Columbia College

Columbia College United States Employee Reviews

CC - as an employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 27, 2015
I attended Columbia College but also worked there, and it was a great place to be. I met some fantastic people who have helped me along the way, to find other jobs after I moved on.
Productive, civility and respect
Military & Veteran Outreach Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MissouriApril 25, 2015
Pros: Staff benefits
Cons: New transition in leadership, many things are uncertain
Nice place to work. Co-workers are professional and caring. The needs of the college and students are taken seriously. Great place to attend school.
Taught social work classes, supervised students, performed committee responsibilities
Assistant Professor of Social Work (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 23, 2015
Pros: Hours, financial compensation, benefits, co-workers
Cons: Somewhat of a hostile environment
It was a good experience for me with the students and some faculty. It was a challenge being a northerner working at a small college in the south. There was a significant culture class within the social work department.
Wonderful place to work
Student Billing & Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, wonderful environment, excellent co workers
Cons: The campus is not in one central location
Sherwod/Columbia College is a great place to work. They have great benefits for the faculty and staff members as well as some good on campus benefits for their students. The diversity of the college is very important to me because it gives your a chance to meet and work with some of the best instructors/professors this city has to offer.
Great working environment with great colleagues
Camp Instructor (Former Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 20, 2015
Working with the kids is great because they always bring a positive energy everyday and make it fun and easy to develop activities. Everyday I learn how to better manage and regulate the kids so that our day will be more enjoyable and informational for the kids and I. All my co-workers enjoy their work as much as I due and I know I can count on them to take over if I need them too and vice-versa. The hardest part of my day is when some of the kids do not listen but it has taught me to be very patient towards the different levels of skill sets I see. The most rewarding part of my day is when I spend extra time with a kid and he or she listens to what I say and applies it. Seeing the their own hard work produce a fulfilling outcome makes it all worth it.
Great place
Student -Worker (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 19, 2015
Columbia College is great place to work for. Directors and other staffs are very friendly. CC provides best quality education at affordable price
Fun place to work
(P-T) Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Fun to interact witht the students... Molding minds and sharing ideas as a adjunct instructor I got a chance to interact with great people
creative environment
Annual Music Industry Conference Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Columbia College is the perfect place for a person with a creative mind.
What I learned
Receptionist at Student Financial Services (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2015
I learned to be more clerical and to be more punctual in my daily tasks.
familiar atmosphere
Assistant Manager of ESL Online Department (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Moto of this school is 'student first'.
So they always trying to do something for students.
Also familiar atmosphere was the best thing of this firm.
When I was in this firm I learned so many things like relationship and communication skills from my co-workers.
Productive environment.
Student Teaching (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 4, 2015
The work experience was challenging and upbeat place to be. I enjoyed working with a variety of different people and made friends with many of my coworkers.
Great Place to Work with Great Students and Staff
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia MONovember 18, 2014
Columbia College is a great place to work with great students and staff.
Productive, good pay, lot of work
Clinical/Classroom Instructor (Former Employee), PROctober 6, 2014
Work was more than the payment but I adquiere a lot of experiences
Great work place
Accountant assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Participated in Financial Department daily work as an internship student
• Updated financial aid on monthly basis and current fund daily cash management on daily basis
• Prepared and organized journal entries for Financial Department
• Reconciled student loan, employee benefits and checks cashed by banks & verified bank deposits
Is a learning work place
Adiestramiento Empresarial Executive (Former Employee), Caguas, PRSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch time, coffee breaks
Cons: car allowance
Columbia College was my first experience of work. I started as a student and then become Secretary of President of Columbia College. Directed the industries Department of training and had on time partial discharge of two classes per semester. It was that I opened way in the labor field and part of the experience that I have today it is thanks to this work experience.
Productive and Amazing Atmosphere
REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL AID (RFS) COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 7, 2014
I learned how important higher education is as well as a job in higher education. I believe that when working in higher education we must be sure to make a lasting impression on our students. We need to ensure that we are providing the best service as well as follow up to show how much we care. My co-workers were very supportive in making sure that I always exceeded these standards. I fell in love with teamwork and this is what helped me through the trials and tribulations. I believe that when registration was at it's peak, this was the most difficult part. It was important to stay organized and work efficiently and effectively. I knew that we made an incredible impact on our student and this was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Inbetween class work study
Lab Aid (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2014
great time I was able to get to my homework and make some income.
Great place to teach; very supportive management.
Adjunct Business Administration Instructor (Former Employee), Marysville, WAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great community; awesome support; lots of teaching opportunities.
Cons: five hour classes lasting until 10:00 pm was a drawback.
I very much enjoyed my time at Columbia College. During the period of time I taught at Columbia, they provided me with ample opportunity to improve and teach a variety of subjects.
The management was terrific. They were very supportive and offered plenty of classes.
At the time I was there they had a great computer lab and ample support from the main campus.
I taught five hour classes once a week over 8 weeks. Five hours is perhaps the only drawback.
Fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Work study job that was a lot of fun. Got to meet great people and made invaluable contacts.
Computer Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: working for school
Usually have about 3 or 4 other co- workers.
My supervisor is always there if needed
Co-workers are friendly