Columbus Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Columbus Community Hospital has created good opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 31, 2017
A typical day consists of four in home visits with opportunities to get to know the patient as well as their families on a personal level. The Hospice Care is both rewarding and difficult. Seeing a patient decline is hard, but knowing I play a role in keeping them comfortable in their last days and supporting their families during the difficult time is fulfilling. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new everyday and helping Home Health patients return to health.
Pros
Good compensation, job security, rewarding career
Cons
Poor health insurance considering it is a health care provider
great environment to work
Childbirth Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, WIAugust 24, 2017
I liked working here because it is a very friendly environment. It is a small hospital, which means you get to know everyone there very well, and everyone works as a team.
Good Clinical experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, WIJune 13, 2017
I spent 16 hours "shadowing" HIM employees and was able to practice my knowledge with Coding and Billing.

I felt comfortable asking questions and practicing with the Encoder.
Pros
The staff that I worked with.
Great work enivornment
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXApril 12, 2017
great place to work the employees work good together and have awesome team work skills. the supervisor was them best and very respectful to her employees.
Cch home & hospice & acu/icu
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJanuary 6, 2017
Working in Columbus Community Hospital has been so helpful to gain more knowledge and have different environments. I've worked in ACU/ICU floor and its a really fast-paced job where you learn many skills good job for someone pursuing a career in the health care field. I also have experience working in homes helping patients with ADL's and also giving comfort cares to hospice patients.
Pros
Great benefits, lunch, & more
Extremely poor management and uneducated arrogant staff.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEDecember 3, 2016
This was the worst Hospital I've ever worked at in 25 years of being a respiratory therapist....The staff were uneducated and arrogant.
great place to work
swing bed prn RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEDecember 3, 2015
excellent work/life balance,positive environment, great people to work with, great administrative support. Benefits are great, patients are appreciative of the care they receive.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
Executive Foundation Director (Current Employee) –  Colubmus, WIJune 12, 2015
• Research and Write Federal, State and Local Grants for operational and clinical departments and programs
• Responsible for coordinating and implementing multiple events
• Ambassador between the community and the hospital
• Build relationships with those we serve
• Maintain Donor Perfect software database system• Organize, recognize, and administer charitable gifts and bequests
• Create, implement, coordinate and analyze charitable programs
• Implement, coordinate and create operating procedures
• Design POP
Nice new building to work in. Great management.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEDecember 8, 2014
I loved working at the hospital as I had the best co-workers!!! The staff were very caring, and compassionate people. It made coming to work fun!!
Great place to work; the staff are knowledgable and friendly.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, WISeptember 29, 2014
Columbus Community Hospital is an amazing place to work and has a family atmosphere.The staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and always work as a team, with the ultimate goal of serving our patients compassionate patient centered care.
Pros
In house Gym
Cons
Expensive lunch options
Medical Laboratory Technician (GF) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2014
Typical day at work required working as a generalist.
Management shifted
Hospital closed
Pros
Cons
Hospital closed within 1 weeks notice
Friendly positive place to work
COTA/L, PRN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 31, 2014
Days change from day to day dependent on patient load. Always something and new.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Great hospital to work for!
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXJuly 28, 2014
I hated to leave my job at Columbus Community Hospital, but had to move out of state. Great hospital and great co-workers!
Great Place To Work
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 13, 2014
This is a wonderful facility that is extremely conducive to improving clinical and professional skills.
Columbus Community Hospital ER
Emergency Room LVN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, TXMay 19, 2014
Level IIII Trauma Center ER

Small 7 room ER that stays relatively busy with only 1 ER doctor, 2 RN's and 1 LVN on duty
Fairly consistent work load
Full time professional staff w/bachelor's degree (Current Employee) –  Columbus, WIApril 20, 2014
Very good job security, for a small hospital. Fairly consistent work load, but some feast/famine work schedules. Little room for advancement, however. Organization shows good support for continuing education, but relies upon the employee to be determined and follow through on requests. Management often drops the ball on the end process. Typical mundane employee surveys with many ambiguous questions. Final report often does not reflect the moral oropinions of the employees, so is biased to look Rosy when it is not. CEO professes Open Door Policy, but the door, on 2nd floor, has the steep first step down. Way too many management positions, with hopeless confusion of the people advanced beyond their skill/pay levels (Peter Principle). Working employees make an efficienct team and keep the place running, dispite upper management interference and ineptitude. Generally, it is a typical work place, fair pay, fair benefits.
Pros
Fair pay, fair amount of hours available
Cons
Too many Chiefs, who have achieved their maximum level of incompetence and are ineffectual in their leadership.
Very professional and friendly.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXSeptember 14, 2013
Columbus Community Hospital was a great place to work with special care to all patients. It was a friendly and professional place to environment. I learned a lot from working there.
Great job, great people, very rewarding
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2013
I worked as a State Tested Nursing Assistant and enjoyed and learned so much from this job. I worked the E.R, Step down Unit, ICU, Skilled, Rehab units of the hospital. I assisted patients in their needs, took vitals, helped them with whatever help they needed.
As well I worked as a unit clerk where I kept patients files updated and worked with both doctors and nurses on the patients charts.
Also, I worked in regestration and worked with patients coming into the hospital to stay, outpatient and just normal blood work, x-rays, tests that needed done on a regular basis.
Pros
All areas of the job
Cons
Closing their doors
Good place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2013
I really enjoyed working there for the most part. A typical day at work was always busy and challenging, which, I love a challenge. I learned so much and enjoyed and looked for new challenges. My co-workers were good nurses, for the most part, we were there to help others and worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was the drama a few nurses brought to work with them, I believe you need to leave your personal problems and drama at the door when you enter the hospital. The physicians were very good at teaching us newer jobs and encouraged hands on while Iearning. under their supervision. I was able to work every unit in this hospital and enjoyed every minute. I even learned how to be house supervisor. This hospital was small in comparison to most of the hospitals in Col., Ohio, therefore, they closed the hospital and larger corporations bought the hospital and changed it to a 4 story medical offices.
Pros
We were like a family.
Cons
None.
Currently not working
Volunteer/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, WIMay 16, 2013
Greeting visitors to the hospital, giving directions, escorting patients to appointments, Circulating papers and other items to patients. Sorting, folding and other clerical duties