Columbus Consolidated Government Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace. Relaxed, but still very structured.
Community reinvestment intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 29, 2017
Very productive workplace. Relaxed, but still very structured. The best part of the job is not being micromanaged, but still receiving help when needed.
Pros
Intimate
Cons
Not enough work hours
Na
Hardworking, energetic manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 31, 2017
Hard work but fun and there always something to do. AND ALL HOLIDAY OFF. Work 4 days week weekend off. And had employees week which you did nothing that week but eat. Not a bad place to work just very hard to move up.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 12, 2017
Positive work environment, with numerous net working opprtunities.
The positions allow you to work with a large diverse group of people. Working more than 40 hour weeks is always planned in advance.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Job advancement
Productive and Fun
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 24, 2017
I worked for this company for over 5 years and I really enjoyed working there. I came across so many people during my time there and built great relationships. Overall a very nice company to work for.
previous workplace environment
Administrative Appraisal Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 23, 2017
This is a typical local government office. Providing a vital service to the local taxpayers. The dvantage with working with people in your community.
Structured but casual with friendly workers
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 12, 2017
A typical day included filing paperwork, mailing letters, database entry, answering phone calls and questions, processing absentee ballot applications, etc. There was a break room with a full kitchen for lunch time and we were allotted an hour for lunch every day. The hours were Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM, though occasionally we would have to stay later during election years. Overall the atmosphere was friendly and casual while still being very structured and organized. Everyone had specific tasks assigned to them and it wasn't difficult to find work to keep busy.
Pros
Privacy in cubicles and offices; break room with refrigerator and coffee maker
Cons
No benefits for temporary and part-time employees
Over great place to work
Crossing guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 22, 2017
Needs benefits. Better advancement opportunities. Needs some type of Health insurance plans for part time status employees. Overall good place to work.
Fast Paced Work Environment with emphasis being focused on safety and reliability
Professional Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 15, 2017
The Management and fellow Bus Operators are very good people to work with and will teach all the critical requirements necessary to safely and efficiently operate a Transit Bus to ensure reliability to the needs of the citizens of Columbus, Ga., daily.
Pros
Good Fast Pced Work Environment along with knowledgeable management
Cons
This place can outrun you quickly, if you do not manage your time properly.
enjoyable job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2017
i love working for the civic center. The events that come into town are wonderful. the supervisors work with you. they are very likeable people easy to get along with as long as you do what your suppose to.
felt locked in a closet
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 30, 2017
I was stuck answering the phones, Wanted to advance, but no where to go. Several people were fun to work with. Benefits were great. Schedule was good, 0830 to 1730, Monday - Friday. Attached to the phones was not my cup of tea.
Pros
people
Cons
attached to the phones

Want to know more about Columbus Consolidated Government?

Ask a question
Elected position which means job security
Muscogee County Coroner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2017
I arrive at my office at 7:00am every morning. Review reports from the night before that my deputy coroners entered into our data base. Check out my email acct., facebook page in order to wish friends, co-workers, etc. happy birthday greetings. Then I'm ready to face what ever the day may bring. Basic administrative duties, conversations with the GBI and families that we serve.
I am an elected official, Muscogee County Coroner and answer only to the governor of the State of Georgia and the citizens of Columbus.
Hardest part of my job is when I have to tell a next of kin that their love one had died. I have to do this two to three times daily.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that I have paid respect to the decease and their families and have done the best job possible for them. I look at the professionalism, integrity and morals that it takes to do my job and I am rewarded many times over with personal satisfaction.

I have multiple years of sales, marketing and business development. I'm looking for something that would bring me personal developmental satisfaction and fill the gaps in the down time that I have during the day.

I would certainly be an asset to your company and would excel in developing this territory as I have with previous companies.
Pros
Excellent health, life and retirement benefits, New SUV every year, all expenses, insurance, maintenance paid
Cons
boredom, Lots of down time
Fun and nice place to work at.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2017
The job was very caring and appreciative of their workers and it was like a family environment that made me feel comfortable to work at. I gained a lot of experience from working there.
Site Supervisor
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company it provided me with many character traits I can take to other employers. My family has grown and that is why I am looking for better work opportunities that promotes growth within an organization.
Government
Property Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 21, 2016
If you like for a government agency then this will be a good place to work, not much room for advancement but a great place to get some work experience.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Outside City limits
enjoyable yet informative work place
Elections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 18, 2016
Working at the Columbus Consolidated Government was the best job experience ever. I will truly miss that job and the people I was working with. I woke up everyday happy getting my day started and going to work. the environment at my work place was comforting yet alert all in one. I had a really great boss that taught me everything I needed to know about my job and how it works. I changed myself everyday with learning how to answer the phones properly, and helping the citizens with their problems correctly.
Pros
very nice understanding boss, coworkers are friendly
Cons
short checks sometimes
very exciting job was fun working around pools
Aquatics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2016
Learned a lot about pools different chemicals and how they react to other chemicals learn how to train employees how to operate each pool
Stay away from this place
Correctional Officer II (Former Employee) –  Muscogee county prisonMarch 3, 2016
I worked at this place and I must say the only thing I looked forward to everyday was going home. The leadership from top to bottom is absolute garbage. The warden is racist and the deputy warden of security has a god complex and is a total snake who'll try and ruin your life if you don't kiss his a*s. Some of the officers are cool but most of them will sell out their own mom to get an upper hand. If anyone is thinking of applying here I warn you to stay away. Management will take the word of an inmate over an officer.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
No progression, horrible management, dangerous place to work
Human Resource Technician I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
A good work environment. I do mostly employee relations and assisting the Affirmative Actions Officer. The current job is ever evolving and I'm able to adjust with it. I am use t working in a strict military environment and now have a more relaxed work atmosphere.
Productive and fun work environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Great on the job training that I feel that I would not have been able to get in any other establishment. Excellent place to network and to gather experience in several different departments.
Great Place to work
PARK MAINTENANCE WORKER I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 19, 2016
Great place to work. Great management. Great benefits. Excellent hours. Enjoy working and assisting the citizens of Columbus, GA. Overall, excellent atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, Benefits