Columbia Basin Health Association Employee Reviews

Great company
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAMarch 29, 2017
I was a full time dental hygienist at CBHA and absolutely loved it. I worked accelerated hygiene which means I saw two patients per hour but also had my own dental assistant which made the schedule much easier to handle. Coworkers are very friendly and they were great about giving raises; very comfortable pay.
Pros
friendly environment, great pay
stressful job atmosphere
WIC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is following the schedule already laid out for you. Then see patients anytime/everytime/drop-what-you're-doing.
Management for my department make the environment purgatory. They will infect you with their stress, self-esteem issues and their lack of work/life balance. You will hear PRODUCTIVITY numerous times and it will make you cringe. The meetings become a scolding show. Not matter how much you work, how passionate you are in helping people, it will never be enough. There will always be more you can do to help patients in ANYTHING. The manager and the supervisor are stuck in their ways. The rest of the girls do gossip a lot but are nice people. I regret I worked here. It burned me out.
"People don't quit companies, they quit bosses"
Pros
The most enjoyable part was helping patients.
Cons
supervisors, short breaks and vacation time
Horrible support services director and supervisor
WIC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Othello, WADecember 2, 2014
I worked in the WIC department. I was a wic clerk not a wic certifier but was expected to know everything within the first month. I learned a lot but nothing is ever good enough for the lion. He talks down to you, is very demanding, and an all around pompous jack. The supervisor wasn't much better. I loved most of the patients and my coworkers. One of the things that was an issue with patients was that if someone came in for WIC, even if they didn't have an appointment, we had to squeeze them in.
Pros
friendly it department
Cons
horrible management
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Connell, WAOctober 23, 2014
At CBHA it was a wonderful experince where I learned many things about my duties. My coworkers where very helpul people and became my friends. My manager would motivate me to do more everyday and do my best. We all got along well together and that made it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Free things on events and wonderful benefits.
Productive position with lots of good experience. Gained lots of knowledge.
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAJanuary 14, 2014
In a typical day I would help patients in the support service department who did not know how to speak English with whatever their needs would be: paying a bill, housing, filling up papers, etc.
I would also help explain to patients or groups of community members issues about illness like Diabetes/cholesterol/High Blood Pressure/birth control/breastfeeding/etc. issues.
Helped prepared weekly radio health 1/2 hour sessions.

The hardest part of my job was doing too much in 1 days.

The most enjoyable part was working with patient and doctors. It seems that my training as a teacher, my ability of speaking English/Spanish and knowing some medicine, became very sucessful for me.
Pros
working with patients and public
Cons
Health Education is a position that clinics are not hiring for anymore.
Patient friendly organization
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAJanuary 15, 2013
Working schedule is great and benefits package. Very fast paced but never feel rushed
Great patients, horrible management!
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Othello,WaOctober 13, 2012
CBHA has the ability to be a great place to work but with such a horrible dental director and lead assistant its was a terrible place to go to day after day. They have an unprofessional work relationship! They were very bias with scheduling and rarely followed through with their promises to fix problems in the clinic. There is a reason why there is so much turn over with staff at this clinic!
Pros
culture diversity, weekends off!
Cons
drama, poor management, gossiping from dental director to assistants! should be your last resort to work here!
Productive organization when it comes to assist the needy.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mattawa WA.September 11, 2012
Columbia Basin Health is a good place to work. The compensation is not very good though.
Pros
never work weekends.
Cons
very hard to get a raise.
Very Productive and a great place to be at
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAAugust 29, 2012
I loved everything about this company. Great management with awesome co-workers. Nothing bad to say about this company.
Pros
great team work.. awesome environment
Cons
don't get your break as much just because your so busy! :)