Columbus Regional Healthcare

Columbus Regional Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Hospital based facility
Customer Service/Data Entry/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 17, 2016
I worked with Columbus Regional Healthcare for 8 years customer service, Account Representative, Claims, Account Payable, Leadership experience, Filing claims for Medicare and Private Insurance, Trained new employees, assisted with policy and procedures, Trained on medical records documentation.
Great people work here
Surgical Services Director, RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Overall a wonderful small hospital with a big heart. Somewhat set in their ways. Hard to get things changed. But a work in progress. Good ole buddy system still here.
Pros
The people are so nice they would give you the shirt off their backs
Cons
changing the way we do things is difficult to get buy in
Great Clinical Experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 15, 2016
I learned alot of clinical skills, that have been a benefit throughout my nursing career. The hardest part of my job was that we were short staffed on a consistent basis. The most enjoyable part was patient care, and staff teamwork.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short staffed consistently
Great job! Enjoyed my job very much.
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 20, 2015
Learned alot from this position. Enjoyed working there. Gained alot of knowledge and expanded my career path. They helped with my education and learning. I got alot of experience and learned customer service and technical skill set which helped me alot in my career.
Great place to work. Environment was alway kept up clean. Employees in all different area are very friendly.
Supervisor, Patient Access (Emergency Department) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 23, 2015
Typical day in the Emergency Room is always busy as we are the only Trauma unit available in Columbus, GA and ranges to a 100 mile radius out. I have learned so much from the on hands with patients, physicians, nurses, and all levels of employees in Columbus Regional Healthcare. Management is always on top of our needs and open minded with in our department objectives. The hardest part on the job that I never get use to will be seeing family loose their love ones in the emergency room.
Pros
Access to free gym. Payroll deduction on meals.
Cons
Short breaks
Great customer service
Emergency Department Greeter/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCDecember 3, 2015
Great customer service training, professional environment, low turnover rate, team building management, great medical staff.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
N/A
leadership
Director of Cardio/Pulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  Northside Medical CenterAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work was wondering if today was going to be the day they eliminated your position.

Nothing positive to say. I learned to not trust upper management. The hardest part of the job was having to attend useless meetings and having to dance because the corporate CEO demanded that of all attendees.

The most enjoyable parts were the friends and great coworkers I had.
Fun workplace and professional
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus GeorgiaJuly 6, 2015
This is a wonderful workplace to be apart of. The staff is nice and the facility is clean and the goal is to deliver care to all patients. I mastered clerical skills and some medical knowledge. The hardest part of working here is the fact that the culture and facility makes you not want to end your shift and go home, it opens you up to wanting to always be there to be a helping hand. I enjoyed this place because it was friendly and just made working there so welcoming and second to nature and easy to exceed.
Pros
Great lunches, breaks, and exposure to Great diverse people and good pay and perks
Cons
N/A
Great place
RN III (Current Employee) –  MMW, PACUApril 6, 2015
Great place to work. My current facility is closing. I have enjoyed all of my years working here. If the facility were not closing, I would not be leaving.
Great People
Sr Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2014
I advanced from Help Desk Manager to systems analyst then to Sr Systems Analyst. Loved the company until huge culture change that occurred and at the same time I was offered an opportunity at a much higher salery in consulting so I gave consulting one year (two companies). I decided I hated the travel and am now looking for a perm. non travel position in Columbus
Columbus is a great Hospital in Whiteville, NC to be able to work for.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCDecember 23, 2013
Everyon there was exceptionally nice; the employers, the emplyees, patients, doctors, PA's, families, you name it the list goes on, all very sweet people.

At that hospital, the pace was fast and what it taught me was how to work better as a team. I also prided myself walking out of the hospital at the end of the night knowing we worked like a well oiled machine. The work load was the toughtes I faced yet in xray, but I believe it made me the better for it.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
the 45 minute drive there, the 45 minute drive back
coworkers are very good to work with as well as work environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCNovember 4, 2012
I enjoyed working ar columbus regional while i was employed there. i would like to return for future employment if position were to become available. work days could be hectic but tolerable. i had a really good supervisor. She was very helpful with her phlebotomists. my coworkers were like my extended family. I spent more time with them than my own. The hardest part of the job was trying to be 2 places at one time. I enjoyed my job very much bc i got to meet a variety of people.
Pros
lots of hospital events for worthy charitable causes.
Cons
none to my knowledge.
Take care of day to day operations in Telecommunications
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  710 Center StreetMarch 7, 2013
I over see two Telecom Techs for installing voice and data cabling and adminisration of a Avaya S8700 system and Partner systems.
Intuity Voice Mail System and Call Management System. I do trouble shooting and work with Avaya support if problems occur.
Maintain day to day support for all employees and offsite facilities that are on our phone system.
Pros
i like to install phones and do the programming
Cons
dealing with difficult employees.
Roller Skating through the Day
physician assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at work here involved seeing walk-in patients only! This was my first job as a new physician assistant. I became very proficient in procedures - managing corneal abrasions, suturing lacerations, splinting and casting. I would literally roller skate through out the work day!
Pros
great attending physicians and wonderful support staff
Cons
unpredictable lunch breaks
Staff Nurse
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 22, 2015
A great company/ place to work! Very organized. three 12 hour shifts per week, rotating weekends, hospital setting.. Like a family.
Great environment
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 12, 2014
Happy employees means happy customers/patients. I really enjoyed working for this company, eventhought I worked the third shift the hours always seemed to fly by.
Excellent
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 7, 2014
Great company to work for. This company really cares about their employees and their families.
Pros
flexible schedules.
Cons
low pay.
Great hours
food and nutrition (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 24, 2014
The job work life balance was outstanding. The hours of operation were awesome and convenient.
Pros
hours the job was easy
Cons
short breaks or no break at all
Very fast paced work enviroment.
Ambulatory Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCMarch 18, 2013
Nice place to work,physicians easy to work with. Needed to make a few changes in overall work flow. Most enjoyable part of job was the patient care. Hardest part of job was some of staff members.
Great co-workers
Sales Associate / Certified Mastectomy Fitter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 4, 2013
They have no value of their employees, however the job was very rewarding.
Pros
great co-workers and benifits
Cons
no oppertunity for advancement. no value of employees.