Columbus State Community College Employee Reviews

Great place to work as a Work/study
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work as a work study. Hours were flexible and worked around my school hours as well as study time when there was nothing for me to do
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  columbus, ohioOctober 21, 2015
I have worked there for 18 years and have received support from so many great people who really care about students. It is a very fulfilling place to work.
productive work place
Testing Assistant (Current Employee) –  DelawareOctober 21, 2015
one of the best environments to be in.
great colleagues, environment, there is a lot of motivation
advancement, increased customer service
Columbus State
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioSeptember 23, 2015
Fun and busy workplace with great colleagues and management. A typical day consists of greeting student and guests, directing them around campus. Assisting students with enrollment into college, registering their classes and providing administrative support to the Admissions department directors and advisers. The most enjoyable part about my job, other than my colleagues is getting to meet new people everyday, from all walks of life and help them achieve their educational goals.
Pros
Exciting workplace, everyday is different.
Cons
No benefits for Part time employees
Positive environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2015
Positive environment, diverse culture. Although it doesn't have the opportunities of a large university, it is a great place to get the basic requirements for your degree completed.
Pros
People promoting environment
Cons
Doesn't have the opportunities of a large university
Not much interaction with other faculty
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJune 4, 2015
Unfortunately I had a bad experience with a student that was not taken care of by the university. My department tried to handle it well but the overall university protected a student that endangered the safety of the classroom.
great for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2015
Stocking shelves, designing displays, and having a great repertoire with your college peers. This is a great place to work when you need someone to understand your desire for education. Staff and Management are beyond friendly and you feel like a family.
Pros
work with your school scheadule
Cons
Pay
Having lots of fun at workplace and gaining countless useful skills.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2015
I had worked as lab assistant at Columbus State Community College from 2014-2015, and this position gives me a very good time working with everyone and numerous experiences relating to my major.
I frequently support students to finish their work, paper, researches, guide those who rarely use or don't use computer to become familiar with computer skills, and I also learn some more useful social skills because I usually have to talk with students, help them to figure out their problems and then guild them to get their job done well.
Sometimes, I can't resolve some students because of my experiences. This problem didn't trouble myself because everyone at the workplace has to work as a team and help each other to help students become. So every time I get stuck with students' problems, I get support from other members and also gain some new experiences from them.
All-in-all, working as lab assistant give me numerous helpful things, and I learn many new skills and also make some new good friends.
Taught Basic Mathematics and Algebra as well as College Success Skills online and live.
Assistant Professor, Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 28, 2015
Developmental Education Chair as well as Faculty were wonderful to work with. I had numerous opportunities to add to the curriculum and bring students to an understanding of college life as well as technical mathematics skills.
Nice place to attend school.
Part time student (Current Employee) –  Columbus,OhioApril 21, 2015
I love the flexible scheduling options and the professionalism of all the staff. Columbus State has multiple campuses which makes travel easier.
Productive and fun place to work at. Everybody is friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2015
This company is a great company. People are very friendly and the workplace is a very productive workplace. It offers many opportunities for students to work while pursing their degree.
Job Lack Diversity.
Public Safety Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Very nice place to work. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with student and faculty and assisting with anything they need.
Pros
not having enough female on my shift.
Cons
being paid twice a month
Building Service Spec II
Building Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 14, 2015
Building Services Specialist II – Forklift operator, unloaded supplies for campus restrooms, carpet, floor cleaning and shampooing. Also, moved furniture to various office areas throughout the campus and campus refuse disposal.
Organized and productive group to volunteer with
Volunteer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2015
I volunteered my time tutoring students as well as teaching them to swim and chaperoning for field trips.

The management and students were such a pleasure to work with. I enjoyed spending time with the children and collaborating with the staff.
Fun and easy job
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2015
The atmosphere of the college campus made job great to come to every day
Productive, safe and enjoyable place to work.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Provided customer service and assistance for fitness center
Trained and assisted students, faculty and staff on proper use of equipment
Maintained fitness center, providing a safe and clean atmosphere
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
small facility
Great company but it was unable to enhance my educational desires.
Telephone Information Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus OHOctober 14, 2014
Provide customer services to clients to enhance there educational experience by telephone. Answers questions about application process, admissions sessions, testing requirements, necessary documentation, testing locations, available advising consultations, available career paths, making appointments, available advising hours, make and cancel appointments, provide information on financial aid assistance, verify the receipt of necessary documentation, directions to all company sites, directions to website and online systems, register for classes, take payments. Learned how to use various computer systems, keep up with changing rules and regulations, find answers with limited time under hurried conditions, and deal with difficult cliental. Facilitated training for department in areas of constant change to provide consist help. Great group of coworkers many of switch are trying to better themselves. The hardest part of the job is staying current with changes when the information doesn't not flow through the department. The most enjoyable part is making someone who thinks they couldn't get help feel good about the help they have received to make the process flow for them.
Pros
education, good benefits, security
Cons
lack of flow communication
productive environrment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2014
the job offered a hands on computer related environment. staff members were all excellent and reliable. I learned so much about computers
Cons
low pay
Productive, Ping pong, tennis table for fun
Adjunct Faculty & Tutor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
Happy to work with students, all day, no stop. Just short break for lunches and soft drinks
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
fast paced and humble place to work.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2014
a typical day at work was a routine. i learned that customers are not always nice, sometimes they're extremely rude. (but you must deal with it in a positive way). management was awesome, all managers treated everyone like family. my co-workers were very helpful and great to work with. the hardest part of the job was dealing with extremely rude customers. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my usual customers and helping them with their purchases.
Pros
long breaks and great co-workers.
Cons
obsolutely no employee benefits. and low pay.

4.2