The Chief Financial Officer develops, oversees, and administers all policies and practices affecting Finance and Administration for Columbus Regional Airport Authority. This includes but is not limited to the accounting function (accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, fixed assets and general ledger), treasury functions (debt management, banking relationships, cash and investment management, rating agency relationships), internal and external auditing, information technology, procurement and contracts, payroll, financial planning including the annual budget and financial feasibility modeling.
ESSENTIAL TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages finances, including investments and securities. Purchases financial instruments or securities from financial institutions as directed. Manages cash and cash equivalents assets. Manages liquidity and participates in investment portfolio management.
2. Leads accounting and financial analyses and the preparation of budgets and financial reports. Responsible for financial leadership and fiscal responsibility, financial and transaction reporting, purchase orders/encumbrances, budget and encumbrance reports, billing, accounts payable, budgeting, financial projects, financial and statistical analysis. Assesses the financial implications of contractual matters and conducts financial strategic and operational planning.
3. Establishes, examines, evaluates and maintains internal accounting controls. Oversees preparation and submission of government tax forms and payments. Recommends improvement/additions to internal controls (system and procedures).
4. Oversees borrowing activities. Establishes and maintains relationships with lenders, underwriters, financial advisors, and rating agencies.
5. Identifies, evaluates, qualifies and implements business partner & vendor relationships, including negotiating and managing service level agreements and performance. Establishes and maintains credit reporting requirements for new customers and establishes credit limits and/or payment requirements. Oversees payment of CRAA’s suppliers and vendors.
6. Collaboratively oversees all computerized systems: fire alarm, security, signage, runway sensor system. Ensures the following:
a. Staff is trained on hardware and software.
b. Other divisions with data processing and specialized applications (i.e. accounting, engineering, and marketing) receive necessary support.
c. A technologies master plan is developed, updated, and implemented.
d. Evaluation, acquisition, installation and maintenance of local area network (LAN) administration, hardware and software occurs.
7. Provides leadership to develop a cohesive work team. Creates a positive and collaborative work environment. Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance expectations of their position, including completing evaluations on a timely basis. Provides development opportunities to staff for growth and improved performance.
8. Develops strategic plans based on CRAA’s priorities. Leverages industry expertise, best practices, and key business drivers in developing short and long-range plans and defining results. Maintains flexibility to adapt priorities based on changing business needs.
9. Maintains positive relationships with Board of Directors. Effectively assists with preparing and presenting Board reports, staffing committees or local Boards. Keeps Board well informed in order to make the best decisions for the organization. Partners with the Board to develop or refine strategic direction & plan in a timely manner.
10. Provides advisory support and leadership to the President & CEO and other CRAA senior management to assist with strategic initiatives and outreach to community partners.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or other related field required.
- CPA professional license preferred.
- 15 years in a management position of increasing responsibility in related field required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of financial and accounting practices, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of investments, financial research, and reporting
- Understanding of information systems
- Thorough knowledge of CRAA’s products, history, and organizational objectives
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Promotes a culture of superior customer service
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to drive for and achieve results
- Ability to solve challenging problems and provide effective solutions
- Fosters teamwork & cooperation
- Ability to motivate and provide direction to employees
- Strong people management and development skills
- Solid presentation skills
Director, Technology Services
Director, Accounting & Audit
Director, Finance & Administration