Columbia Sportswear Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Work Place
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 19, 2017
A typical day would be to meet with creative talent and product great styles and engineer new product. Strong collaborative company with strong personalities.
Pros
Love the work atmosphere
Cons
Shortbreaks
Sales Associate/Cashier Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2017
"It is the best company to work, because they give us good training, good salary, good relationships and good information & communications.and a lot of work but with excellent facilities
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 18, 2017
Worst experience of my life I busted my butt and showed up early everyday to get two girls who were jealous of where I was at to say I wasn’t doing appropriate things while I went to get my ecig. Seriously, they waited two hours into my day and didn’t give me a warning for something I wouldn’t ever do and just fired me. They state they are family but there not. I wasn’t even allowed to go get my stuff and they escorted me out of the building. Shame on you columbia family doesn’t treat family this way.
Great company, but poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 17, 2017
Columbia is a great company to work for with excellent benefits and discount but the management is inconsistent and always changing. There is little room for advancement even with great performance in your position. Hours are inconsistent and always changing, which is typical for retail, but constantly asked to work a different shift the day before it is needed.
Pros
Benefits, employee discount
Cons
Poor management, hours
Great Company to work for!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHOctober 12, 2017
The company Is a great company to work for. They offer quarterly sales bonuses for management. Its like any other retail job, the hours are never consistent and there is no such thing as a routine week schedule. The management needs work on its communication skills but other than that they are great as well. The store manager is very flexible with students and other associates looking to just pick up a couple extra dollars a week. The hardest part about this job is the inconsistency with the schedule. Its hard to start or have a family when your schedule is never the same.
Productive and fun work placce
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 9, 2017
There is no typical day at work,
i learn how to deliver work in on time,
Management is very supportive,
there is no hardest part mostly i enjoyed working there
It used to be a good place...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNOctober 7, 2017
In response to the "retail apocalypse" the company has started endorsing unprofessional and abusive management tactics in an effort to increase it's profitability margin. Management sets unreasonable standards, and then fails to recognize any success that approaches this. I would never work there again.
Great for a bit..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAOctober 5, 2017
I worked for Columbia Sportswear and it was an okay place. Everything was VERY strict but people had good hearts. You couldn't have your phone on you and it made me kind of uncomfortable because my family is prone to emergencies and there were a few times where I couldn't get to the phone when I needed to. The place was always FREEZING cold and you could never stand still. I do recommend this place to those who love the outdoors and can handle such strict management.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Cold and very Strict
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 4, 2017
This was a fun company to work for. Great discounts and great products. Direct manager was very hard to work for as he did not like women in management positions.
Slow paced but improving
SAP Test Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 4, 2017
Company was a mom and pop shop and remnants still remain, having brought in resources from outside the company progress is being made to make it comparable to other companies.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
Lack of advancement and no clear path forward
Second Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PASeptember 22, 2017
My time at Columbia was one i didnt expect to have, at first it was diffrerent environment. i had never worked in retail before but im glad this was my first place. There are good days and bad days but there were way more good days. There were times when you would have nothing to do. and then you would be so busy the next it made the day go by fast. The people i worked with were amazing and friendly and i miss working there today. Columbia is a good place to work.
Relaxed Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 14, 2017
Though the environment could sometimes be fast-paced, more often than not, it was relaxed and carefree. My managers were also very flexible with my class schedule, which allowed me to focus more on my school assignments and commitments.
Pros
Carefree
Cons
Holiday hours
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2017
meeting new people always a good thing fun and welcoming events meeting higher up management getting to review and try out new product before it come out and just working with such awesome people and managers
Pros
products and hours discounts and people
Cons
some customers and location
Fun
Freight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 23, 2017
The job is fun, but the customers are difficult from time to time just like any other retail store. The managment is great and they dont overwork you.
Not too bad, but don't stay too long
Freight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
Its a team effort for the most part, but I am sure there are managers that focus on themselves and not the team.

Pay is acceptable depending on location and market

Annual increase is not that great.

Bonus's are not around for associates, only managers.

even then, its still not great.

PTO and Health benefits is pretty good

Employee discount pretty nice

Overall a nice Solid part-time gig.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Stressful and biased
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORAugust 7, 2017
I do not suggest working here. There is only one good manager and the rest are narcissistic, petty, and lazy. The work environment between employees is very group oriented and if you aren't in the group then you are hated.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Customers, Mangers, Hours, Rate of pay
A leader in the industry
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 4, 2017
Columbia Sportswear has been an innovator in the Outdoors Industry for many years. Who doesn't want to be apart of that!
As a member of the Management team you will gain important retail skills such as Store set up, Sales set up, Inventory control, Staff management, Visual Merchandising and much more!
Pros
Exclusive employee discounts, Upward movement, and Job security
Cons
culture
Productive environment that relies on efficient operation.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 25, 2017
Job is very strongly reliant on good numbers for efficient operation with ever improving conditions for employees, as well as improving the team work atmosphere.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Seemingly short breaks.
Has an exercise room
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Robards, KYJuly 23, 2017
A fast paced work environment. Switch jobs every few days so things stay interesting. There is so much to learn but once you do it puts everything in to prospective for a distribution center.
Pros
Dicounts for employees
Cons
All bags and lunch boxes will be checked before leaving the building
good environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 20, 2017
learned a lot working in this outlet, the staff and managers are great. like how everyone worked together and helped out. even though the outlet is always busy as a previous staff I once was I like being busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Sportswear. Our community is ready to answer.