Columbia Sportswear

Columbia Sportswear Employer Reviews

Productive and fun working with costumers and clients
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free clothing, great benefits with payment, family environment, fun atmosphere
Cons: nothing really.
Worked 9-5 shifts generally. Sold all sorts of different products to wide variety of consumers. I learned how to communicate and help people find what they need. I learned the value of costumer service. I learned how a little act of service can go a long ways. Our work environment was like family to us. The hardest part of the job was having to be on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part was interaction with customers and fellow co-workers.
AWESOME
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIOctober 28, 2014
I absolutely loved working for Columbia Sportswear! The managers were awesome, very understanding and dedicated at what they do. They always were checking on their employees during the work day to see how they were doing and if they needed anything. They always rewarded their employees for working hard and efficient. From the first day I started til my last day I never complained about working or never wanted to go! I woke up and was happy to go to work for them
n/a
Store manager (Former Employee), Lincoln City, OROctober 27, 2014
Columbia was a fun motivating place to work. The store was always busy with a lot of loyal customers. The brand sold itself by being durable and innovative. The hardest part of my job was leaving it to move to a place that they did not have a store. The most enjoyable part of my job were the customers that it attracted and the employees that truly loved to work where they shopped.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 5, 2014
I feel this is a good company to work for. There are a lot of innovative technologies being used. My fellow coworkers are very friendly and knowledgeable.
Productive work environment with exceptional associates and benefits.
DC 1 Associate (Current Employee), Robards, KYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: hours/benefits
Cons: some team members looking out for themselves.
A productive job to work. Vey busy in the fall time. No time for family etc. Work comes first. Freindly atmosphere with great management. Many willing workers to go above and beyond to make production deadlines. Sometimes it is unclear which areas need the most attention to meet production goals. The employees make the best of the job. very friendly and are willing to lend a helping hand.
Warehouse work
Shipping Associate (Former Employee), Robards, KYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: very little advancement. often unsafe practices.
Basic warehouse job..... Not much advancement. Ok benefits. Unsafe
Great if you're a manager.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FlAugust 27, 2014
Pros: you get a great discount
Cons: horrible management, no hours, no room for moving to full time.
If you're a sales associate you will look forward to little to no hours a week, the managers will tell you one thing one day and then the next day there's different rules. If you have a problem with a manager they absolutely don't care they have a "you're replaceable attitude". Not a fun place to work unless you are a manager.
Great place to work for management
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great discounts, great technology
Cons: not organized all the time, and sometimes lack of information
The slow days were the hardest times at this store. Also, making room for suggestions from the management team and crew were not available or taken into consideration. As far as that the benefits were above average. The discounts on products and selection was very pleasing. The most enjoyable part was the customers that came into the store with very unique stories about travel.
Fast pace and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLAugust 14, 2014
Company has growth. It is a fast pace environment. Friendly co-workers.
Solid job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2014
Solid job. Good and professional work environment.

And the pay was very nice compared with other retail.
fun work environment where positive attitudes come easily
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Park City, UTJuly 1, 2014
Columbia is a very enjoyable company to work for. The company itself hold very strong values and is always getting employees involved in what can we do matters. Management is a strong leader for the stores themselves, with team work and constant learning.
The hardest part of this job as with any retail is that there is no set hours, the schedule is not the same from week to week which leaves little time to plan family events.
the most enjoyable part of this job is the customers that come. being able to help someone that isn't sure of the company or the products.
Very fun outgoing workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Las Vegas , NevadaMay 1, 2014
Pros: food court inside the mall, awesome managers, good hours .
Cons: i have nothing bad to say .
On typical work days it was very fast paced fun , but most mostly exciting . I did cashier , fitting room service , go backs , customer service , suggestive selling , recovery and merchandising. I loved working here because it was my first job ever and it was so wonderful . I learned about different technologies that were totally awesome (: Omni freeze , Omni heat and so much more . It was a clothing store for winter and summer accessories for snowboarding , staying cool in the summer , and skiing. Management was absolutely great I loved them , very nice , sweet , and so caring . My co workers were pretty awesome I couldn't complain . We hung out at nights going bowling , having drinks etc. Nothing was hard about the job at all . Pretty laid back never had any bad customers my whole year and a half working there. Most Enjoyable part was helping customers determine there needs so that they can go home happy .
too much down time
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, PAApril 29, 2014
Depending on the time of the year would determine if or if not the company would be busy. Co-workers were very fun and nice to work with.
Love my customers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
Pros: customers and sales
Cons: communication with dm
My overall job was to make sure the business was running and profitable daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. I hired, trained and work with customers daily. I got to work with over 1000 customers a day and loved it. The product was great and that made it easy to sell. My store was number one in my district and the smallest in the district.
Unsustainable Wages | No Paid Vaca | No Benefits
Stock Clerk RECORD BREAKER (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2014
Pros: fun people
Cons: no benefits, no vacation, unsustainable wages
Columbia offers no paid vacation for store front part time employees. There are no benefits and one earns 16-20 hours per week (unsustainable). Twice I was offered management jobs at 8.50 per hour (obviously an insult to 10 years in retail). For dedicated work I got a 27 cent raise.
Great atmosphere, awesome company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere, fun coworkers, flexible hours, ok pay for retail
Cons: management
I love working for Columbia Sportswear. It's a great company that is always coming up with new innovations and designs to improve clothing. A typical day at work consists of registers and floor time. Unless you're a freight associate, meaning you work and process freight in the backroom/warehouse. There are typically 4- assistant managers, and then the store manager. The store I work fro has kept most of their managers, but seems to have a problem keeping freight supervisors/managers. My coworkers are amazing and very friendly, we all like to keep each other in a good mood and make each other laugh. The hardest part of the job depends on the day honestly. When we are busy, two of the four managers don't handle the stress as well as they could, and therefore become anxious , sometimes affecting the associates for that shift. The most enjoyable part of being a sales associate at Columbia Sportswear has to be the feeling of accomplishment when you've helped a customer, or taught them something new about one of the technologies the clothing offers. You start to build a sense of loyalty. Also, for every month that we make our expected or above expected goal of profit, the company gives you a percent of that in your check the following month. It's called ballistics. Very very nice incentive and motivator.
Proactive work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), portkand orApril 5, 2014
I love how involved the company is with their employees. They are really focused on your success, and making it a team.
Great company to work for! Compensation could be more rewarding.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Edinburgh, INApril 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay doesn't match the amount of work you do.
Awesome benefits! PTO, plus holidays. Great health insurance for the price. It's a lot of work, but makes you feel accomplished at the end of the day.
Fun, learning experience, good pay and great hours.
Stock Keeper (Former Employee), Portland, OR.February 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, all the hours i could want, and overtime, and good people
Cons: break times was shorter than i expected, and commute was to far.
I would get to work and clock in, after that I would go to the main office and get my "Gladiator" wrist scanning device, and Mic, so i could communicate with the office in the warehouse. I would then go up to my section of the warehouse that was located on the third floor, and pull boxes off the conveyor belt, I would find a place for the boxes on the shelves and scan the box and what shelf I put the box on into my gladiator. When I finished with that I would check my gladiator scanning device to see what boxes need to go on the conveyor belt down to shipping, find the boxes, scan them to let the office know they were on their way, place them on my cart. As soon as my cart was filled I would quickly take the cart to the conveyor belt, and unload the boxes onto the outbound line. If I finished doing all of that and had nothing else to do I would use my mic to ask if where I should start cycle counting, they would tell me where in the warehouse they wanted me to start and I would go there, set my gladiator scanner to cycle count and begin scanning the boxes and what shelves they were on, in order, so the office could get a accurate display of where the boxes are located.
It was a great job that I would be very interested in doing again, as the people were great to me and taught me a lot about how a warehouse works. The hardest part of the job was the commute from Vancouver WA to Portland OR. The best part of the job was the satisfaction of a hard days work, and a job well done.
Good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 9, 2014
Good place to work. Good people. Had fun working here. Retail is retail is retail.

1 2 3 4

About Columbia Sportswear

Gertrude Boyle is called chairman and,¬†occasionally, one tough mother. The octogenarian and¬†face of Columbia Sportswear's "tough – Read more