Columbia College Employee Reviews

Great place to receive your education
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 13, 2017
Columbia College offered many classes online which made it convenient to go to school and work and have a home life. Many of the professors were very kind and helpful.
Toxic Culture
ADJUNCT HISTORY PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILNovember 6, 2017
Never could decide on what they wanted out of my position, very difficult place to work. On admissions side of college I would not recommend working at this college unless you had to.
Best part of working at Columbia is the Co-workers
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
I loved working with the staff and faculty at Columbia. They were warm and creative. Would have loved to still be there. However, with the economic crash of 2008, the student population also crashed and a good portion of the staff was laid off.
good private liberal arts college
Adjunct Professor of History (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2017
a great place to work for adjuncts. Like many small colleges, they rely heavily on adjunct faculty, but since they have been doing it for a while they are ahead of the curve in their treatment of adjuncts.
Educational job
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2017
This was a job where I learned quite a bit about computers and to work through technology issues. Amazing co-workers and staff. On job educational classes.
Hate it!!
Student Administrator (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAOctober 10, 2017
I hate this place with a passion. Management is so disorganized. Company is dishonest and CEO is full of himself. Only looking to fill his pockets with money. No benefits.
Good place to work with numerous benefits.
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 4, 2017
Friendly environment and flexible schedule. The institution really cares about the students and is constantly striving to improve. Supervisors are supportive and professional development is very important to the college.
Pros
Flexible schedule and work environment.
Cons
Will likely no longer offer base health insurance but only high deductible plan, pay is lower than national average.
Not horrible
SI Leader/TA/Special Programs Desk (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 19, 2017
i was a student worker, didnt make much money but it was nice to have a job that worked with my school schedule. I was an assistant to the Business professors, so it also provided great experience in my field of study.
Online Adjunct Instructor
Online Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  onlineSeptember 18, 2017
Since I am the last person on the list for the course that I teach I rarely get a contract for a course. This is disappointing. This is also due to low enrollment and having too many classes of the same subject offered so do not blame the school.
Pros
Love the work and the online teaching experience
Cons
Last person hired so rarely get a contract for my course
Elderly Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALSeptember 18, 2017
A very good place to work. The people that stayed there are very sweet. Very easy to get attached to. The employees there are very nice people to be around !!
Bad place to work
Adult ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 11, 2017
Those attending and running this "school" do not follow all government regulations for work visas. The administration changes grades so "students" can retain their "school visas".
It is a teaching job
Adjunct Mathematics Professor (Current Employee) –  , St. Louis CampusSeptember 1, 2017
Columbia College St, Louis treats it Adjunct faculty well. The pay is reasonable. Since it is an adjunct position, there is no certainty that you will have work going forward. With that said, I have typically taught a minimum of 3 classes per year for the last 25 years.
Manager/receptionist
Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MissouriAugust 31, 2017
Veel geleerd vooral op het communicatieve vlak. Probleem oplossend management moest er verricht worden. Heel klantgericht en een zeer relaxte bedrijfscultuur.
Pros
Veel contact met mensen
Cons
Geen
Great people to work with
Admission Process Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 26, 2017
Great people to work with, and was a positive working environment. Learned how to use a variety of different databases and developed administrative skills.
Counterproductive
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2017
This organization doesn't value its employees or students. I constantly think of the students and alums that are being impacted by the poor decision of the executive leadsership.
Pros
Co-workers and students
Cons
Poor leadership
Fun, Collaborative Work Enviorment
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 8, 2017
Company really cares about employees and provides up to date, energetic, and fun work place environment. Enjoy working with my co-workers and appreciate the numerous amount of networking with this position.
it was a real neat job
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
i worked helping people call the right places i did my job with vigor i really knew what numbers to call and who was there i handled the job well with little difficulties
Pros
had to work with a headset
Cons
had to work in an office
inconsistant
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 30, 2017
I like my time at Columbia College. the reason I did not stay was because management was inconsistent with discipline and didn't take control of their staff and let staff do what they wanted. they could not provide staff with the proper equipment to do their job effectively.
Pros
tuition reembersment, nice educational staff
Cons
inproper or broken equipment, lack of disapline
A fun and productive work environment along with an excellent learning experience.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 3, 2017
Columbia College is an excellent place to work if you are looking for helpful individuals to work along side. The work environment is friendly and is a wonderful place to learn new skills.
It was a productive job
Program Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
I entered a lot of information into a spreadsheet. That was my first time getting to explore microsoft excel in that way. That job helped me become more familiar with that microsoft application. It also helped me learn the differences when operating it on an apple product versus a pc.