Columbus State Community College Employee Reviews

Great
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2017
Great federal work study program , love my boss, great community and also awesome for students wanting to pay off tuition . would recommend to every student who uses financial aid
productive, fun , and good temp
Cashier and customer service- DX book store (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2017
its fun easy, nice managers , it was temporary job so no benefits but I believe for full time they do have a good and nice benefits.
pay is decent but easy.
Fantastic costumerservice, kind and hard working employees
Food Preparation and Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with costumers and making food. A typical day at work would include making pizza, cooking the pizza and interacting with costumers.
Good place
Credit Counts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AdvisingJuly 17, 2017
It was a cool place to work for the most part because of the people who I worked with. Management wasn't as supportive, but it was a cool place to work.
Love cscc
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 4, 2017
It has been a great year. The atmosphere is fun and warm, and the staff is lively and friendly. I could not think of a better professional development experience.
High stress job
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2017
Worked for design construction and trades department and this was a high stress level position. Hardest part of the job was getting acclimated to all the people I was serving.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
Stress level
Very rewarding place to work
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2017
Columbus State Community College is a great place to work. Being a part-time worker is the only downfall because you don't have any benefits. If you become a full-time employee, they have great benefits. I have learned a lot about the differences in computer technology here at CSCC. We use to work on student and staff computers in my area but now this job has moved to another location. I really miss this part of my job. I love working with the public and the staff here. Just knowing that I help someone overcome a problem is rewarding to me.
fair- average
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2017
instructors were underpaid and supervision was minimal. Students were fine and hours were good. Given the amount of work and the pay it ulimately wasnt worth my time.
Pros
nice academic environment
Cons
limited support
This internship for the IT progarms at CSCC
Networking intern - Capstone (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2017
This internship forms groups of 5 people taken from each different IT Degree path and made work together in a realistic IT Work Place to help study understand the fields that they were going in to
Cscc
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2017
CSCC was a wonderful company to work for I would love to work for them again as a full time employee. The other employees were always friendly and occasionally had a student get mad but other than that a very laid back place to work for.
Was a good place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Expectations of job output far exceed what they are willing to pay you. Definite good old boys club mentality among management. Benefits are decent, it is a state job. Consensus among a lot of employees is that we aren't working here because we like it. Most employees are in a "zombie" state because morale is at a major low. 9 years ago when I started I would have recommended people to come work here. Now I tell them don't consider it.
Pros
Healthcare, free college, paid leave
Cons
Management, pay, morale
Relaxed and Informative work environment
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2017
The people here are very caring and sincere. The job itself was not difficult but at times I felt like I was sitting there getting paid to do nothing. Many students did not utilize the office that we were in so we didn't have much to do. It was fun connecting with people and doing volunteer work outside of campus.
Great school & workplace
Aide in Criminal Justice/Safety department (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Best community college in the state. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. I have always felt comfortable with whatever direction the advisor pointed me towards.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Large classes
Challenging work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and learning about the students. A typical day of work was spending one or two hours with assisting students with learning math.
Pros
helping people learn math
Cons
n/a
Productive workplace with easy to get along with staff
Peer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2016
My day will consist of educating myself on resources around the Columbus, Ohio area as well as meeting with students (clients) who are in need of assistance in anything ranging from wanting to know where to park on the campus to needing emergency shelter for the night.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Amazing supervisors
Cons
One meeting a month that is 4 hours long
Adjunct wages and irregular workload
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2016
Classes dependent on student attendance levels, which have been going down lately. It is a good contact hour wage however, the best in the state I believe.
Pros
Good relationships with departments and coordinators
Cons
No job security
Serene Work Environment
Student Liaison (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2016
I had a really good work experience here. My supervisor and manager were very helpful and supportive they made sure I knew how to do my job effectively and made sure we had a good line of communication.
Great work environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Great work environment, culturally diverse, work hours 8 am-3 pm, hardest part of the job is during the rush period the weeks before the start of fall semester.
Great educational institution with faculty and staff that care, and at a great tuition price
Biological Sciences and Chemistry Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2016
great place to work over all
with great people and a hard work ethics atmosphere
but limited room for advancement
or training for new jobs and/or careers
Productive, Fun,
Student Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2016
Love working here! Easy going office environment where everybody does their job the best they know how. The team work here is amazing. Everyone communicates with one another and they love to bring snacks!
Pros
good co-workers, benefits and work environment
Cons
Angry Parents and Students