To be considered for this position you must supply a pdf. or link to your online portfolio!
The freelance Graphic Specialist completes a variety of print and electronic collateral projects as well as interactive design projects such as videos.
ESSENTIAL TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
1. Creates and/or produces professional designs and layouts for internal and external communications materials including invitations, maps, signs, posters, handouts, wall wraps, brochures, advertisements, PowerPoint presentations and other visual elements including those used for social media.
2. Produce graphic design materials in accordance with the CRAA's brand strategy and brand architecture.
3. Creates interactive design materials such as videos, and loads for public and internal consumption on the appropriate communications platform.
4. Serves as liaison with outside service agents such as printers, production companies. Includes collaborating on design, obtaining price quotes, creating production schedules, conducting press checks and quality reviews, and reconciling billing as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art or a related field. Equivalent education, work experience, knowledge and skills may qualify.
- 5 years graphic design experience including experience in web design and print production required.
- Experience in the creation of design solutions, from concept to completion, in a wide range of graphic applications required.
- Experience presenting visual solutions to internal clients and communicating the strategies behind design ideas and executions required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project management skills (timelines, budgets, setting priorities, working with internal clients and external partners)
- Ability to apply corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Highly proficient in Adobe CS Products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash and Adobe Acrobat Pro in a PC environment
- Solid knowledge of HTML.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of font management software.
- Production skills (mounting, laminating).
- Proficient with using digital cameras.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Displays cooperation and performs as a team player
- Demonstrated dependability and reliability
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently while managing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently
Assignment of projects will be provided by either the Manager of the Communications & Media Relations or the Sr. Graphic Designer. Direction on design will be provided by the Sr. Graphic Designer.