Columbus City Schools

Columbus City Schools Employee Reviews

Good job for those who love to work with children.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great feild to be in if y.ou love driving, and children.
Cons: The adverse weather you have to drive in sometimes
The typical day at work means pre-tripping my bus before the beginning of each shift t make sure the each trip I take is a safe one. I have leaned that as a bus driver we are the first adults these kids – more... may see in the mornings so having a positive attitude is a must. The hardest part is to stay focused on driving while kids are misbehaving while your driving, and the most rewarding thing is when they thank you for getting them to and from school safely. – less
enjoy working with children
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: split shift
Responsible for transporting children from school to home or from home to school. Picks up children along scheduled route and ensures they remain in their seats until they reach their
destination. Transport children to and from school. Pick up children along scheduled routes at the same time every day. Before stopping, operate stop sign and flashing lights on bus to alert traffic.
Great Organization
Middle School Educator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities to work with children adn families
Cons: Large organization
An exciting, urban district that works hard to support our children. We have gone through several changes recently that strengthened the district and provided additional support for what we do.
Columbus City Schools
Special Needs Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Salem Elementary SchoolMay 23, 2015
Columbus City Schools is a great place to work. I get to work with very special kids throughout my work day. My manager is passionate about her students and staff and very encouraging. My co-workers are – more... fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is saying good-bye to my students at the end of the school year. I will miss them. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my students smile at a job well done! – less
Great Employer
Strings Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 16, 2015
I love working here. My classes are great, my students work hard. Administration is supportive. The benefits are good and the job is unionized. The union watches out for you.
Productive and rewarding experience
K - 8th Grade Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 13, 2015
Being an educator with Columbus City Schools was a challenging and rewarding experience. The most rewarding aspect was the diverse population in which we served. I felt that I learned just as much from them as they did from me.
Unorganized
Intervention Aide (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and summers off
Cons: Manangment
Management lacks people skills and leadership quality. Promotions are given based on personal preference not skills or qualifications. They are unorganized about policies and procedures. Depending on who you ask you may get different answers.
great
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), columbaApril 29, 2015
great armosphere. I admired meeting new people everyday. I loved working with the chidren and teaching them new things
substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), columbus,OhioApril 6, 2015
working as a subsitute teacher is good you are moving from one school to the other in the district and you will be able to see the progress of each school
Subbing can be fun
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2015
Some jobs you are able to be with the kids for multiple days, or you can become the sub the teacher calls on when they aren't able to work which makes it easier to form relationships/respect with the kids.
I used to love going to work, however many things have cause my attitude to change.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the children
Cons: part-time, decrease of overtime hours
I used to love to come to work, now I go because of the children, I love the children even on the stressful days. Many things are affecting the hours worked.
review
High School Football Coach (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2015
This job helped me cultivate my passion for sports specifically football. before this job I didn't know what i wanted to do as a career but it helped me realize that i wanting a career in the sports world.
Provide structure and support to clients in a behavioral classroom setting.
Intervention Aide (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 22, 2015
I work in a fifth grade classroom at an elementary school. My day consists of tutoring, mentoring, deescalating behaviors, and any other support that is needed by the teacher in the classroom. Daily documentation and reporting duties are completed each day. I enjoy my work and I am experienced at it, there is not a toughest part of the job. I enjoy the physical activities.
Uncompassionate environment
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2015
My experience with Columbus City Schools was quite challenging.
The administrative personnel made it very difficult for me to be in a positive climate. I was transferred numerous times because of coming – more... from another district and loss of seniority. As an urban system, there was a high percentage of difficult family and cultural issues.

There was a lack of "inclusion" among the staff and especially the principals. I have worked with many excellent teachers in Columbus City Schools, but we were not treated as professionals. There was no teacher dress code and I believe that it contributed to a negative environment in the building.

Any projects or plans (other than testing) were quickly criticized and denied. I was not encouraged or praised for my efforts...instead, discouraged.

I realize that the "population" of the system is quite diverse, yet I feel that does not excuse it from having empathy toward fellow colleagues.

I loved the children and kept my focus on them and treated each child as a successful student. I believe that I reached many, many students and gave them encouragement to do their best every day in difficult situations. – less
ITS OK
BUS DRIVER (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 23, 2014
IT IS NICE WORKING WITH THE CHILDREN, REALLY ENJOY IT.I LIKE WORKING AND BEING INDEPENDENT
Great place to work,great benifits
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: lots of off days
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is full of excitement and fun. I love my co workers and they all are really supportive.
Substitute at Columbus City Schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: interacting with today's youth
Cons: work enviroment can be stressful at times.
Develop and implement daily lesson plans for grades k-12. As well as foster a classroom environment conducive to learning and promote excellent interaction with students. Also administer tests and evaluations and annualize student performance.
Columbus
Pharmacology Instructor, LPN Program (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Enjoyed working with students from diverse backgrounds.
There was a lot of disorganization and miscommunication, however the students made it worth the challenges.
School Systems treat the children with respect and safety
Interpreter (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2014
Pros: my interpereting team was flexible and willing to work anywhere
Cons: some teachers and management made the environment uncomfortable to work in
I interpreted with deaf kids in the classroom. I interpreted with a great team of interpreters. I interpreting for teachers and parents alike. I setup conferences.
flexible hours, great benefits
School bus driver (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 23, 2014
a good diverse place to work with kids fast paced,punctual,precise able to navigate around the geographical area

1 2 3