Columbia Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

clean and safe to work there.
Nurse Aide, office work (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 9, 2017
Very good supervisor to work with. Clean environment and happy and healthy workplace. The salary is good and everybody is so friendly and cooperative. I earned a lot of experience by working there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
I had to move
Internship
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 27, 2017
My experience was as a intern for the medical assistant program, I enjoyed the hard work and learning experience there. I learned what I needed to work on and have bettered myself since then. my typical work day consisted of bringing patients into the rooms, checking vitals, charting, cleaning rooms and setting up for the next patient. in Endocrinology I did A1cs in the physician lab. I also worked in wound care which was a lot more stressful for me if given more weeks to work there I feel I would have done a much better job.
hardest part for me was taking vitals and cleaning rooms in wound care. I liked the people I worked with they were all very helpful, in teaching me .
Cardiology Clinic
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 29, 2017
Our Department is a Team that works great together. When one member is out sick or an appointment a team member steps in and fills the gap to provide quality of care for all our patients.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 14, 2017
Overall a good place to work. People are friendly but there is a disconnect in communication throughout the organization. They are fantastic to patients and they have great benefits.
Pros
The people are great
Cons
Advancement from within is tough
Not a great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 14, 2017
To many bossy people to much critiasizm, to messy overwhelming housekeeping. Lot of gossip very hostile environment and very little communication. Would never recommend doing housekeeping there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Long hours, lack of communication, hostile environment
What I learned
Transitional Leader, Maternity Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORMay 1, 2017
I learned what it meant to work at and manage at a critical access facility. It was very interesting to me the mount of services that were provided as outpatient services since the in-patient beds are limited to 25.
nice place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 1, 2016
customer service taking care of patients needs daily dressing and meal prep helping patient when they needed something electronic charting reporting patients health to nursing staff.
Terrible employer!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OregonJuly 12, 2016
I worked for this establishment for 5 years. There are more managers than they have beds in the hospital. The physicians verbally abuse the staff and get away with it. The managers have no clue what they are doing and they treat the staff terribly. It's not only the hospital employed physicians but most of the physicians around the community that are terrible. Mistreating patients and way too expensive! Do NOT work or go here!
I enjoy working as a team with the RN's on my unit.
Same Day Surgery, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORNovember 13, 2014
Admit and recover and discharge surgery patient's. Recover and discharge Endoscopy patient's. Telephone pre-op surgery patient's. I enjoyed working as part of a team and connecting with my patient's.
Not having enough rooms to admit surgery patient's. I enjoyed the nurse's working as a team.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
No relief shift if we had surgery patient's past our scheduled shift.
Total compassionate patient care.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 22, 2014
Total team work employees, The least amount of years employed in HIM department was 7 years. Most employees have been there close to twenty years. Hard to get foot in door, everyone loves their job.
Pros
Warm and friendly. No one leaves their job.
Cons
I can't get a job there, there are no openings.
Love the community
Orthopedic Attending Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 21, 2014
As to any complaints I had when working there, I think that my leaving fixed those. Everything I asked for while I was there was provided for the new recruit almost immediately. I respect that they made the changes and would consider going back there if there was a need.
Pros
beautiful community hospital updating and making changes
Cons
changes weren't made until I left
Productive and a fun place to work. Had the chance to learn and practive advanced skill under the supervision of a RN.
Certified Nursing assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 6, 2013
I worked Med/Surg. It was a great place for a new CNA to work. It helped me reaffirm that I want to continue my studies and get my RN
Patient pass down
start taking vitals, make sure patients are happy and comfortable
Chart patient vitals and inform RN if there is a change in vitals, or patients behavior or appearance.
Get patients ready for dinner
check to see how they are, if in pain ask what level of pain
Take patients vitals and chart them into computer
Get patients ready for bed. Help with ADLs, assist with walker to the bathroom
Pros
Small hospital size
Cons
Short or no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Columbia Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location