Columbia Sportswear Company

Columbia Sportswear Company Employer Reviews

Pretty laid back company to work with.
Sr SAP Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 10, 2014
Fun place to work with.
Quickly picked up cross functional knowledge.
Colleagues are encouragers and competitive to work with
Keeping up with normal production support and project work is challenging and I enjoy it
Fast pace work environment with a diverse crowd
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2013
A tipcal work day at Columbia would be maintaing high visual standards as well as training sales and stock assoicates.
Productive Day
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, PANovember 11, 2013
I Perform cash register transactions. Provide great customer service to drive store sales. Lastly maintain current and accurate knowledge of product features and benefits.
A production facility open to innovation and ideas to improve in all aspects from safety to efficiencies!
Utility Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great co-workers and job security!
Cons: compensation is based off industry medians not primarily off individual abilities/skillset.
As a utility specialist, my day may differ depending on production needs throughout the facility. There are a mulitude of departments which my position requires me to have superior knowledge of so I can perform at a high efficiency when I am called upon.

I am currently on a temporary assignment with the Inventory Control department. The duties involved – more... here are maintaining and monitoring inventory, adjusting inventory accurately, review accuracy reports, and to utilize research techniques through warehouse management software. It is a great behind the scenes look at personnel performance and the varying details of function.

I am one of few people that have had success at the warehouse level. With the economic turmoil we all have endured, it has been a blessing to be rewarded with promotion during this time. I am thankful for management for recognizing my success and effort, but at the same time I do not plan to stop here. My goal is to eventually run a department and be apart of the management team here.

Overall, I have amazing co-workers. That is the most enjoyable part of the day. The camaraderie we all share here is outstanding. – less
Literally the worst job I have ever had...
Analyst (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 30, 2013
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: idiotic managers, high turnover, lack of vision, fearing change, terrible hr dept.
A woefully inept pool of managers, who haven't the skill to work at better companies, routinely dump all over good employees- that is my summation of the horror show I experienced at Columbia.

Columbia is currently undergoing a mismanaged ERP implementation which is requiring an insane number of vacation blackout dates, causing an already low morale – more... to plummet to new depths, and illustrating how poor the Planning department is being run.

Project managers have bailed, employees are scrambling to get to Nike, Keen and Adidas as fast as they can; only the true masochists remain.

I am out of here in just a few weeks and will beg my co-workers (the good ones anyway) to leave too. I also strongly- very very strongly recommend that anyone who reads this do not waste your time applying for a position at this train wreck of a company... Especially if its in the Planning department! – less
Technology Company that happens to make apparel
Freight Supervisor (Current Employee), Allen, TXMay 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits, generous discount, friends and family discount
Cons: unrealistic performance goals, not enough advertising, uninformed customer base
The best retail job I have had. the company really focus' on employee knowledge of the product which helps sales. we were a new store so you really have to educate the customer.

Columbia has, hands down, the best products in the industry. It could be discouraging because the biggest competitor has a better brand image, but has an inferior product. – more... You have to really work to inform your average joe about the technology. – less
CSC is an awesome company
HR/Payroll Operations Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 9, 2012
Come work for CSC!! It provides an ideal work life balance. There are great summer events, and a fabulous volleyball season.
Financially Sound company
Latin America, Asia, & Pacific - Footwear Sales (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 27, 2012
Pros: volleyball court and benefits
Cons: aging brand
Good place to work and gain experience. Financially sound company with good management
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake OswegoJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: employee store and great discounts
Cons: pay is way below what is reasonable.
This company makes each employee feel valued. It's a fun and productive place to work, but don't expect to break the bank with your paycheck.
CSC is a very good company as far as compensation and benefits. But,...
not needed for the purpose of the review (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 11, 2011
Pros: beers and music in the summer, good people/coworkers
Cons: long hours, zero recognition, no chance for advancement
CSC is a very good company as far as compensation and benefits. But, it has a major endemic culture of nepotism, making it nearly impossible to advance one’s carrier. This also brings the added challenge of unqualified short term executives only interested in quick results that save money in the short run, but are dreadful for the future of the company – more... and the morale of employees. That said, and in CSC's defense, this is not an uncommon practice amongst large companies, so take my review with a grain of salt, as the same can be said about many others. – less
Family and Work balance
Quality Auditer/Technical (Current Employee), Bangalore KAMay 29, 2013
Pros: free brunches
Cons: long distance
I love to work in this place.i Have learnt lot in this company and the result i able to manage big factory's. I have got chance to manage quality of factory's in India and Bangladesh.