Columbia Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

N/a
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Lovely place to work, Beautiful small town with a gorgeous view of the historical Hudson River. Staff are very friendly.
Good close family feel to Central Services/CMH
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Great hospital to work for. Treated like family. Rarely a stressful situation. Everyone is willing to help one another to succeed. Excellent benefits for the price point.
Pros
Room for advancement, great resources to continue work related education
Cons
Employees pay full price for cafeteria.
I want to work for a company/practice that will teach me as well as value my experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYDecember 16, 2016
A typical day for me is multi tasking, fast paced environment, being a leader, as well as, a team player to get all of the work completed. I am focused, enthusiastic, inspiring to my colleagues.to push themselves to get the job done for the day.
The hardest part of my job was poor Management. Discussing important issues and not one ounce of follow through or investigation. If issues arose they would do nothing about it.
My co-workers looked up to me as a leader and an inspiration.
The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfied clients, great outcomes.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
nice place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 1, 2016
customer service taking care of patients needs daily dressing and meal prep helping patient when they needed something electronic charting reporting patients health to nursing staff.
Wonderful
Amy Clark (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYOctober 4, 2016
Educational and a very fast paced environment that keeps you moving. Very good patient care and great co workers always helpful
Demanding
Echocardiographer (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Every department is different. It is hard to balance working with personal life at times, but YMMV. The job shouldn't become your life, despite what others may lead you to believe.
Terrible employer!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OregonJuly 12, 2016
I worked for this establishment for 5 years. There are more managers than they have beds in the hospital. The physicians verbally abuse the staff and get away with it. The managers have no clue what they are doing and they treat the staff terribly. It's not only the hospital employed physicians but most of the physicians around the community that are terrible. Mistreating patients and way too expensive! Do NOT work or go here!
productive and helpful
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Columbia Memorial Hospital. The atmosphere was fun, co-workers helpful and very nice. I learned about the rhythms of the heart and how to read them. I learned how to do measurements and read EKG sheets, and I got to admit and discharge patients. Also, I did filing and took orders for the doctors. it was a good learning place. I never worked in the medical field before and it was a very good experience. management was good, very understanding and helpful as well.
I enjoy working as a team with the RN's on my unit.
Same Day Surgery, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORNovember 13, 2014
Admit and recover and discharge surgery patient's. Recover and discharge Endoscopy patient's. Telephone pre-op surgery patient's. I enjoyed working as part of a team and connecting with my patient's.
Not having enough rooms to admit surgery patient's. I enjoyed the nurse's working as a team.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
No relief shift if we had surgery patient's past our scheduled shift.
Total compassionate patient care.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 22, 2014
Total team work employees, The least amount of years employed in HIM department was 7 years. Most employees have been there close to twenty years. Hard to get foot in door, everyone loves their job.
Pros
Warm and friendly. No one leaves their job.
Cons
I can't get a job there, there are no openings.
Love the community
Orthopedic Attending Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORJuly 21, 2014
As to any complaints I had when working there, I think that my leaving fixed those. Everything I asked for while I was there was provided for the new recruit almost immediately. I respect that they made the changes and would consider going back there if there was a need.
Pros
beautiful community hospital updating and making changes
Cons
changes weren't made until I left
Productive and a fun place to work. Had the chance to learn and practive advanced skill under the supervision of a RN.
Certified Nursing assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORSeptember 6, 2013
I worked Med/Surg. It was a great place for a new CNA to work. It helped me reaffirm that I want to continue my studies and get my RN
Patient pass down
start taking vitals, make sure patients are happy and comfortable
Chart patient vitals and inform RN if there is a change in vitals, or patients behavior or appearance.
Get patients ready for dinner
check to see how they are, if in pain ask what level of pain
Take patients vitals and chart them into computer
Get patients ready for bed. Help with ADLs, assist with walker to the bathroom
Pros
Small hospital size
Cons
Short or no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Columbia Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location