Columbia University Employee Review

View all Columbia University reviews

Interesting and busy during admissions season
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be to scan, file and enter credentials of confidential matter into various computer application systems. Processed thousands of graduate applications and processed decisions generating decision letters. Answering emails and phone calls from students, staff members and departments. Required to sit as a receptionist various times during any month where I answered questions and directed guests to other departments, schools or staff members.
The best part of this job was the large diversified group of people I worked with continuously. The hardest part of the job was the long hours during admission season.
Pros
free lunch and tuition reimbursement
Cons
lack for professional growth, hiring usually done from within

Other Columbia University Employee Reviews

relaxed positive place to work
Maintenance Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
I swept and hosed sidewalks daily. I also pulled trash and recyclables from respective buildings and prepared it for sanitation pick up. The hardest part of my job was dealing with damaged property and the inconvenience it brought the tenants. The most positive part of the job was helping the tenants to solve their everyday problems of lost mail and no hot water issues.
Pros
Affordable apartment with the position
Cons
No room for advancement
One of the best departments
Faculty Affairs/Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
I work in one of the best departments in Columbia University. The History Department's DAAF and staff were consistently complimented and thanked for our hard-work and excellent work ethic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2