Columbine Health Systems Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Dietary Cook / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525June 23, 2017
great benefits, good hours, friendly staff.
prep and serve meals to residents that are assisted or independent.
responsible for keeping work areas clean, organized, sanitized, ect.
knowledge of health code requirements for food and beverage storage and maintain documentation
attend and participate in continuing educational programs
Very nice place to work. Absolutely amazing staff. Very rewarding job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 14, 2017
I love working for columbine it is an amazing company. Very good benefits and pay. The staff there is amazing.i would recommend anyone to work there they have me an amazing opportunity to establish myself.
Pros
Wonderful staff and co workers
Cons
Short breaks
Rn staff
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Northern co, loveland, fort collinsMay 31, 2017
Over years nothing changes here work you without support to death. Hey if you want hours this is the place. But the pay is low. We are constantly Asked to stay late because they can't keep staff. Dont ever see management. Maybe they should work the floor here to get a taste of their medicine. Refuse to take ownership of problems. People get hired quit because afraid of losing licenses. Great aides that they wo rk to death they leave. Residents are wonderful. I wish they would value the clinical staff. Maybe I've been here too long. The revolving door never stops
Pros
Residents and aids
Cons
Management by intimidation and harrassment. Retribution and favorites
Official response from Columbine Health Systems
June 19, 2017

Columbine Health Systems offers competitive wages to our employees. Staff has the opportunity to receive shift differentials, flexible scheduling, and bonuses for supporting extra shifts. Columbine Health Systems values listening and learning from our employees on process improvements and strive to continually grow as an organization.

Official response from Columbine Health Systems
June 19, 2017

Be prepared to work a lot without a lot of thanks
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 28, 2017
It's a tough job that has some great satisfaction, but be prepared to be begged to work doubles and your weekends off. No one will thank you or ask how you are holding up with all the extra work. The management ignores staff when things are bad and does not try to change culture or negative environment.
Pros
Elderly patient hugs
Cons
No lunch breaks, and they take the time off your paycheck
accounting
Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80526April 23, 2017
Great company. No complaints. The staff is very nice and the management is great . I love my job and am very happy with all the people that I work directly with.
hard working enviroment
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COFebruary 23, 2017
the staff is so amazing and takes ccare of everyone who walks through their door they will stick there neck out for you no matter if your a resident,employer or just family every one is treated with respect love and care
Medical Care
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 4, 2017
The staff at the Columbine Health Systems are great! They are great to work with and work for. They truly value the employees that work for them!
Productive and fast paced place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 11, 2016
I enjoyed making residents happy on a daily basis at this job. I loved assisting my residents with daily activities as well.
Bad.
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 9, 2016
It was good but then I had to have sergety and got hired back and gave a three week notice to start CNA class and I wasn't rehirable for no reason it was upsetting .. I hate that companies managers.. all places through them, don't trust them.
Columbine is such a fun and productive place to work. The managers and co workers are wonderful.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 19, 2016
Working for columbine health has helped me gain many skills such as, respect for your elders, and has taught me how to work hard and have fun at the same time. I have grown so close with the residents and my co workers at this facility and would highly recommend for others to apply at columbine.
Pros
Wonderful staff, manners, graciousness.
Cons
Salary.
Long Time Employee-
Kitchen Aide, Nurses Aide, Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 24, 2016
I have worked for Columbine since 2003 with the majority of my career being at Centre Ave Health and Rehab. I started out years ago as a kitchen aide and thoroughly enjoyed the fast pace and interaction with the residents and fellow employees. As a single mother I knew I needed a bit more income, so I began the training as a Nurses Aide through Columbine and continued to work at Centre once I received my license. I was thrilled that I had the opportunity to advance and create a bit more security for myself as well as my children. I love what I do. I love helping my residents and my fellow employees. I have been treated with respect and given the opportunity to shine in my given career. I became a team lead and trained the new aides that came through our building as well as the students in training to become CNAs. Columbine has set the bar high in the quality of care they give their patients and the opportunities they provide for their employees. You can advance if you work hard and show a passion for what you do. I have since moved into a management position in a different department and have thoroughly enjoyed the change. My coworkers have been very supportive and encouraging as have my supervisors since what I am doing now is totally different. I was given the training I needed to succeed and the time to adjust to the job change. I have now been working in my position now for almost 2 years and have seen more of the business side of things and have a greater respect for those in the management role. There is so much more to running a company than you see on the surface. So  more... my overall review? I love this company. I love the people I work for and those I work with. You can advance and are encouraged to do so. 13 years of my life has been dedicated to customer service and helping those in our community. Columbine Health Systems is a wonderful company and I have been blessed more than I can say. I hope to continue with them for many more years to come. Cheers!  less
Pros
Chance for advancement, career training, supportive coworkers, job security
Cons
High turnover rate, upper management changes within the building
Horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 12, 2016
This is a company that supported a Chef who threatened me, and other employees to NOT clock in to establish better numbers monthly, he made it clear overtime wasn't an option. We were subjected to write ups if we didn't comply. HR was notified but still employed the "chef" for quite sometime. I left on a mutual but able to be "rehired" status. Lies. I drove over a hundred miles to interviews with this company and was always turned down. Instead of saying " We don't want you, you're trouble" they lie, lie, lie. The kitchen I worked in had terrible cooks, filthy. I informed management of that as well..nothing done. So bad a cook cut themselves and left all the bloody mess all over the prep sink. Management did nothing. They support illegal practices by supporting working off the clock to not have to pay for overtime. They will lie to your face and not blink. The focal of this establishment should be care for the residents. They lose that care when they hire and treat employees poorly.
Pros
Cons
illegal suggestions and poor management from the top down.
Hard work but satifying
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 17, 2015
Columbine was helpful for CNA work. It gives good experience for all different kinds of people to help. CNA Certification required.
Great training
CNA Training and Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 17, 2015
Very comprehensive and innovative CNA training. I was able to take the very updated skills I learned here and apply them to future employers, as well as assist in updating their policies.
great company overall
Executive Chef/Dining Services Director (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COMarch 10, 2015
I enjoy the company emensly. While building a new property, the education as to what can go wrong is a great asset to have.
terrible place to work, horrid management, no team effort
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 17, 2015
Do not ever work here. It's a place full of lies and false hope. All they do is make you work horrible hours while the boss gets to choose his own schedule from 7:30- 4:15p.m. never learlier or later but you work from 5 a.m.-7p.m. from all the add ons they give with the lack of camaraderie and team effort and employee shortage because they try saving as much money as they can. They hope to hold onto you with terrible pay and even worse mdical, dental and vision.

Don't even get me started on the uniforms that you are issued... THEY ARE ALREADY USED!! Sweat stains and all. THe vans are disgusting as well because no one cares! Horrible, gross, don't go there.
Pros
Leaving there
Cons
Everything else
A good starter job.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Loveland ColoradoDecember 3, 2014
I worked at columbine of 3 years. And had no chance to advance. Because you have to be a good friend of management or of restorative and activities, if you are not they're good friend then you are not recognized for your work. The residents loved me and where very well taken care of. i felt very talk down too and not as important to management because I was a CNA. Nurse would say a monkey could do that job. And we where easily replaced. And the job is very tough for day CNA. Be ready to work non stop and have management and therapy on your tail. Evenings and night shift is more calm.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Rude people
great for some, terrible for CNAs
CNA (Former Employee) –  fort collins, coOctober 14, 2014
8 hour shifts, differential pay for evening and night( the easier) shifts. cared for 12 patients at a time. frequently understaffed due to call-outs.
the management is NOT understanding or friendly. I was yelled at by an aggravated nurse for calling out for a shift because I had a 103 fever, she wanted me to come in and take care of patients anyway. Management gets upset when you will not pick up extra shifts outside of your scheduled shifts and will let you know that they are upset.
every position other than the CNA position seems pretty content with their jobs…social workers, activity assistants, therapists, etc. there are much better places to find for CNA work.
Pros
other CNAs are very nice.
Cons
being sick is not acceptable
Very innovative company!
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 23, 2014
Loved it! Very innovative company, meeting the needs of the elderly in Northern Colorado.
Great Culture poor oppurtunity for advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 7, 2014
One particular facility has a wonderful culture. The employees are very close knit, we even get together outside of work fairly often. I have loved my time with this company, however it seems to be poorly managed at the upper levels. Management within the facility is very good and very supportive. The benefits are great, and the job is fairly easy - which is the downfall for me. It is not challenging enough and there are great swaths of time where the Admin Assist is twiddling his/her thumbs. There is not much opportunity for advancement unless you are in the nursing aspect of the field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbine Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8