Columbia Sportswear

Columbia Sportswear United States Employee Reviews

great place
E Commerce Representative (Current Employee), beaverton oregonApril 8, 2015
I think that working at Columbia is a good opportunity for a person who is wanted to be a part of the eccommerce world. The schedules are flexibile and there is room for growth there
Fun place to work, Love the sales assoc.
Freight Supervisor (Former Employee), Sandestin, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: Balistice program, Assoc. programs
Cons: Short breaks, no set goals, or since of one team
SM is new and trying to hard to leave their mark....is very do is I say not as I do....all other managers there ROCK! The environment is fun and fast paced. Product is fun and useful. Floor managers are nice and knowledgeable. The two different teams don't really work as one cohesive whole. It's very Stock team Vs. Floor.
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Commerce, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No benefits
Customers treat you like you are not a human being. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the manager when he's in or in one of his moods. I learned that managers play favorites with associates. Enjoyable part was working with assistant manager. Very inappropriate workplace as too many associates bring their problems into work and relationships. Offer no benefits much less full time even though there are promises of full time, which only apply to management. Hours get cut constantly and inconsistent schedule. Manager is NOT flexible with your schedule. Manager wants you to practically harass customers on a constant basis and encourage them to buy more. Uniforms are not provided and must buy your own Company Brand clothing in the store including shoes.
Columbia
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Williamsburg, IAMarch 24, 2015
A typical work day is very pleasant here at Columbia the management and co-workers are all so very nice to every customer and the employees. I have never worked at such a respectable place that has such caring employees for the customers and employees. I have learned so much about the new technology that has been brought to the world to have.
Friendly team and great product.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anthem, AZMarch 23, 2015
I liked many things about working there. The product is great, pretty awesome discount and you can add up to 30 others to get this discount as well. Not always enough things to do but that has a lot to do with the location of this particular store. Pretty good place to work overall.
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kissimmee, Florida (Vineland)March 16, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: upper management
The Management at this location is terrible. I've never worked for a store that the management treated its employees so demeaning. Mainly the store manager & assistant store manager. The hours are ok, no opportunity for advancement. And be prepared to be treated not so well, even if you are college educated & a professional just trying to make a little extra money. These two think they are superior in everything they do & say.
poor team work
Sale Associate, (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: pizza and ice cream socials
Cons: divided staff, indirect communication, worked off of people who weren't in manger position
staff was divided and worked off of he say she say
work load was light and engaging
management was poor
co-worker interaction was poor and forced
the hardest part of the days were cleaning up after co-workers in the staff area
the most enjoyable part of the day was assisting customers
Fun place to work
Freight Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: holiday hours
Cool company to work for. Good people and room to grow when I was there. I learned a great deal from my managers. The only downside is you have to work most holidays.
Enjoy working with staff and management team.
Retail Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: close knit family enviroment.
Cons: benefits very poor.
Work some what slow and uneventful.

Work mostly on merchandising and sizing through the day.

Customers are extremely friendly.
fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 30, 2015
helping customers selling customers product working in a fast pace environment moving from sales floor to cashier or fitting rooms.
Fun and Great.
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 23, 2015
Columbia Sportswear is a really good place to be at. Everybody was always friendly and wants to help.
Nothing spectacular, An overall average experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 5, 2015
The staff was really funny, we used headsets to communicate because our location was so large but we would always just crack each other up the entire day. It can get really really slow during warmer seasons.
Productive and fun working with costumers and clients
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free clothing, great benefits with payment, family environment, fun atmosphere
Cons: nothing really.
Worked 9-5 shifts generally. Sold all sorts of different products to wide variety of consumers. I learned how to communicate and help people find what they need. I learned the value of costumer service. I learned how a little act of service can go a long ways. Our work environment was like family to us. The hardest part of the job was having to be on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part was interaction with customers and fellow co-workers.
AWESOME
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIOctober 28, 2014
I absolutely loved working for Columbia Sportswear! The managers were awesome, very understanding and dedicated at what they do. They always were checking on their employees during the work day to see how they were doing and if they needed anything. They always rewarded their employees for working hard and efficient. From the first day I started til my last day I never complained about working or never wanted to go! I woke up and was happy to go to work for them
n/a
Store manager (Former Employee), Lincoln City, OROctober 27, 2014
Columbia was a fun motivating place to work. The store was always busy with a lot of loyal customers. The brand sold itself by being durable and innovative. The hardest part of my job was leaving it to move to a place that they did not have a store. The most enjoyable part of my job were the customers that it attracted and the employees that truly loved to work where they shopped.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 5, 2014
I feel this is a good company to work for. There are a lot of innovative technologies being used. My fellow coworkers are very friendly and knowledgeable.
Productive work environment with exceptional associates and benefits.
DC 1 Associate (Current Employee), Robards, KYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: hours/benefits
Cons: some team members looking out for themselves.
A productive job to work. Vey busy in the fall time. No time for family etc. Work comes first. Freindly atmosphere with great management. Many willing workers to go above and beyond to make production deadlines. Sometimes it is unclear which areas need the most attention to meet production goals. The employees make the best of the job. very friendly and are willing to lend a helping hand.
Warehouse work
Shipping Associate (Former Employee), Robards, KYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: very little advancement. often unsafe practices.
Basic warehouse job..... Not much advancement. Ok benefits. Unsafe
Great if you're a manager.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FlAugust 27, 2014
Pros: you get a great discount
Cons: horrible management, no hours, no room for moving to full time.
If you're a sales associate you will look forward to little to no hours a week, the managers will tell you one thing one day and then the next day there's different rules. If you have a problem with a manager they absolutely don't care they have a "you're replaceable attitude". Not a fun place to work unless you are a manager.
Great place to work for management
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great discounts, great technology
Cons: not organized all the time, and sometimes lack of information
The slow days were the hardest times at this store. Also, making room for suggestions from the management team and crew were not available or taken into consideration. As far as that the benefits were above average. The discounts on products and selection was very pleasing. The most enjoyable part was the customers that came into the store with very unique stories about travel.

1 2 3 4

About Columbia Sportswear

Gertrude Boyle is called chairman and, occasionally, one tough mother. The octogenarian and face of Columbia Sportswear's "tough – Read more

Columbia Sportswear Salaries