Columbia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good work experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2017
This company was wonderful to work for. The management was supportive of staff and compensation was good. Work environment was excellent and there was adequate opportunities for advancement
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 8, 2017
The worst thing about Columbia Healthcare is the management there they fire all of the good AIDS and keep the ones who provide minimum care to residents no one in your Corner when you need help most of the nurses are lazy not all but most wouldn't refer anyone to this company
Pros
they cater grandys
Cons
short breaks
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 28, 2017
The management there is absolutely horrible. And the only time its ever ran good is when states there. The play favouritism there very well. Anybody off the streets can get a job there.
Not the best place in Columbia
Charge LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 22, 2017
The building is falling apart and won't be fixed. The employees are lazy and late all the time and nothing happens to them. Management seems to fire all the good staff for stupid things and let outrageous things continue. Management doesn't care! Because of that a lot of good staff has left to go somewhere else. The residents are nice.
Pros
the patients are great
Cons
Staff works through breaks a lot, staff is mandated to stay for another shift if next person doesn't show up for their shift
Terrible
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 21, 2016
Terrible to work with. Lack of attention to detail and things that really matter
Poor communication skills
Lack of follow through.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
To many to list
High turn over rate, very disorganized
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 18, 2016
I would never work for this company again, I found maggots in a residents wheelchair. The staff is always working short, the management are forced to work 60+ hours a week with no compensation.
Pros
Cons
everything
My experience as a charge nurse
Charge Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2015
Columbia Healthcare offered me the ability to gain experience and develop my skills as a nurse. It offered me a place to learn about time management and organization skills. Taking care of twenty clients in one day, helped me learn about prioritizing and delegating tasks. My colleagues looked out for me and helped support me when I needed help. They knew I was a new nurse and would seek me out if they had a unique situation that I could learn from. They were willing to teach and instruct me.
Series of jobs
Outpatient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasMay 20, 2015
The beginning of employment was as a secretary in cardiac rehab unit. This transitioned to Office Manager with the same staff and cardiologists until the facility became a free standing "Rehab Center".
The last position upon leaving Columbia was as a coordinator for several sites. This was definitely a rewarding and learning experience. The hardest part of this job was leaving, had to relocate.
The greatest was the knowledge and experience that was immeasurable.
Fun, and friendly place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 30, 2014
I have been at Columbia for almost two years and I absolutely love it there. I love the people and the residents that I take care of. We are like a big happy family and that makes it worth going in to work everyday.
Enjoyed supporting the COO of 20 hospitals
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 9, 2014
Learned and grew with the operations involved in managed care.
Pros
Lots of responsibility
Cons
A lot of overtime
Nice place to work
Skilled Unit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 23, 2013
Resident care. Learned a lot about rehab. Management were ok. Loved my coworkers. Hardest part was coping with unruly residents. Enjoyable part was touching people's lives.
columbia health care
unemployed thanks to them (Former Employee) –  like they got me a job!May 30, 2013
Worst company ever! They will never find you a good job. They will stick you anywhere to make their buck. They won't support you. They don't even try hard to find you a job. You do all the work and they claim they got you a job. They misrepresent the company, they lie and then blame you when you have to leave the job. No integrity. None. They are fly by night shysters!
Pros
Cons
everything