Columbia College Chicago Employee Reviews

The joys of responsibility
Student Work Aid (Current Employee), 72 East 11th Street Chicago ILJuly 31, 2015
There's never a dull day when it comes to being a full time student, now couple that with being a work aid for the Major department in which you're studying to get a degree.You have first hand to be as involved as possible. In addition, working in a small team for everything teaches you first hand how responsibility and accountability works. Task to bee done, must be done because there is an entire team of faculty and students depending on you to hold up your end for the good of the production. You become a direct reflection of the department in the eyes of your professors and peers.
Nice place
Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome people
Cons: Small classrooms
School has so much to offer young people that wish to embark in careers of the Arts. The people that work there are dedicated and are passionate about the making sure that the young people that complete their degree program are prepared for their future.
Productive Workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Hour-long paid break for lunch, entry level experience
Cons: I couldn't stay after I graduated considering I was no longer a student
Working in the Department of Development was a great experience. It gave me basic Administration training and also helped me gain some experience with different data entry and constituent programs. Workers are typically quiet and keep to themselves, considering their workload was much bigger than mine, but everyone was always nice, respectful, and appreciative of my assistance. Altogether, it was a great experience!
An unglamorous job that teaches skills that are useful for a lifetime.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, IlJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free Housing
Cons: Not paid on the clock.
An excellent job to develop lifelong skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my peers overcome obstacles.
Live where you work!
Office of Residence Life (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
Build community, help students develop into productive well rounded adults, worked with a talented, dynamic staff, live in the south loop neighborhood of Chicago.
A wonderful work place
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch, meet new people
Cons: the pay
I really enjoyed working for my school. The environment was nice. I had wonderful co-workers. Management was a little wonky at times, but it ended up working for what we had to do. The pay was the downside. It was below minimum, but since it was a stipend, they could get away with it.
Fun to work in T
Executive Producer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, rewarding
Cons: No room for advancement
Facilitate and Supervise all phases of Production. Recruit and integrate student volunteers into workflow.
Distribute workload among 14 staff members. Act as a liaison between the Television Office and Frequency
Television Staff.
Very collaborative
Graduate Intern, New Student Programs (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
Good relationship between student affairs and academic affairs. There were regular meetings between the two groups updating them on information.
Great place
Studio Student Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
It was a great work environment as a student; I received a lot of outside critiques and advice on my work as an artist, as well as becoming more connected with the student body.
An open admissions college with a great philosophy of inclusion
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: well equipped facilities. full interdisciplinary access in the student body.
Cons: no benefits for adjunct faculty.
It is a hub of people united by the love for a craft. It has respect for the independence of cathedra, and a focus on the student success.
The open admissions policy allows the thriving of diversity in students and outcomes.
Great networking space
Student Worker (Former Employee), Chicago. ILFebruary 12, 2015
- Typical day at will be sitting at the front desk taking calls, taking appointments for Gigi Posejpal through the phone or walk in students or out posting posters.
- I have learnt how to interact with many different personalities.
- I have a great boss and her name is Gigi Posejpal.
- My co-workers are always fun. We still talk even after I graduated.
- Hardest part of my job is going out to post posters in the crazy winter weather.
- Most enjoyable part of my job is that we are a family at where we work. We are very supportive of each other even between employers and employees.
Supportive and empowering managment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Academic AdvisingNovember 5, 2014
Pros: compassionate and empowering management
Cons: pay could be better as well as adjunct faculty incentives
I learned a lot in working in the Academic Advising office at Columbia College and have been able to carry it over to other parts of my life.
Columbia College was a very supportive work environment and the management there was attentive to the needs of the staff outside of work and cared a great deal for the employees. This created high morale and made it easy to come to work everyday.
Productive and fun place.
Freelance Graphic Design (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of experience.
Come in and be assigned to a project and work on it. I learned a lot and came to enjoy the work.
Students receive hands-on experience in their fields of interest.
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: experiential learning immediately captures attention of students.
Cons: foundational theories not as readily received.
Columbia College is on the cutting edge of experiential learning.
Very Lenient, Interesting and Comfortable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible, lenient/understanding, interesting, comfortable
I really enjoyed working as a student worker because I felt comfortable in the workplace and they worked with me. As a student I get crazy class hours, so working here made it possible enjoying work here.
Awesome experiences
Student Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great team and lots of experience.
Cons: technical difficulties, challenging deadlines.
During my time as a student at Columbia College Chicago, I learned a lot. I was not an employee but I was a student. The experience of working a live news show was just like working in a real newsroom. It was fast paced, energetic, hectic and overall a great experience that I believe has prepared me well for a career in television. For every live news show, we picked stories and split responsibilities of writing, editing, cutting teases, doing SOT'S and VOSOT's. Before a show, the classroom was typically very busy with some people writing and others cutting video or working or loading the shows into the computer. I worked with a great, talented group of individuals and alternated duties throughout the weeks of the semester. The hardest part of the job was technical difficulties with shooting and editing and having to put everything together with a tight deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing what I love most-performing. There was nothing more rewarding than anchoring or reporting and knowing that people enjoyed it. I truly feel ready and think that experience shaped me for the best.
incredible school, incredible opportunities
Music Business Student (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
Columbia had so many opportunities for students who were looking to excel in their careers. There are tons of resources available for working on job searches, resumes and cover letters. All of the teachers were talented and resourceful and wanted you to succeed.
Great part time teaching GIG
Adjunct Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: great school
Cons: i commute from huntsville alabama every week.
One of the best animation schools in the country. Their approach to traditional animation is top notch.
Great School and Organization to work for
Admissions Counselor/National Recruiter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Best part of the job was being able to travel and meet new people.
Creative environment and interesting projects
Director of Marketing, The Dance Center (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
I enjoy working with other talented and creative professionals at Columbia College Chicago