Columbia Basin College Employee Reviews

college
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 18, 2017
I am finishing my project management degree here. I am hoping to finish atleast my aa degree in project management and hopefully my BA there. Very good college and I recommend everyone to finish their schooling there.
Needs some improvement with communication but overall a good experience.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 3, 2017
Needs more improvement on communicating with others. Lack of training. Learned everything along the way. Need a better training program. It's a very fast paced office setting. Have to multitask everything that is thrown at you.
Nice
Instructional Tech (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 30, 2017
Very flexible, kind and social interaction. Campus is beautiful and friendly. Diverse. Kind. Executive. Professional. Student Services. Mentors and Advisors.
it was fun you got along with everyone
Student Employee Student Records (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WA 99301July 19, 2017
A typical day was a lot of people in and out it was constantly busy everyone needed help with something so I worked in many different departments helping people file or find their files and doing their errands.
Helpful workplace, very involving
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 17, 2017
Everyday we helped students and faculty in any assistance they needed. I learned to be more professional and how to converse with people that are higher class than me. The culture was very diverse with people from different back grounds and experiences. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the exciting things about all the individual buildings and programs. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help anyone taking a big step in going to college.
Pros
Free Classes and friendship between coworkers
Cons
The significant impact when you miss an event for the school
Easy-going and Flexiable
Stairs IT Technician (Student Worker) (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work is not all that challenging. If you know computers and follow directions for cleaning hardware you're fine. I learned quite a bit from working here. I learn more about troubleshooting computers and about the hardware then I did just reading a book. The hardest part of the job is juggling between a long line of students and making sure you have completed cleaning laptops for students to check them out again.
Pros
Flexiable, Easy-going, School Priority, Good Environment, Good Entry Level Position
Cons
No benefits, Minimum Pay, Minimum Hours, No Advancement.
Opportunity for growth
Part-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 15, 2017
Great opportunity for personal and professional growth. Professional and fun environment. Discounted gym membership. Faculty is approachable and caring.
Great work for a college Student
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 11, 2017
Game room was always fun to work at. You watch fellow students play ping pong and games, but you have to make sure they sign in properly and abide by the rules of the games room. You also clean the hub, wiping down tables and pushing in chairs.
Pros
get to work while in school, fun, outgoing
Cons
minumum wage, no health care, have to be on work study
Excellent community college
English Professor (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WADecember 10, 2016
Great staff, faculty, and students. I enjoyed every minute that I worked at this community college. More funding needed for our program.
excellent time
Math tutor (Former Employee) –  2600 n 20th ave. Pasco, WA 99301January 9, 2016
I worked as a math and physics tutor for the college through their work-study program. Excellent job, great learning opportunity while going to school. They tried their best to give me enough time for my studies.
Pros
flexibility
Perfect for the College Student!
Library Student worker (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 28, 2015
They work really well around your school schedule. Really positive and nice coworkers. Very good experience. Not a lot of room for advancement though. Definitely not a long-term job.
Pros
Works around changing class schedules
Cons
No advancement
Community college atmosphere.
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 17, 2015
I work with students with disabilities helping them with their accommodations. It is a lot of clerical and administrative work but is a vital part of helping with their education.
Decent but not great
Supplementary Learning Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasco WAFebruary 23, 2015
It is an okay place to work. However sometimes their seems to be a lack of plan for long term growth. Work life balance is good but there is a lack of research oppurtunities.
Great place to work.
Program/Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 6, 2014
Answer phone calls, talk with students. I learned a lot about people. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the people smile after they were accepted into the program.
Pros
Learning about my community.
Cons
Ability to communicate with multiple languages.
Workplace supportive of staff continuing their education
Program Coordinator/Transcripts (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work involves me working directly with students, staff, and the public. I've learned how to assist students from the time they complete their application for admission to the college through when they submit their graduation from the college. Management has always been supportive and encouraging to learn new jobs and give me promotions based on my skills & abilities. The hardest part of the job is denying a student their degree when they had failed to meet with an advisor & self-advised. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching & working with students from when they start until they graduate & move on with their future goals.
Pros
Access to the fitness center.
CBC is an outstanding sc hool and employer.
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 7, 2013
CBC supervisors work with you to allow you to attend class and work. If you need time off during finals, there is full cooperation.

CBC is an outstanding school and employer.
Pros
Having a job that allows you flexibility.
Cons
The position only lasts a year.
laid back atmophere
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WANovember 1, 2012
good place to work and enjoy the area, good benefits and hours.