Columbia Sportswear Employee Reviews

Working
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 12, 2017
A lot of people interaction, standing for long hours. Have to understand the product to work smoothly. Very understanding
Fun place to work, but often was unorganized
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 9, 2017
During the week it was pretty slow. Weekends and holidays were the busiest. So many tourists, mainly non-English speakers, so it was very important to be patient and find a form of communication between the customer and employee. Average co-worker environment, some were easy to work with while others made the job difficult. Lunches and breaks were always off schedule, employees had to ask the supervisors for their lunches and breaks sometimes because they would not get called to take them. Most enjoyable part about the job was seeing a customer that you recognize, they tend to be the friendliest and easiest to assist.
Fun and nice place to work in. Easy to move up if motivated.
Sales Associate / stock (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Easy work do to through out the day. Meet new people everyday and never a dull moment. management is fun and laid back. If your highly motivated then it is really easy to move up in the company.
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAJanuary 6, 2017
I like working for Columbia, love working with customers, The hardest part of my job is moving up the ladder, It seems like the management has favorite people and the other hard workers get over looked.
productive workplace eviornment
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
review the prvious days KPI's
Go over daily sales goals
the management staff provided a healthy workplace environment
i had a good relationship with my co-workers
One stop shop for fishing and outerwear.
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 26, 2016
Sell good quality products.
I learned more about product technology, like Columbia products are environmently friendly, they are sun protected called Omni Shade they have UVA and UVB sun protection which blocks the full spectrum of harmful rays.
Omni Shield- water and stain repellent. (Resist & Release Blood & Guts).
Omni-Wind Block - Breathable Windproof.
Omni-Tech (Waterproof- Breathable Guaranteed.)

OutDry Extreme products are Thermal Reflective + Outdry Extreme keeps you warm and dry in extreme conditions.

I learned about its product technologies which includes: WarmTechnology, Dry, Cool, Protected Technology.

Columbia Titanium is a collection focused on outerwear, sportswear, footwear and accessories specially designed to meet the performance needs of the most active outdoor consumer.
Not the worst seasonal job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 16, 2016
Rapid training followed by fairly simple calls. Co-workers are a big help and management mostly stays out of your way. If you give it a minimum of effort you'll do fine. Do not expect to be hired on permanently. Super slow off season.
Well management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the employees were all understanding and hardworking. The teamwork was great. The leadership and management are also great and don't shun the workers.
Some really smart management folks with distribution too political at corporate
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2016
Love working with the smart people at distribution but too much fun and games at corporate rather than doing the work. Too many rah rah meetings for people to hold hands cheer. Like a big pep rally high school when work is to be done.
Pros
Smart Distribution Management
Cons
Corporate management getting rid of the older experienced people
People are very judgemental
Don't worry about it (Former Employee) –  N portlandNovember 22, 2016
I worked a week and before I got the job they told me they are trimet friendly I would take the bus 2-1/2 hours to make it to work. And I always got on the 1st one out and worked 2x as needed. But because trimet doesn't care if your on time and the people who work there don't care you have no place to fit in.. and everyday night shift would always some how mess up for morning shift then point fingers at morning shift
Biased supervisors and unorganized leader's that don't care but also like to favor people all around a weak company to work for especially if you have to take trimet
Pros
Cons
People are rude AF
Great environment to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 17, 2016
This business is the best place to work at. The people there are wonderful. The store is outside base clothing. You have to learn everything about the product. And I mean everything but once you have it down your set :) .
Pros
Nice people, great products
Cons
Short breaks
Columbia employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
I worked at columbia sportswear when I graduated highschool. I believe it's normal standards when it comes to retail stores, having product knowledge was also a requirement. Other than that, job was fairly easy
Very Friendly
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 1, 2016
The co-workers are very friendly, management was okay. I answered the phone and placed orders for the customers. The hardest part about this job was understanding the managements expectations because each person said something different
not a very good company
sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 27, 2016
I couldnt get a raise or move up in this company my ideas were unheard and all they cared about was numbers amd sales. We only made a dollar for every 100 we sold. Over Christmas time i sold about 3000 dollars of stuff and got maybe 50 dollars
Pros
discounts, knowleadgable about product
Cons
terrible pay
Professional work place
SAP ABAP Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, WAOctober 20, 2016
Management is very cool and it gives a higher opportunities to learn new things over there each and every person in that company is very humble.
Try Stuff
Global Buyer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2016
Columbia has a great culture.
A typical day includes playing volleyball, attending a meeting about how to improve working better with people, and connecting with international co workers.
I learned about the importance of trying things. Go with new ideas. Then try again.
Management always empowered employees to work independent of micromanagement.
The hardest part of the job was to learn of new processes as the company was always evolving.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the commitment to the great outdoors.
Freight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 5, 2016
I love that every day is different. I like the fast pace environment and also enjoy when we get those nice slow days. I have learned so much about myself and my management style and really feel that i have grown so much since starting with Columbia.
Poor Leadership and inability to move up in company
Sales Associate and Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLOctober 5, 2016
The best thing about working for Columbia Sportswear are the other co-workers. The management is very unfriendly and only cares about results. My store manager only uses employees are stepping stones to further their career. The store has trouble keeping new employees and all the good ones never stay long. Management doesn't know how to talk to associates and only criticizes. Doesn't care about anything other than results no matter how miserable the atmosphere may be. Typical Control freak like behavior. Only 1/3 of our workforce has been working there for over 6 months. The benefits are great if you use them, but not worth dealing with everything.
Awful place, no job security
Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Robards, KYOctober 2, 2016
This place was a joke no job security at all, if your not running 100% they will fire you. No benefits at all or days off till your hire full time which they never will plus the pay is awful.
Cons
Active work place, fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORSeptember 28, 2016
Nice company to work with, the environment is nice and not stressful at all to be a retail store. All the coworkers are in a young age. Clean environment.
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
very short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Sportswear. Our community is ready to answer.