Columbus Regional Healthcare Employee Reviews

productive and friendly atmosphere
Emergency & Trauma Room Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 30, 2016
fast paced and friendly environment, always helping the sick receive the care they need to improve there health, great team work at all times
Great place to work!
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCDecember 27, 2016
Start of shift, receive your daily report. Great team work, hard working crew. Hardest part getting off on time. Best part, patients hands down, just knowing that you're helping someone is the best feeling ever.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
swing rotation
Columbus Regional Healthcare System
Respiratory Therapist/Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCNovember 8, 2016
Columbus Regional is a small community hospital that takes care of its patients in an excellent way. They strive to make the hospital the best of the best around to work for and for the patients and their standard of care.
Pros
Small hospital, great workers
great
Surgical Technologist (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 17, 2016
great place to work,wonderful staff, i loved my time there,staff cared,surgeons cared and i was extremely happy to be apart of it,would love to go back soon
Needs improvement
Registered Nurse in Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCSeptember 2, 2016
Surrounding hospitals pay more and have better benefits. Management doesn't support you. Nothing is done about co-workers who don't perform to standards due to management concerned about having no one else to work in that position, even though multiple staff complains. Staff is short and makes the ED have bad scores due to low morale and not enough staff to take care of the patients properly. There is not proper leadership or no incentives to do extra.
Pros
most co-workers are good to work with, family oriented environment
Cons
management, leadership, staffing
Progressive and fun workplace.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 26, 2016
This company is very customer-centric, but place positive emphasis on its employees' well-being by inspiring them to focus on the positive and exhibiting a great attitude and caring mind-set for all.
Very Professional work environment.
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work and great benefits package. Management is professional and fair. Columbus regional does not offer competitive pay.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay is not competitive
Productive with great staff and patients.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJune 9, 2016
Columbus Regional Healthcare strives to help each patient to get well and follows up with each patient after they are discharged to make sure they are still improving. I would recommend this organization to everyone.
Pros
They work really hard for their patients to get the help they need.
Learning experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 2, 2016
A typical day consist of waiting for instruments from surgical procedures to be cleaned and decontaminated to set trays up for the next day or next procedure. I have learned that every positon in any organization is an asset and important. My co workers are team players. The hardest part of my job is some months are slow which makes the shift pass slowly. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am assisting in saving lives by ensuring that all instruments are sterile and up to standards.
Pros
Tuition Assistance
Cons
Salary is not economically suitable.
learn things on your own
central processing technican (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 23, 2016
disinfect surgical instruments,i learned so much there,that is an important job. and learn something all the time.supervisor was very helpful and knew her position very well.
Pros
co workers were helpful.
Cons
some times very busy. but it didnt bother me for the most part.
Hospital based facility
Customer Service/Data Entry/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 17, 2016
I worked with Columbus Regional Healthcare for 8 years customer service, Account Representative, Claims, Account Payable, Leadership experience, Filing claims for Medicare and Private Insurance, Trained new employees, assisted with policy and procedures, Trained on medical records documentation.
Great people work here
Surgical Services Director, RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Overall a wonderful small hospital with a big heart. Somewhat set in their ways. Hard to get things changed. But a work in progress. Good ole buddy system still here.
Pros
The people are so nice they would give you the shirt off their backs
Cons
changing the way we do things is difficult to get buy in
Great Clinical Experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 15, 2016
I learned alot of clinical skills, that have been a benefit throughout my nursing career. The hardest part of my job was that we were short staffed on a consistent basis. The most enjoyable part was patient care, and staff teamwork.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short staffed consistently
Great customer service
Emergency Department Greeter/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCDecember 3, 2015
Great customer service training, professional environment, low turnover rate, team building management, great medical staff.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
N/A
Great job! Enjoyed my job very much.
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 20, 2015
Learned alot from this position. Enjoyed working there. Gained alot of knowledge and expanded my career path. They helped with my education and learning. I got alot of experience and learned customer service and technical skill set which helped me alot in my career.
Great place to work. Environment was alway kept up clean. Employees in all different area are very friendly.
Supervisor, Patient Access (Emergency Department) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 23, 2015
Typical day in the Emergency Room is always busy as we are the only Trauma unit available in Columbus, GA and ranges to a 100 mile radius out. I have learned so much from the on hands with patients, physicians, nurses, and all levels of employees in Columbus Regional Healthcare. Management is always on top of our needs and open minded with in our department objectives. The hardest part on the job that I never get use to will be seeing family loose their love ones in the emergency room.
Pros
Access to free gym. Payroll deduction on meals.
Cons
Short breaks
leadership
Director of Cardio/Pulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  Northside Medical CenterAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work was wondering if today was going to be the day they eliminated your position.

Nothing positive to say. I learned to not trust upper management. The hardest part of the job was having to attend useless meetings and having to dance because the corporate CEO demanded that of all attendees.

The most enjoyable parts were the friends and great coworkers I had.
Fun workplace and professional
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus GeorgiaJuly 6, 2015
This is a wonderful workplace to be apart of. The staff is nice and the facility is clean and the goal is to deliver care to all patients. I mastered clerical skills and some medical knowledge. The hardest part of working here is the fact that the culture and facility makes you not want to end your shift and go home, it opens you up to wanting to always be there to be a helping hand. I enjoyed this place because it was friendly and just made working there so welcoming and second to nature and easy to exceed.
Pros
Great lunches, breaks, and exposure to Great diverse people and good pay and perks
Cons
N/A
Great place
RN III (Current Employee) –  MMW, PACUApril 6, 2015
Great place to work. My current facility is closing. I have enjoyed all of my years working here. If the facility were not closing, I would not be leaving.
Staff Nurse
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 22, 2015
A great company/ place to work! Very organized. three 12 hour shifts per week, rotating weekends, hospital setting.. Like a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbus Regional Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Columbus Regional Healthcare Reviews by Location