeping the small company feel.
Pros
Great management and work environment
Excellent Place to Work
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 24, 2016
This is the second best job that I ever had. Benefits are outstanding. Company culture is pretty great. Environment is nice. I worked in HR and the HR team was the best team of people that you could hope to work with.
Pros
Fair pay, Excellent benefits, great team spirit
Cons
work overload requiring overtime. Some people like that though.
Columbia Bank is a great place to work as a teller.
Bank Teller, Float (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 24, 2016
I am a float teller for Coluumbia Bank. As a float teller I have to be flexible and interact with various branch staff members as I do not have a home branch and cover the teller line for branches that are short staff member and or need extra back up. It is great to go into the varying communities and meet the extrarordinary customers.
Pros
Part-time employees are eligible for health care and can accrew sick time and vacation hours.
Cons
Love seeing the light come on when a participant learns a new task.
AVP Professional Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was collaborating with my team and creating courseware. Also, seeing the results transferred and impacting his/or her results on the job was very personally rewarding.
Pros
Loved the ability to give back to the community in a meaningful way.
Cons
Wanted more life/work balance.
Great atmosphere
Summer Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 11, 2016
A great training program to walk you through all scenarios for one to be ready on the first day. Any struggling situation, Co-workers were wonderful with walking you through the steps. It was a great experience and a great company to work for!
Productive Place
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 29, 2016
Great company to work for. Culture is fantastic. They really do care about the employees. I would recommend. Management is top of the line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.