Columbus Center for Human Services Employee Reviews

Awful company
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2017
I worked for this company for several years. They do not listen to employees at all. They will kick out anyone a client complains about without listening to their employees side. It is a bad mark when you get kicked out. The company literally hires anyone and they have very very bad retention numbers. So that means if someone doesnt show up to relieve you because they just don't feel like it, you are stuck. I honestly hated working for them. They scheduling sucks, and most employees don't clean at all. So that means you will have to. DON'T WORK HERE
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management and scheduling
Very interesting work, that requires much muliti tasking and problem solving skills.
Habiltation Coordinator/Community Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2017
There is much to learn, and the job duties change on a regular basis. No two days are ever the same, and getting pulled to another area is an ongoing issue.

The individuals we work with make the job interesting and fun.

You have to be well organized and have documentation to cover all areas of the job, to keep you safe.
Pros
Continued on the job training, fun interesting clients to work with
Cons
Regular intruptions of breaks or lunches if you get them. Constant changing of job duties.
Dsp
DSP (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2016
Typical day includes personal care, cleaning, transportation and passing meds.

Management and scheduling is all over the place and inconsistent. There is double booking at the houses and some of the individuals even complain about having staff at their home not trained.

There are employees complaining about their paycheck not being correct.

Most of the staff in my opinion are scared to even say anything because of possible retaliation. There are a lot of disgruntle employees who are unhappy but the reviews on here are good?

The enjoyable part of the job is seeing a difference in individuals quality of life.

The best thing to do in this job is to mind your business, not gossip and just help the individual.
Pros
helping individual
Cons
gossip, management, scheduling
teaching others
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2015
a typical day at work was preparing meals cleaning and helping induviduals with everyday living tasks like teaching them how to prepare a meal and self hygiene
Pros
lots of overtimw
Cons
not enough staff
Frankly they no longer compensate enough to justify the job expectations
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2015
The job is by no means the most difficult in the world. However it does require a level of patience, and ability to deal with weird/awkward/dirty situations and people that is not required of many jobs of equivalent pay.
Cons
Pay rate
Decent place to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work was to provide meals, activities of daily living (hygiene, laundry, life skills, etc. ) and teach skills based on individualized learning plan.
Staff training every month
Direct care professional/ Team lead (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OhioMarch 4, 2015
Cleaning, cooking, passing meds
Experience working with seniors.
Great medical benefit and training. Lifting and transferring people. Made good friends.
Pros
Great medical benefits.
Cons
Low pay
CCHS Review
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2014
My typical work day includes engaging with the individuals we serve and their families as well as other stakeholders. I learned so much working in the field with the developmentally disabled population. Everything from advocating for others to learning intimate details of the field. Our management team is very well structured. They allow us to grow and work on our own. My coworkers and myself are a true team. We have each others backs and help each other out when needed. The hardest part about working in the field can sometimes be not being able to complete tasks without another department and waiting on them. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I am making a difference in others' lives.
Learning Experience
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2014
On a typical work day I answer the phones at the reception desk, file paper work, input applications into our computer system, and do employment reference checks. The hardest part of my job is time-management because my duties rely on other departments giving me their paper work in a timely manor. I enjoy my coworkers and the opportunities this position has created for me.
good place
nmt driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2014
CCHS is a good place to work with great intentions, its just kind of a dead end job with not so great pay.
Pros
Working wth individuals with disabilities
Cons
not so great pay
OKay place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Just need to be able to professionaly take care of people with disabilities
fun place to work but challenging population
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2013
enjoyed working with adult MRDD population but challenging environment
Pros
hours conveint
Cons
distance from home
Very exciting work experience
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2012
I learned how to use a two person hoyer lift, Cpr, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the individuals.
Pros
my co-workers, my residents, the environment, etc
Cons
n/a
You get consolation from the fact hat you are helping the incapacitated..
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2012
Monetary compensation is nothing to write home about. Co-workers are from divers cultures and you learn a lot from them
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not a lot of money paid. no room for advancement
Productive , Relationship making work enviorment
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 30, 2012
Provide training to individuals with developmental disabilities
Bathe, groom, and dress individuals
Supervise individuals during Activities of Daily Living
Program Training for individuals
Prepare meals
Charting
Transfers
Catheters
Feeding Tubes
Creating extremely close relationships with the individuals in your work space making it feel as much like home as possible.
Pros
it feels like your at home, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning (ect). with eight guests all the time!
Cons
not your usual 8am-5pm job. hours are unusual.