Columbia Employee Reviews

first medical job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJanuary 7, 2016
A great job to start at I worked mostly with geriatric patients. I have learned may things about bedside manor and patience.
Constantly dynamic healthcare where IT innovation runs deep
Project Lead- Information Technology Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Lead for Business Development, Strategic Vision and Tactical implementation of the hospital’s Ambulatory Clinical IT Systems including hardware and software resource allocation, establishing project scope, staffing allocation, and set up of clinical data interfaces for medications to pharmacy, labs, registration and other interfacing IT systems
Love working there
Associate (Current Employee) –  Queenstown, MDSeptember 13, 2015
Great work environment
Friendly customers as well as employees
management is very informative
must be knowledgeable of product
all associates are involved
I worked with a great team of people,we would have stayed togrther if it was not for the merge.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2015
Being a PCA on Rehab was a position I held with pride. From the time of shifts doing report for information on patients to starting introductions and vitals Our floor had excellent staff and we all took our responsibilities seriously. With this most nights ran smooth. The basic types of patients I learned to care for were knee and hip surgery. Stroke patients and an occasional burn patient. Our management was changing over during the change of the merge with Sacred Heart. There was not a spot for all of us and it was to be by start date. This was the hard part, I should be on the floor however on a routine basis I was being sent to Brain Injury. I tried speaking to our new management with no success. The day of sadness yet happiness came. I asked to be transferred back to Labor and Delivery this time in Ozaukee. Our great team was not any more. I started on my new journey
Pros
Great Benefits, Location, Holiday rotation, good lunch room, able to walk on lunch
Cons
Low cenus days
Fun place to work just not really fair with hours.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
Typical day at work would be to go in and process merchandise. Very simple job and pretty cool coworkers. I learned several different ways to process merchandise in a fast and orderly manner.
Finding Challenges and always learning
APPAREL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2015
One on one interaction with consumers and teammates.
Always having a coaching conversation with positive and negative coaching.
Having fun with co-workers throughout the day and being the listener.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Worked as a teacher for 15 years
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brazoria, TXMay 4, 2015
At a point in my adult life that I want to work with adults and not children. I have another 12 years teaching before I could retire. I think there is another career I am ready for at this point in my life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
working for free on your own time
I learned alot but it was not up to par with my working standards.
Mobile Hair Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCApril 19, 2015
A day at the OB/GYN was kinda of rough the Dr. was never on time an things didn't flow as they should, when working a patient up I would get the HT, WT, BP, UA, HGb, an Uhcg. An stand in with the Dr. while he preformed the exam.
Very productive environment with a pingpong table
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Beavorton, ORMarch 26, 2015
Typical day would answer incoming customer service calls for the three brands Columbia, SOREL and Mountain Hardwear.

This includes ecommerce orders and returns, questions about the Sportswear Brands technologies and applicable for various climates.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Temp work
Good Vision
Sales, W.O. BLACKSTONE (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCMarch 5, 2015
Good vision with new President. Company has growth potential if correct business plan implemented. Good management and skilled technicians are a plus for this company.
Pros
management
Cons
poor growth planning
Productive workplace, business first, trust
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN/SHIPPING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 19, 2015
I assumed the position of warehouse manager as well as shipping director in my time at Palmetto Specialty Tire. Every morning I would gather all of the new orders that were received and spent time staging and loading each one. I was also in charge of receiving shipments as well as keeping the warehouse organized in an efficient manner. I learned a lot about the workings of a warehouse as well as the shipping/receiving industry. Management was very kind and helpful, and they trusted me to manage the warehouse alone with some input from them once in a while. The hardest part of this job was lifting those big, hot tires in the summer heat of Columbia/Lexington. But the most enjoyable part would be the feeling of satisfaction that I got when the warehouse was spotless and organized in a manner that both my manager and I felt efficient.
Pros
manager trusted my skills, ran wh how i felt it should be run
Cons
hot days, heavy tires, low pay
Great hospital with caring people.
Lab - Supply Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2015
CSM is a great hospital network that has a small family atmosphere.
lots of experience with critically ill patients
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2015
I was staffed in the ICU. I had a lot of hands-on experience with critically ill patients, learned about many different medical advances in technology, and had the opportunity to assist the nurses and doctors with bedside procedures whenever the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
i had a lot of hands-on experience
Cons
we worked short staffed quite often
Fast, Fun, and Friendly
PT Sales Floor Team member (Former Employee) –  ColumbiaSCJanuary 13, 2015
Worked with a sense of urgency and always trained very well.
Great Environment for Client Based Care
Licensed Practical Nurse, (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2014
Provided accurate client healthcare information to practitioners and necessary members of the staff at the. Recorded and documented patient’s vital signs, organized physician and nurse practitioner examination rooms, transferred patients to the appropriate destinations and performed ECG testing.
Job Shadowed Public Defender
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2014
Learned a lot during my job shadowing experience with the Public Defenders office. Helped me narrow down my career path and further my work skills.
FUN
HMS HOST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2014
FUN HARD WORK I LEARNED ALOT GOOD COWORKERS THE HARDES PART OF THE JOB IS CLEANING
Logistics Analyst
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2014
Great work and relationship kept with Marine Corps, Inspected Marine Units and gave report of analysis for data.
Pros
salary, per diem, location, company, and work schedule
Cons
communication
N/A
Senior Team Leader - Remodel Team (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 17, 2014
The job was very stressful during the short period of time but, when it was all done the reward was amazing. To see what you and your team accomplished was very satisfying.
Manufacturing company with a lot of great coworkers
warehouseman (lead) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 25, 2014
This was a union job with great vacation and holidays. Typically I would work 50-55 hours a week. When they were busy we could work as much as 70 hours a week with overtime pay.The pay was not great but overtime made it more bearable. What made me stay here for as long as I did was mostly the benefits. At the time these benefits were the best out there and were company paid. The coworkers here were good people too and I made many lifetime friends here. Individual managers were very good people to work for but upper mgmt was a different world and really none of them in the upper mgmt positions would give you the time of day let alone be personable with anyone beneath them. There really was not anything too hard with this job. You could bid on jobs anywhere in the company according to seniority and once securing a new position would be trained on how to do that particular job. So advancement was always there if you wanted it. The people were the greatest part of working here for sure. I liked my time here!
Pros
vacation/holidays/benefits
Cons
upper mgmt was cold/ pay was low

4.3