Columbia College

Columbia College Employer Reviews

Computer Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: working for school
Usually have about 3 or 4 other co- workers.
My supervisor is always there if needed
Co-workers are friendly
A sad place to work.
Advisor (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAApril 23, 2014
The director and his assistant do not care at all about the students instead they prefer to stay home or sit at their desks watching Netflix. Both use school funds for personal use and if you show the slightest bit of moral character, you are judged as (this is the clincher) as "unchristian" and are let go of for inexplicable reasons.

I would not recommend – more... this school to anyone - whether for an education or a job. – less
I would like to try other work experiences. to provide for my family better economic, educational and welfare stability.
Nurse Profesor (Former Employee), Caguas, PRMarch 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: health plan
As a nurse I have had different experiences, and I have served children, youth, adults and older. Of all the lessons I've learned how to handle different situations. I really liked working in hospice, is that the treatment must be different humanity, compacion and know when to say things because the patient and family are susceptible and must be very – more... careful what you say. – less
Office setting with a very enthusiastic and ethical job culture.
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: food day, able to listen to music, flexible scheduling, and easy make up time.
Cons: short break, low pay, low hours
In a typical day at work I would clock in and get started by logging into all of the sites needed for the day. I would then take part in answering and arranging tickets, archiving, and doing the tasks assigned by my leads. I learned how to work at a computer faster and handle excel in a business (non-science) setting. the management was nice both were – more... women and i had fabulous coworkers who actually all got to know each other and created a very efficient work environment.

The hardest part of the job was helping students and parents to get in the correct documents, especially taxes, which sometimes had to be rescanned and fixed to be seen. The most enjoyable part was food day. – less
Assiting students and parents with payment plans for continuing and completing their education.
Assistant Bursar / Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: interacting with students, co-workers, and administration.
Cons: prohibiting students from continuing their education due to owing an outstanding tuition balance.
My daily responsibilities include a managing a face to face student registration process, meeting with students to explain and sign their loan paperwork and develop and follow up on their payment plans.

This position prepared me for my career in management and counseling students. I learned to manage my time and interact with co-workers.

The hardest – more... part of this position is not permitting students continue with their education due to having an outstanding tuition balance.

The most enjoyable part would be attending graduation and seeing all of the students I assisted in completing their college education. – less
Great tradition but very bureaucratic.
Assistant Director of Budget and Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good exposure to higher education, students, easy commute by train
Cons: lower pay, horrible parking
Administrative positions are customer service oriented. Faculty is generally good to work with. Management works in committees to make decisions which leads to a lot of bureaucracy. Co-workers are personable and good to work with.
Productive and fun workplace
Academic Advisor II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Awesome place to work! Great work/life balance! Co-workers are very friendly. It is enjoyable to work with the students and faculty.
A fine place to work
Adjunct Geology Professor (Current Employee), Centennial CollegeJanuary 24, 2014
There is a good balance of work and instruction. Students do well and the faculty and administration is very supportive.
A learning environment
Writing Consultant (Current Employee), 12th Floor - Fiction Writing OfficeJanuary 22, 2014
Columbia College is a great place to work because you are surrounded by intelligent and creative individuals that are there to help as much as possible.
Excellent Place to Work
Business/Systems Analyst (Current Employee), ColumbiaJanuary 20, 2014
I have worked for Columbia College just short of 5 years and I would highly recommend this institute to anyone looking for gainful employment.
Great Organization to work for, undergoing a lot of change
System Projects Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2013
I have worked here as a student worker and adjunct professor and would love to stay with Columbia College Chicago. With the new leadership in place, the college is undergoing a lot of change and I hope that there will be room to grow.
Columbia College was a great place to work.
Proctor (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: working with students
Cons: not enough hours
My typical day at work consisted of setting students up on computers to enable them to take their appropriate exams needed in order for them to receive college credit. My supervisor and co-workers were a joy to work with. The hardest part of this job occurred when the occasional student would become frustrated with the freezing-up of the computer program, – more... or a specific policy that they did not agree with. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to involve working with students. – less
Great place to work as an Adjunct Teacher.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Columbia, MOOctober 14, 2013
Pros: great team of teachers.
I was given the opportunity to develop courses as well as teach 8 different classes over an eight year period.
Excellent training in how to implement course, work with students, etc.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, MOSeptember 18, 2013
I teach one or two sessions each semester to students of all ages from all parts of the nation/world.
A Great start to office management
Student Worker (Current Employee), Freeport, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: interaction
Cons: some tasks are tedious
At typical day at work involves being support staff to the Director and academic advisor. I am also responsible for tutoring in certain subject. I learned how use excel and I also learned how to use an electronic postal machine. Management here is good. They are very personable and approachable. They are also my co-workers and they are very well rounded – more... in dealing with all types of customers. The hardest part of my job is when there is nothing for me to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers whether it is tutoring, academic planning or just navigation of the online school site. – less
Productive Day interacts with students
Security/Police Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: discount on school
Cons: monthly pay checks
Respond to police situations, ensure the safety and well being of the college students, faculty and staff and the public as well enforcement of state, federal, and Columbia College rules and regulations.
Fun workplace
Math tutor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 23, 2013
I was a math tutor about five nights a week at Columbia College, while I was going to school there. I love math so it was exciting and enjoyable for me to be able to do something that I love and to try and teach it to other people. It was also very hard to teach people with different learning styles how to do math.
Earned dual bachelor
Columbia College of Missouri Student (Former Employee), MissouriAugust 18, 2013
Pros: rescheduled exams when needful
Cons: online classes better organized than on-site classes
Staff and instructors very accommodating, weekly opportunity for peer review on topics, daily use Microsoft Office Pro and D2L student portal.
Nice enviroment with motivating individuals.
Jr Research Scientist (Summer) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2013
In a classroom at the school me and other students from different schools are brainstorming ideas for how to reduce fossil fuels in your enviroment. My colleagues like me were yong full of ideas and willing to express them at any given moment. The most difficult part of the job would be convincing people to consider this way of using energy instead – more... of there original everyday usage of energy. At the end of the when I go home knowing that someone was convinced by my idea of solar energy usage its guaranteed that I did my job well. – less
good job
maintenance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2013
Pros: working with family
loved the work /nice hours good co workers we had every weekend off and great management

1 2 3