Columbia University Employee Reviews

Excellent School
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
Although the school is very competitive and expensive but it is really worth. It is prestigious Ivy school with excellent teaching and research agenda. From scientific and technological perspectives, researches are really top notch and cutting-edge.
Pros
Ivy League
Cons
Expensive, Comptetitive
Expensive but worthy
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
There are many talents in the school, I have met many good friends and also learned a lot from them. I am proud of the school.
Work for a wonderful group of doctors and nursing staff.
Billing Compliance Manager - Department of Surgery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
The culture was great and I work well with other team members and the medical staff to create a warm and caring team. We had many staff retreat to help all with their understanding of transplant organs.
Pros
Working hard to create team efforts
Cons
When patient did not make it after surgical procedure
best place to start
Physical plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Columbia is a great place to start your career, it provides financial security, job advancement and help to further your education, while providing you with a challenging environment to put your skills to good use.
Great work being done
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Columbia University. I work with brilliant people that are doing amazing work in the Public Health sector. At the end of the day being part of the work is super rewarding.
excellent experience
Nephrology fellow (Current Employee) –  Washington Heights, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Columbia university medical center is a great place to train as a nephrologist. The glomerular center offers a unique aspect to training.
greast place to work
Cook Assistant (Current Employee) –  new yorkJanuary 31, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the my job is when kids and rents enjoy the meal. supervisor and staff are very friendly and supportive.
Pros
flexibility
Fast paced professional work place with friendly and dynamic people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10027January 31, 2017
Columbia University is a great place to work, it has great employee benefits, you have a 3 month probation period and you have good job security. The culture of Columbia University is corporate but casual and the management staff, for the most part, are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is being exact and paying attention to detail; the most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Steady organization that provides great benefits
Director, Finance and Administration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Job security is an important factor, the benefits are great. We have decent healthcare insurance plans and a tuition benefit program for people who want to go to graduate school. There is no talent management and systematic approach to employee development. No support to employees who want to advance their career. CU rather hires people from outside than promoting from within.
Pros
tuition benefit, talented people, good work/life balance
Cons
lack of professional development planning and talent management
friendly environment
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Pleasant to work at but stressful to work with the higher ups. Learned how to handle people's needs and multitask at a fast rate.
Columbia Research Assistatnt
Research assistant under Professor Robert Harrist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Columbia is a great calm place to work if you are working with the right professors and staff, students can be annoying around crunch time but everyone is generally respectful and sensible regardless of your position. The curricula need help adjusting to the modern world though.
Pros
Brilliant People
Cons
Sad Students
Excellent place to work
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2017
I have been Visiting Scholar at Columbia University - ISHR for two years and I liked it very much. It was one of the best academic places I have studied and worked.
Supportive workplace with excellent benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoy Columbia, but it's a large organization and I think everyone's experience is determined by their department. Not that easy to grow in the field I am in. I wish they would champion applying within the organization a bit more.
Excellent
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Excellent place to work. Have the option to work on your own and also work with others. Definitely a great place if you want to learn new things and have flexible hours.
Can't complain
MST Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Great environment, great co-workers. Everyone is pretty friendly and accommodating. Worked as a work-study, so I didn't have any benefits, but I'm fairly certain they exist. In my particular situation, I didn't.
Productive and Laid back
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Excellent place to work because I had the opportunity to work with a group of people, and be supervised by my professor. Also was allowed to work alone.
Great Research Environment
Profesor Adjunto y Senior Researcher. (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 2, 2017
Columbia University is the premier research institution in the world in neuroscience. It was a real pleasure to work here. Four nobel prize winners in medicine in the last few years awarded for work in neuroscience.
Very intellectual environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
My overall experience at Columbia was great, except one aspect, but I loved the collaborative and intellectual environment. Great perks of working at Columbia, but if you are looking to get rich this is not the place, but great people!
Pros
Very smart and humble people
Cons
Stupid person
Overal good
ELECTRICIAN HELPER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2016
Hard to get in, but you'll never get out. Nice place tonwork.. Good atmosphere. .no pressure. Not much I can say didn't work.there long..
Research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 13, 2016
I worked on my graduate research project on a daily basis. I interacted with my lab mates and other members of the department. I spent most of my time on the computer or teaching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3