Columbia College Chicago Employee Reviews

Empowering and fast-paced
Fiction Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  624 s Michigan aveJuly 13, 2017
As a tutor, I was able to implement the training I received and apply it to individuals with ranging abilities and interests. I created lesson plans for each individual, and had two hour individual sessions with them weekly. The pay was good when I worked there, but it is my understand that the tutoring program is no longer a paid engagement.
Fun place to work.
Work Assistant & AutoCAD Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2017
The environment was a great place to learn and be creative with other design students. Great team work with new conceptual design ideas. Everyone was friendly and professional.
Producive
Student Work (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILJune 15, 2017
Long hours with little pay but able to learn a lot from the job experience. Was a aid for the teachers and was treated very well. If you did your job right then you were left to yourself most often.
Pros
Learn New Things all the time
Cons
no benifits
Inspiring Faculty
Consultant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
There are many inspiring faculty members who work at this institution. Also, the students are passionate and have a great zeal to succeed. This might be a great job for individuals who are full time employees with benefits.
Smooth Sailing
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
Overall good work experience. As a student I enjoyed working with the people in the office. There were a lot of ways to expand your learning at Columbia in a work experience sense.
Pros
relaxed environment, kind people, help all around
Cons
no free lunches, minimal room for advancement
strong staff
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
As a staff member it's very supportive within your peers. There's also free classes for full timers. Summers are quiet without the students, this is time for staff development and larger projects.
Pros
free classes
Cons
Campus buildings can be really far apart, this is no fun in February.
Fun environment. Low pay.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 25, 2017
Hourly workers received no benefits. The pay was minimum. But the environment was rarely stressful. Company parties. Free food. Relaxed staff and management.
Pros
Company parties. Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Minimum pay. No health benefits.
Splendid!
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
Great work atmosphere. Very big on teamwork and collaboration. Fosters innovation and creativity as part of their company culture. Allows persons to express their thoughts openly in a respectable manner.
Great Experience
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2017
I worked with a great team of people and creative students. I was able to have an opportunity for continuos learning for myself while helping others do the same.
Supportive community of creatives
Communications & Special Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
My experiences at Columbia College Chicago were productive and rewarding. They accommodated my class schedule and encouraged my growth academically and professionally. I made worthwhile connections and friendships during my time there.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unclear strategic plan from executive management

Want to know more about Columbia College Chicago?

Ask a question
Great Job that gave Great Satisfaction
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Working with Students with Disabilities was very rewarding. I enjoyed helping others be a success in their studies. Working here for 3 years helped me to grow my confidence and I enjoyed making friends with the people i was able to assist and that I worked with. Management was amazingly nice and it was hard to leave when I graduated.
Pros
Building Trust with students that needed help.
Cons
Sometimes people created too much drama
Office Work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
Learned how to build my peoples skill.
Interacting with students about their scholarship, tuition and other personal information to obtain the best results for both parties.
If i couldn't help or assist the student then further actions would take place where I would schedule whomever to meet with one of the financial aid consuls.
Pros
convenient, weekends off
Cons
short breaks, holiday pay
students are a joy to teach
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2016
The students ranged from first generation college students to top graduates of their high school. This made for a wonderfully challenging classroom setting and community. Columbia College is an art school and thus a good fit for an early childhood education teacher certification program that focuses on the Reggio Emilia Approach. Unfortunately, the chair of the education department is incompetent and most of the faculty that I taught with has since left the program. The two left express great distress with the current situation in the department.
Pros
college is located in south loop
Cons
administration and politics
Great Experience
Advanced Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2016
I absolutely enjoyed my time at the Advanced Production Sound Facility at Columbia College Chicago. The staff was great, the management was always supportive, and I learned so much while I was there.
You do not want to work here or go to school here
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
No support from administration. Administration is more concerned with their huge paychecks and do not care about students or staff. Administration raised tuition but cut staff/faculty and slashed student services. Oddly more VPs and provosts were hired.

Do not work here or go to school here. Makes me sad because it used to be a good school and a good place to work.
Pros
Students, Faculty, Staff...meet some amazing people
Cons
Administration is the worst, students are being grifted, .low pay, no support from administration, there is not enough room for all the cons that CCC has.
Everyone knows everyone...Great networking base
Student Teaching Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
Its a college with a lot of connects. Whether attending the school, working at the school or just visiting you are bound to find someone that "clicks" with you. Your new best friend, future employer or your golden ticket to get in the door. Columbia is a place for creating and maintain relationships.
Fun and productive environment
Teacher/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Columbia College Chicago's Semester in LA program. Those who worked there always communicated their expectations and needs and were quick to help explain or provide assistant if I ever had any questions or concerns.
Pros
educational outings
Student Worker
Student Work Aid (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2015
The job is very convenient considering that so much time is invested in constructing garments. This job allows you to also work on your homework.
It is one of teh best colleges in teh USA
Director professor Biology and Science Education (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Good College for students in art, media and communication. It has a very well established pedagogy, curriculum, programs, faculty, and academic leaders
Teacher Assistant
Teacher's Assistant and PA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2015
Teaching others and having leadership skills to solve and fix problems as a unit. Helping students, not only for their projects but also for their future.