Columbia University Employee Review

View all Columbia University reviews

Interesting place to work. Low pay. Few opportunities to promote. Poor mentorship
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros – Columbia has good benefits and gives the opportunity to interact with bright people.

Cons – The mentorship is poor or inexistent with lack of motivation. Very low pay, even below NIH recommended pay rate. Lack of opportunities to promote and to develop as an independent researcher.

Advice to Senior Management – If you work in science look up your PI before you join a lab. Look for productivity and originality. Some PI's are stuck and it is hard to understand how are they still there or who review their performance

Other Columbia University Employee Reviews

What I learned
Cardiac Transplant Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed taking care of my patients-they were like "family" to me. I will miss them tremendously.
I worked long hours and have learned that even though your work may entail a 24-hour practice, you need to work no more than a 12 hour day. This way you can get the benefit of a restful evening at home before the next work day.
A great place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington Heights, NYDecember 13, 2017
Columbia University is a great place to work, depending on your role and location within the University. The benefits of working here are the benefits that Officers receive: full medical and dental and a very generous PTO program. Additionally, employees are afforded the opportunity to move between departments and schools.

I would recommend anyone to work at CU.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2