Columbia

Columbia Employee Reviews

Worked as a teacher for 15 years
Teacher (Current Employee), Brazoria, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: working for free on your own time
At a point in my adult life that I want to work with adults and not children. I have another 12 years teaching before I could retire. I think there is another career I am ready for at this point in my life.
I learned alot but it was not up to par with my working standards.
Mobile Hair Technician (Current Employee), Columbia SCApril 19, 2015
A day at the OB/GYN was kinda of rough the Dr. was never on time an things didn't flow as they should, when working a patient up I would get the HT, WT, BP, UA, HGb, an Uhcg. An stand in with the Dr. while he preformed the exam.
Very productive environment with a pingpong table
Customer Rep (Former Employee), Beavorton, ORMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Positive environment
Cons: Temp work
Typical day would answer incoming customer service calls for the three brands Columbia, SOREL and Mountain Hardwear.

This includes ecommerce orders and returns, questions about the Sportswear Brands technologies and applicable for various climates.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers
Good Vision
Sales, W.O. BLACKSTONE (Former Employee), Columbia SCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: poor growth planning
Good vision with new President. Company has growth potential if correct business plan implemented. Good management and skilled technicians are a plus for this company.
Productive workplace, business first, trust
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN/SHIPPING MANAGER (Former Employee), Lexington, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: manager trusted my skills, ran wh how i felt it should be run
Cons: hot days, heavy tires, low pay
I assumed the position of warehouse manager as well as shipping director in my time at Palmetto Specialty Tire. Every morning I would gather all of the new orders that were received and spent time staging and loading each one. I was also in charge of receiving shipments as well as keeping the warehouse organized in an efficient manner. I learned a lot about the workings of a warehouse as well as the shipping/receiving industry. Management was very kind and helpful, and they trusted me to manage the warehouse alone with some input from them once in a while. The hardest part of this job was lifting those big, hot tires in the summer heat of Columbia/Lexington. But the most enjoyable part would be the feeling of satisfaction that I got when the warehouse was spotless and organized in a manner that both my manager and I felt efficient.
Great hospital with caring people.
Lab - Supply Driver (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2015
CSM is a great hospital network that has a small family atmosphere.
lots of experience with critically ill patients
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: i had a lot of hands-on experience
Cons: we worked short staffed quite often
I was staffed in the ICU. I had a lot of hands-on experience with critically ill patients, learned about many different medical advances in technology, and had the opportunity to assist the nurses and doctors with bedside procedures whenever the opportunity presented itself.
Fast, Fun, and Friendly
PT Sales Floor Team member (Former Employee), ColumbiaSCJanuary 13, 2015
Worked with a sense of urgency and always trained very well.
Great Environment for Client Based Care
Licensed Practical Nurse, (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 24, 2014
Provided accurate client healthcare information to practitioners and necessary members of the staff at the. Recorded and documented patient’s vital signs, organized physician and nurse practitioner examination rooms, transferred patients to the appropriate destinations and performed ECG testing.
Job Shadowed Public Defender
Job Shadow (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2014
Learned a lot during my job shadowing experience with the Public Defenders office. Helped me narrow down my career path and further my work skills.
FUN
HMS HOST (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2014
FUN HARD WORK I LEARNED ALOT GOOD COWORKERS THE HARDES PART OF THE JOB IS CLEANING
Logistics Analyst
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: salary, per diem, location, company, and work schedule
Cons: communication
Great work and relationship kept with Marine Corps, Inspected Marine Units and gave report of analysis for data.
N/A
Senior Team Leader - Remodel Team (Former Employee), SCAugust 17, 2014
The job was very stressful during the short period of time but, when it was all done the reward was amazing. To see what you and your team accomplished was very satisfying.
Manufacturing company with a lot of great coworkers
warehouseman (lead) (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJune 25, 2014
Pros: vacation/holidays/benefits
Cons: upper mgmt was cold/ pay was low
This was a union job with great vacation and holidays. Typically I would work 50-55 hours a week. When they were busy we could work as much as 70 hours a week with overtime pay.The pay was not great but overtime made it more bearable. What made me stay here for as long as I did was mostly the benefits. At the time these benefits were the best out there and were company paid. The coworkers here were good people too and I made many lifetime friends here. Individual managers were very good people to work for but upper mgmt was a different world and really none of them in the upper mgmt positions would give you the time of day let alone be personable with anyone beneath them. There really was not anything too hard with this job. You could bid on jobs anywhere in the company according to seniority and once securing a new position would be trained on how to do that particular job. So advancement was always there if you wanted it. The people were the greatest part of working here for sure. I liked my time here!
Challenging and fulfilling
Medicaid/Medicare Supervisor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 6, 2014
Challenging and fulfilling, lots of growth with opportunities for advancement.
wonderful CEO great company and co-workers
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 28, 2014
Pros: ceo having specail events
prepared weekly and bi-weekly payroll also did State, SUI, and SDI taxes. I learned about all kinds of payroll and some taxes. Co-workers were great and we had get-to-gathers with everyone and the CEO always had fun things to do. I did not have anything about my job that I did not like or found hard. I enjoyed everything I did.
WAREHOUSE
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: allaways bussy
Cons: not enought hours
STOCK THE WAREHOUSE WITH NEW MERCHANDISE AND HELPING CUSTOMERS.
Busy
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Everett, WAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: always work
Cons: no lunch breaks
Pay was not good.

You have to drive your own vehicle.

Benefits were terrible.
Productive place to work
Security Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee), columbia, scMarch 5, 2014
This is a evolving company and has the potential to be a leader in the industry.
Volunteer
Campaign For Allan H. Kittleman (Current Employee), Columbia, MarylandFebruary 4, 2014
I am volunteering for the campaign for Maryland State Senator Allan H. Kittleman to become County Executive in Howard County, Maryland.

About Columbia

Founded in 1922, Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health pursues an agenda of research, education, and service to – Read more

Columbia Salaries

Customer Service Representative
$17.89 per hour

Columbia Photos

Customer service greeting in the front of Columbia sports wear