Columbia University Employee Review

View all Columbia University reviews

Academia
Client Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
The academia world is one I've enjoyed the most in my career. However, with that benefit comes the downside of staying current on technologies and competitive compensation. The most challenging part of my job is clarity of my job duties, fluidity among various departments and consistency from management. The perks of working here are flexible work schedules and a dress down attire culture.
Pros
Casual culture
Cons
Low market compensation

Other Columbia University Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington Heights, NYDecember 13, 2017
Columbia University is a great place to work, depending on your role and location within the University. The benefits of working here are the benefits that Officers receive: full medical and dental and a very generous PTO program. Additionally, employees are afforded the opportunity to move between departments and schools.

I would recommend anyone to work at CU.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Columbia University was a great place
Clerk B (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
Working at Columbia University I came across so many people from all walks of life. Many were doctors or doctoral students. One of the best times of my life.
Pros
Family, unity, comradery
Cons
Low pay, union disputes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2