The non-exempt position and function of Accounting Clerk exists in the ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT of our organization. The ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT is a strategic member of our business team —critical back office support for our customers and business operation. Our customers are our number one priority. Therefore the expectation of the ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT is to run seamlessly as a team with respect toward the customers and team members.
- Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports, and records.
- Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Prints daily accounts payable checks and inserts checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
- Assists Accounting Department personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Audit daily sales reports submitted by location management.
- Discuss report results with location management.
- Post data to sales journal.
- Handle customer and employee accounts receivable.
- Assist with accounts payable, prepare checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred;
- 1-3 years hands-on Accounting experience;
- Basic computer skills and word processing;
- Good mathematical background;
- Excel skills a must;
- Reconciliation Strength -- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently;
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers;
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic;
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment;
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings;
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment; and
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
Indeed - 14 months ago