Columbia Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
productive and helpful
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Columbia Memorial Hospital. The atmosphere was fun, co-workers helpful and very nice. I learned about the rhythms of the heart and how to read them. I learned how to do measurements and read EKG sheets, and I got to admit and discharge patients. Also, I did filing and took orders for the doctors. it was a good learning place. I never worked in the medical field before and it was a very good experience. management was good, very understanding and helpful as well.
Terrible employer!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OregonJuly 12, 2016
I worked for this establishment for 5 years. There are more managers than they have beds in the hospital. The physicians verbally abuse the staff and get away with it. The managers have no clue what they are doing and they treat the staff terribly. It's not only the hospital employed physicians but most of the physicians around the community that are terrible. Mistreating patients and way too expensive! Do NOT work or go here!
Productive and a fun place to work. Had the chance to learn and practive advanced skill under the supervision of a RN.
Certified Nursing assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 6, 2013
I worked Med/Surg. It was a great place for a new CNA to work. It helped me reaffirm that I want to continue my studies and get my RN
Patient pass down
start taking vitals, make sure patients are happy and comfortable
Chart patient vitals and inform RN if there is a change in vitals, or patients behavior or appearance.
Get patients ready for dinner
check to see how they are, if in pain ask what level of pain
Take patients vitals and chart them into computer
Get patients ready for bed. Help with ADLs, assist with walker to the bathroom
Pros
small hospital size
Cons
short or no breaks
Love the community
Orthopedic Attending Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 21, 2014
As to any complaints I had when working there, I think that my leaving fixed those. Everything I asked for while I was there was provided for the new recruit almost immediately. I respect that they made the changes and would consider going back there if there was a need.
Pros
beautiful community hospital updating and making changes
Cons
changes weren't made until i left
Total compassionate patient care.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 22, 2014
Total team work employees, The least amount of years employed in HIM department was 7 years. Most employees have been there close to twenty years. Hard to get foot in door, everyone loves their job.
Pros
warm and friendly. no one leaves their job.
Cons
i can't get a job there, there are no openings.

2.6