Columbia Employee Reviews

Collaborative, productive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 11, 2017
The culture was collaborative and high energy. Interesting work and myriad of opportunities for skill development. Process improvement oriented with freedom to implement new ideas.
productive workplace
dc associate (Former Employee) –  Clay, KYJanuary 26, 2017
We learn all the aspects of the business from receiving the product to shipping it out the door. I learned a lot in this company in 9 and half years but they wouldn't let me advance like I wanted to.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
fun place to work
sales floor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 29, 2016
great place to work if your in high school or still in school. just not much room from advancement unless your there for some time. plus nobody leaves.
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 19, 2016
Its a great place always moving!
I've learned that patience will get u far
management is great
they did not except me at first but im growing on them
dealing with rude customers but its my job
greeting new people from all parts of the worl
Pros
co-workers once they except me
Cons
tired most of the time but i love hosting
Great establishment
Server (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLOctober 11, 2016
Excellent place to work at. Diverse array of consumers, intricate menu wit weekly specials. Teamwork style atmosphere, upscale dinning with great food.
Columbia needs a big improvement
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2016
Great name but defficient services and benefits. Old equipment, very deteriorated instalations. Very poor housing possibilities for student, postdocs and doctors (unfair lottery system, hight rates horrible management).
It was a fun environment, got a long with children.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  ColumbiaJanuary 15, 2016
I loved it, we got to have fun with the children, play games, arts & crafts, go outside, have snack, we would have parties once in awhile. Sometimes on a Friday we would play music and let them dance (kinda like a dance party).
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not full time
first medical job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLJanuary 7, 2016
A great job to start at I worked mostly with geriatric patients. I have learned may things about bedside manor and patience.
Constantly dynamic healthcare where IT innovation runs deep
Project Lead- Information Technology Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Lead for Business Development, Strategic Vision and Tactical implementation of the hospital’s Ambulatory Clinical IT Systems including hardware and software resource allocation, establishing project scope, staffing allocation, and set up of clinical data interfaces for medications to pharmacy, labs, registration and other interfacing IT systems
Love working there
Associate (Current Employee) –  Queenstown, MDSeptember 13, 2015
Great work environment
Friendly customers as well as employees
management is very informative
must be knowledgeable of product
all associates are involved
I worked with a great team of people,we would have stayed togrther if it was not for the merge.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2015
Being a PCA on Rehab was a position I held with pride. From the time of shifts doing report for information on patients to starting introductions and vitals Our floor had excellent staff and we all took our responsibilities seriously. With this most nights ran smooth. The basic types of patients I learned to care for were knee and hip surgery. Stroke patients and an occasional burn patient. Our management was changing over during the change of the merge with Sacred Heart. There was not a spot for all of us and it was to be by start date. This was the hard part, I should be on the floor however on a routine basis I was being sent to Brain Injury. I tried speaking to our new management with no success. The day of sadness yet happiness came. I asked to be transferred back to Labor and Delivery this time in Ozaukee. Our great team was not any more. I started on my new journey
Pros
Great Benefits, Location, Holiday rotation, good lunch room, able to walk on lunch
Cons
Low cenus days
Fun place to work just not really fair with hours.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
Typical day at work would be to go in and process merchandise. Very simple job and pretty cool coworkers. I learned several different ways to process merchandise in a fast and orderly manner.
Finding Challenges and always learning
APPAREL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2015
One on one interaction with consumers and teammates.
Always having a coaching conversation with positive and negative coaching.
Having fun with co-workers throughout the day and being the listener.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Worked as a teacher for 15 years
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brazoria, TXMay 4, 2015
At a point in my adult life that I want to work with adults and not children. I have another 12 years teaching before I could retire. I think there is another career I am ready for at this point in my life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
working for free on your own time
I learned alot but it was not up to par with my working standards.
Mobile Hair Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCApril 19, 2015
A day at the OB/GYN was kinda of rough the Dr. was never on time an things didn't flow as they should, when working a patient up I would get the HT, WT, BP, UA, HGb, an Uhcg. An stand in with the Dr. while he preformed the exam.
Very productive environment with a pingpong table
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Beavorton, ORMarch 26, 2015
Typical day would answer incoming customer service calls for the three brands Columbia, SOREL and Mountain Hardwear.

This includes ecommerce orders and returns, questions about the Sportswear Brands technologies and applicable for various climates.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Temp work
Good Vision
Sales, W.O. BLACKSTONE (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCMarch 5, 2015
Good vision with new President. Company has growth potential if correct business plan implemented. Good management and skilled technicians are a plus for this company.
Pros
Cons
poor growth planning
Productive workplace, business first, trust
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN/SHIPPING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 19, 2015
I assumed the position of warehouse manager as well as shipping director in my time at Palmetto Specialty Tire. Every morning I would gather all of the new orders that were received and spent time staging and loading each one. I was also in charge of receiving shipments as well as keeping the warehouse organized in an efficient manner. I learned a lot about the workings of a warehouse as well as the shipping/receiving industry. Management was very kind and helpful, and they trusted me to manage the warehouse alone with some input from them once in a while. The hardest part of this job was lifting those big, hot tires in the summer heat of Columbia/Lexington. But the most enjoyable part would be the feeling of satisfaction that I got when the warehouse was spotless and organized in a manner that both my manager and I felt efficient.
Pros
Manager trusted my skills, ran WH how I felt it should be run
Cons
hot days, heavy tires, low pay
Great hospital with caring people.
Lab - Supply Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2015
CSM is a great hospital network that has a small family atmosphere.
lots of experience with critically ill patients
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2015
I was staffed in the ICU. I had a lot of hands-on experience with critically ill patients, learned about many different medical advances in technology, and had the opportunity to assist the nurses and doctors with bedside procedures whenever the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
I had a lot of hands-on experience
Cons
We worked short staffed quite often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3