Columbine Health Systems

Columbine Health Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Long Time Employee-
Kitchen Aide, Nurses Aide, Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 24, 2016
I have worked for Columbine since 2003 with the majority of my career being at Centre Ave Health and Rehab. I started out years ago as a kitchen aide and thoroughly enjoyed the fast pace and interaction with the residents and fellow employees. As a single mother I knew I needed a bit more income, so I began the training as a Nurses Aide through Columbine and continued to work at Centre once I received my license. I was thrilled that I had the opportunity to advance and create a bit more security for myself as well as my children. I love what I do. I love helping my residents and my fellow employees. I have been treated with respect and given the opportunity to shine in my given career. I became a team lead and trained the new aides that came through our building as well as the students in training to become CNAs. Columbine has set the bar high in the quality of care they give their patients and the opportunities they provide for their employees. You can advance if you work hard and show a passion for what you do. I have since moved into a management position in a different department and have thoroughly enjoyed the change. My coworkers have been very supportive and encouraging as have my supervisors since what I am doing now is totally different. I was given the training I needed to succeed and the time to adjust to the job change. I have now been working in my position now for almost 2 years and have seen more of the business side of things and have a greater respect for those in the management role. There is so much more to running a company than you see on the surface. So  more... my overall review? I love this company. I love the people I work for and those I work with. You can advance and are encouraged to do so. 13 years of my life has been dedicated to customer service and helping those in our community. Columbine Health Systems is a wonderful company and I have been blessed more than I can say. I hope to continue with them for many more years to come. Cheers!  less
Pros
Chance for advancement, career training, supportive coworkers, job security
Cons
High turnover rate, upper management changes within the building
Horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 12, 2016
This is a company that supported a Chef who threatened me, and other employees to NOT clock in to establish better numbers monthly, he made it clear overtime wasn't an option. We were subjected to write ups if we didn't comply. HR was notified but still employed the "chef" for quite sometime. I left on a mutual but able to be "rehired" status. Lies. I drove over a hundred miles to interviews with this company and was always turned down. Instead of saying " We don't want you, you're trouble" they lie, lie, lie. The kitchen I worked in had terrible cooks, filthy. I informed management of that as well..nothing done. So bad a cook cut themselves and left all the bloody mess all over the prep sink. Management did nothing. They support illegal practices by supporting working off the clock to not have to pay for overtime. They will lie to your face and not blink. The focal of this establishment should be care for the residents. They lose that care when they hire and treat employees poorly.
Pros
Cons
illegal suggestions and poor management from the top down.
Great training
CNA Training and Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 17, 2015
Very comprehensive and innovative CNA training. I was able to take the very updated skills I learned here and apply them to future employers, as well as assist in updating their policies.
great company overall
Executive Chef/Dining Services Director (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COMarch 10, 2015
I enjoy the company emensly. While building a new property, the education as to what can go wrong is a great asset to have.
terrible place to work, horrid management, no team effort
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 17, 2015
Do not ever work here. It's a place full of lies and false hope. All they do is make you work horrible hours while the boss gets to choose his own schedule from 7:30- 4:15p.m. never learlier or later but you work from 5 a.m.-7p.m. from all the add ons they give with the lack of camaraderie and team effort and employee shortage because they try saving as much money as they can. They hope to hold onto you with terrible pay and even worse mdical, dental and vision.

Don't even get me started on the uniforms that you are issued... THEY ARE ALREADY USED!! Sweat stains and all. THe vans are disgusting as well because no one cares! Horrible, gross, don't go there.
Pros
leaving there
Cons
everything else
A good starter job.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Loveland ColoradoDecember 3, 2014
I worked at columbine of 3 years. And had no chance to advance. Because you have to be a good friend of management or of restorative and activities, if you are not they're good friend then you are not recognized for your work. The residents loved me and where very well taken care of. i felt very talk down too and not as important to management because I was a CNA. Nurse would say a monkey could do that job. And we where easily replaced. And the job is very tough for day CNA. Be ready to work non stop and have management and therapy on your tail. Evenings and night shift is more calm.
Pros
job security
Cons
rude people
great for some, terrible for CNAs
CNA (Former Employee) –  fort collins, coOctober 14, 2014
8 hour shifts, differential pay for evening and night( the easier) shifts. cared for 12 patients at a time. frequently understaffed due to call-outs.
the management is NOT understanding or friendly. I was yelled at by an aggravated nurse for calling out for a shift because I had a 103 fever, she wanted me to come in and take care of patients anyway. Management gets upset when you will not pick up extra shifts outside of your scheduled shifts and will let you know that they are upset.
every position other than the CNA position seems pretty content with their jobs…social workers, activity assistants, therapists, etc. there are much better places to find for CNA work.
Pros
other cnas are very nice.
Cons
being sick is not acceptable
Very innovative company!
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 23, 2014
Loved it! Very innovative company, meeting the needs of the elderly in Northern Colorado.
Great Culture poor oppurtunity for advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 7, 2014
One particular facility has a wonderful culture. The employees are very close knit, we even get together outside of work fairly often. I have loved my time with this company, however it seems to be poorly managed at the upper levels. Management within the facility is very good and very supportive. The benefits are great, and the job is fairly easy - which is the downfall for me. It is not challenging enough and there are great swaths of time where the Admin Assist is twiddling his/her thumbs. There is not much opportunity for advancement unless you are in the nursing aspect of the field.
Great Place to Work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 4, 2014
Columbine Health Systems is not a corporation, it is independently owned so you do not have all the red tape that comes with Corporations. People are friendly and it provides me with great satisfaction to be with others that Care. They have a pay raise structure that is based on performance and not seniority which is fair and the way it should be.

I love working here!
Pros
great people and culture
Cons
pay could be better but many great benefits make up for it.
Rehabilitation Center
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 27, 2014
Worked at CNA. Cared for 10 patients at a time. Shifts were 8 hours long.
Very stressful work environment and very unprofessional!
previous employee (Former Employee) –  coloradoJanuary 2, 2014
Management and upper level (corporate) management were very rude and unprofessional. They consistently made promises they could not keep. Profanity and degrading employees were common in the work place. During general orientation for staff they continually bad mouth their competitors and other businesses.
Pros
there are none!!!
Cons
management
Columbine Health Systems
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 13, 2013
Majority of staff supportive and great to work with.

Upper Management not good at listening to complaints of staff and following through to correct issues.

Encouraged expanding of computer skills, bookeeping and record skills.

Hardest part of job was dealing with death and loss way too often.

Most enjoyable part of job was meeting the residents and their families and being able to help.
Pros
fullfilling resident's and family needs
Cons
low compensation and poor management
good values hard work
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 9, 2013
i enjoyed working there i worked hard stayed busy and generally got along with co-workers
good for expieriance in customer serivce
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 24, 2013
it was nice, management was hard. ridiculously hard.... but the customers were great!
Pros
nice people
Cons
you had to walk faster than you ever could in your life
Productive and a fun place to intern.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 30, 2013
Absolutely loved the staff at Columbine Health Systems. They were willing to do anything to achieve your goals set as an intern! Best part of the job was spending time with the residents and getting to know all about them.
Unorganized but well intended work place.
Housekeeping/Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at work would include verifying new information with colleages about various residents' health; carrying out tasks such as checking on all residents to make sure everyone is alright; helping residents with personal tasks such as dressing, toileting and grooming.
I have learned to believe in myself more, as far as my ability to help others goes. I have learned to be more patient and compassionate as well.
Though the management could have been more structured and less biased, in the overall the intentions were good.
As for coworkers, some were pleasant and helpful, others were oblivious and lazy.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the cycle of life so closely and being near death and declination.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of and getting to know many wonderful people whom had lived full lives.
Pros
helping people, making a difference in someone's life.
Cons
poor communication among management and employees.
Stressful and poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 29, 2012
Short staffed and stressed work environment. No regard to employee performance. Evaluation was not performed yet I was asked to sign a form stating it was. Had to call and inquire why I had not received my employee evaluation and raise. I was informed the evaluation ad been completed and it had not been. Bad management
Pros
support from co-workers
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbine Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9