Columbia College Employee Reviews

Very technical workplace
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRDecember 27, 2016
Do your job an you will be Great. A little friendliness can get you a long way. If you are an expert in your field you can shine. You will meet and see everyone. Can be good if you get along can be bad if you don't.
Pros
coworker and boss relationship can be closer than normal.
Cons
Very strict.
Veteran Liaison
Veteran Liaison (Former Employee) –  Columbia, CADecember 26, 2016
Coordinated with college administration in order to provide fellow Veterans with guidance, information of Veteran specific school events, GI BILL implementation, and proper BAH usage.
an creative environment with dedicated people
Creative Writing - Storyworkshop instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2016
Columbia College offered an exciting academic environment with creative coworkers.Working within the storyworkshop program greatly informed the teaching methods that I have made use of ever since.
Great Place to Receive an Education
BS in Business Management (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 28, 2016
Small campus with attentive professors who understand the work/life/school balance needed by a busy professional. Highly rated college with many online courses.
Pros
Affordable and Convenient
Cons
Lack of offered higher-level courses; except online.
nice place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
Nice place to work, relatively high pay compare to other schools.
Staff are polite.
Students are polite and ok, though they are not very into academic learning.
Pleasant Place!
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 28, 2016
Columbia College is a quaint private liberal arts school providing exceptional education to students and the military.
Fun learning envioronment
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottingham TheatereSeptember 26, 2016
I found it very easy and fun to be a part of this team. It had a very positive environment. The typical day at work was very enjoyable, just like the lady I worked with.
A most memorable experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2016
Time spent at Columbia has been both rewarding and challenging! I volunteer my services there whenever I have the free time. I tutor Spanish, Business Ethics, and in Psychology.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
location
The focus is on the money, not the students
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 15, 2016
There have been recent changes, the college has a new president and the place is changing. It's become much more of a business and less of a college. The focus is on the money, not the students.
Enjoyable experience
Anchor and reporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
This was a 30 minute weekly news cast at school. I was not financially compensated. I received college credit I gained a lot of experience from covering local news stories, entertainment news, edit video footage, write copy and edit news stories. anchor, and assist producer.
Pros
Great experience
The best place to work
Student Assistant Hospitality Management Program (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJuly 11, 2016
the type of job for a single mom perfect hours to be able to raise a child being single. The best co-workers ever and such an amazing place to work.
Finest people in all of Missouri
Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 8, 2016
It's a great work environment with kind caring individuals that love their college as I do. I am very proud to have been counted among them. The customer service is beyond reproach. Columbia College graduates professionals with a goal oriented mind set, the way it should be.
Pros
Great supervisors and good benefits package
Cons
Limited nationwide as far as ability to transfer geographically
School
Student (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2016
As a student the staff is very helpful and the classes are catered to the students availability. The teachers are very knowledgeable, and are always available to assist with homework.
Part Time Experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 23, 2016
It was a good place to get some work experience hours and student worker hours, with various kitchen positions through the vocational program there.
What I learned
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
It was a job that was very convenient for a college student supporting their self. I better learned the process of post production, and got to practice instructing people during workshops and tutoring. It was a good time.
Pros
Steady pay, and experience
Cons
Pay
Best work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAApril 23, 2016
Columbia College is a great place to work for. I was worked as a administrative assistant. Management and co workers were so friendly.I had to handle two three people at a time. But it was so easy because my co workers helped me and our team was worked hard together .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Loved working with children, and staff at school
Adminstrative Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
Planning activities for the children, helping with homework, that children are fun to be around and are willing to learn. Manger very helpful willing to teach and help assisting you in setting up new programs very friendly and encouraging. That the program was only for a short period of time. Being around the children teaching and watching them succeed.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 18, 2016
The work load is more than the pay which comes from upper management. Great group to work for. Very flexible. Hardest part of a job there is financial aid. The most enjoyable part of the job are students.
Friendly yet professional work environment
Graphic Designer/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
As a student worker for Columbia's Department of Safety & Security, I assisted the Operations Manager of Campus Safety and Security with administrative functions. My duties included but were not limited to clerical, organizational and digital maintenance of office documents. I also assisted the AVP with design concepts and modernization of general orders.
Decent place to work to gain experience
Adjunct Faculty - Neuroscience (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 4, 2016
Columbia College tends to hire mostly adjunct faculty to fit course requirements of their students. This atmosphere leaves no job security and the impression that adjunct faculty are expendable.
Pros
Teaching at night works well as a second job
Cons
Less pay despite same work if low enrollment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3