Columbus State Community College

Columbus State Community College Employer Reviews

Productive, Ping pong, tennis table for fun
Adjunct Faculty & Tutor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Happy to work with students, all day, no stop. Just short break for lunches and soft drinks
fast paced and humble place to work.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: long breaks and great co-workers.
Cons: obsolutely no employee benefits. and low pay.
a typical day at work was a routine. i learned that customers are not always nice, sometimes they're extremely rude. (but you must deal with it in a positive way). management was awesome, all managers treated everyone like family. my co-workers were very helpful and great to work with. the hardest part of the job was dealing with extremely rude customers. – more... the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my usual customers and helping them with their purchases. – less
Productive teaching/learning environment
Math Instructor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 16, 2014
Columbus State Community college is a great place to work. The administration is supportive of their staff and dedicated to the success of both their teachers and their students. My colleagues are all easy to get along with and there for me if I need assistance.
Adjunct Chemistry Professor
Adjunct Chemistry Professor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2014
Pros: the hours were flexible hours, and was an enjoyable work environment.
Cons: i would have enjoy more time mentor and develop students' passion for science
I prepared and gave lectures on General Chemistry and Organic/Biochemistry to students pursuing careers in allied health.
In addition, I prepared and administered homework, quizzes, and examination. The position required monitoring and assisting students during laboratory sessions.
Very stressed
Histology Instructor, Program Director (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: contact with students
Cons: very heavy workload, no funding
My situation unusual, but was doing entire program by myself so I felt very stressed.
Was a great place to work.
Accountant II (Former Employee), Columbus OhioJanuary 16, 2014
Allowed for flexible start time. I learned most of what I know about being fiscally responsible from this employer. I started when they were small but they have grown to be a large community college. My co-workers were outstanding. The hardest part of this job was balancing the work load with the other aspects of the job. Reporting deadlines verses – more... customer service. I loved working for the college because of the opportunities it offers to its community. – less
Nice atmosphere, Good staff
Adjunct Faculty- Digital Design and Media (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: positive feedback, good pay, comfortable environment
Cons: not a stable career, i have to work a second job for health insurance
I teach graphic design to college students. I enjoy teaching students and helping them reach their goals. I'm currently teaching high schoolers from Afrocentric High School who come to campus 3 days a week to experience a college classroom.
The professors in the department are really great and motivating. I feel very comfortable, with the freedom to – more... structure my classes in my own way.
The hardest part of my job is grading. It's tedious and time consuming and I don't enjoy it.
The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with students and inspiring them. – less
communication skills
Tutor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: helping others is always great
Cons: low pay
worked with different students and I had great time there. I have learn communication skills
Clinicial instructor
Johanna Trinidad, Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2013
It is wonderful to see the look on a students face when they realize they have learned the skills they need to succeed.
It is a good place to go to school.
Photographer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2013
I must have misread something I didn't work there, I went to school there.
p
Safety & Security Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
It was a transition period in my life. nothing great about this job
Loved working with the students
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2013
The students made my stay at CSCC a wonderful experience. I absolutely loved helping the students.
Alright to work for unless you want advancement
Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2013
It was a pretty good employer unless you.re looking for advancement.
okay there
Registration Office Student Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2013
did mostly front office stuff like answered phones, filed, computer skills, etc
Great place to work and to become educated.
Financial Aid Specialist (Fulltime) (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation day, in-service and being able to be a part of the good things that happens for our students.
Cons: the job can become stressful.
My typical day at work would include answering calls, paying fee's, registering classes, giving general information concerning financial aid.

What I have learned here is excellent customer service skills. I have learned great work ethics, and most of all patience.

In my department there is great management staff that is always here for us to help, – more... to listen and encourge.

The co-workers that I work with are very good co-workers and we do work as a great team together.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes it can become stressful through the busy times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that even through the stressful times we come together as a team to be there for each other. – less
Great work environment
Financial Aid Processor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2013
Pros: overall great place
Cons: rushes are tough sometimes
This was the best job I ever had. I think the hardest part of this job was leaving it. I wish I could have stayed in Columbus and continue working there. If anyone ever has the chance to work for CSCC do not pass up the opportunity.
Large community college that is currently struggling with today's financial situations
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 13, 2013
Pros: some wonderful faculty, great students, nice office.
Cons: the work was never done.
I loved my job working with students, providing them with a solid foundation for successful nursing practice and seeing them progress from wanting to be told everything they needed to know, to be responsible and willing to spend the time utilizing resources to reinforce their knowledge.
The hardest part was the poor communication from middle management: – more... they did not know how to do the things they were demanding that I do. The chain of command was strong, but assistance with learning new aspects of college requirements was very poor. – less
Awesome Benefits and Work Environment
IT Support Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJune 11, 2013
Pros: 10 dollar massages, free parking, 75% off dependent tuition, free tuition, and money toward continuing education
Cons: no opportunities for advancement and lacking in leadership and goals
My typical day begins at 7:15. I have been opening the CSCC IT Support Center for 3 years. I have learned valuable skills in interpersonal communication and team work. I have also learned a lot about Virtual Machines, SEP, AD, SCCM, Novell Zenworks and GroupWise, MS Outlook, MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013. I am also assisting in rolling out the Office 365 – more... upgrade to our students.
Management was awesome, until my manager left. It is now run by a temporary manager who currently has another full time job at the college. It is understandably a tough spot for this person to be in, and he does the best job he can. My only concern is that my manager has been gone for 3 months, and they have yet to post his job.
I love my co-workers. We work together so well, and they are kind, understanding and they truly do their best.
The hardest part of the job is trying to walk an end user through a process you don't fully understand. I try very hard to learn as much as I can about technology, but it changes so quickly, that it can be tough to stay on top of it all.
I love my co-workers, I love the students, and I love the vibe of the college. It is a very positive place to work. I enjoy seeing students strive, achieve, and above improve their lives through education. – less
fun place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 5, 2013
Pros: continuous education
Cons: temporary contracts
Great atmosphere, great culture, flexible schedule, intersting program
Good college for students who don't need much
Student Services Advisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2013
Pros: lively atmosphere
Cons: lots of stressed out people
Cheap school, not very student centered, tends to leave students hanging