Columbus State University Employee Reviews

Student
Full Time Criminal Justice Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2016
Adequate , as promised studied and passing grades granted me my associates of applied science in criminal justice, a fundamental understanding of various aspects of the policing job market , and an understanding of the criminal laws and their applications.
A family at work away from home
CSU Work Study (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 2, 2016
I worked at Columbus State's Work Study program since 2012, and it has been a great experience I wouldn't want to forget the time I've had there. The work time was a maximum of 19 hours a week but was enough to give me time for myself and my school work. The people there are pretty sociable. Building a relationship with my bosses helped us build an environment that was like its a family here. I always informed them if I was going to run late. I try to make changes to my schedule ahead of time regardless of the ability to do it one day before the time I wanted to make a change to. It's definitely a first-step job for people. I'm happy I graduated so others can take my spot to get that experience I had.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Have to stretch the current work there sometimes to feel busy.
Columbus State
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AMay 30, 2016
Great place. Really great people here. akssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
It's a great school
Full time- College Student (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 18, 2016
I currently a full time student looking for full-time work.
-a typical day at work is busy but fun
- the students there are great and friendly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
N/a
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 2, 2016
The Columbus State University Police Department is a low grade department with people who are just earning a paycheck.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at Columbus State. My supervisor worked with my class schedule.so I worked when I did not have classes.
Orchard View
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work as a CNA would be learning the residents to better assist them. I learned that every floor works differently. I believe management is a good team but the tasks and hours for CNAs per week can be handled evenly. Some co-workers work as a team and some do not. The hardest thing about my job is not having a set schedule and set floor. The most enjoyable thing about my job is helping others in need of support and comfort.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
Lack of help and hours
The work environment was fun, productive, and enjoyable.
Columbus State University Phone-a-thon Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed working as a Phone-a-thon Team Member because it gave me a chance to reach out to the Alumni and inform them on the new things happening at Columbus State University and asking them to donate to the building up of our University. My coworkers were very involved individuals on campus who loved Columbus State University. The hardest part of the job was at times was getting in touch with the Alumni most times. Some would either changed numbers, relocated, or possibly deployed. The most enjoyable part was coming into a work environment where the atmosphere is positive and everyone working together to accomplish a goal.
Pros
free giveaways, competitive games, free food on occasions, etc
Cons
short hours
Stressful place to work
Associate Professor of Finance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 8, 2015
Management is interested in entertaining the students and reviews faculty only by student evaluations. Management wants to interpose itself into faculty governance and try to direct faculty like a conductor in an orquestra
Pros
Little involvement in your work
Cons
Little support
Opportunity Awaits
Manager of Campus Services (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2015
Since I have started here I have been given the opportunity to grow and develop as a professional. If you are one who has a passion for what you do and wants the opportunity to try new things, Columbus State University is a great place for you.
Accommodating
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  University Information & Technology ServicesJuly 13, 2015
A typical day working at CSU computer lab required filling printer with paper, assisting students with login issues, resetting passwords, transferring calls, checking in/checking out laptops, promoting the lab services, documenting the task performed, and maintained the daily operations of the lab. My time at the computer lab has taught me a lot. I learned how to effectively deal with the customers, how to be a part of a team and to communicate efficiently. Management tried their best to accommodating, which was greatly appreciated. There was no opportunity for advancement, which decreased both the morale and motivation. Most of the co-workers were great to work with and we work well together. We got to know each other. The few co-workers that I found to be difficult I would just keep it professional with them. The hardest part of my job were dealing with difficult customers and working under conditions that made me feel unappreciated. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday.
Productive Nights
Student assistant, referee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 14, 2015
Most days are filled with laughter and its a great job because you get to work with others that share similar interest. The hardest part of the job is waiting around for games to start after nine o clock.
Pros
makes daily workout routines easy because i was always in the gym
Cons
no real breaks at night
Overall good place to work.
Enrollment Sercive Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus GAMay 7, 2015
On a typical day at CSU, I will answer about 50+ phone calls and see 20+ students with questions or needing assistance enrolling and financial aid at Columbus State University. During peak the phone calls can exceed 100+ and walk-ins 40+. I most enjoy meeting and helping the students and parents.
Pros
5 free meals and allowed 9 credits hours per semester
Cons
30 miles from my home
Great Great Place to Work if you are not solely living on your salary
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Student AffairsMarch 24, 2015
Love the town, love the campus and the people, just find it hard to live off of the very modest salaries that most staff members are paid, myself included.
Nice working environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 14, 2015
This was my number one employment. As long as I did my work and met my deadlines my bosses were pleased. I really enjoyed working at CSU. Sad to have to leave due to relocation.
Internal Audit duties
Internal Audit Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 13, 2015
Perform cash receipt/petty cash audits of campus departments.
Draft audit steps prior to an audit along with completing audit reports
Evaluate campus department’s risk assessments
Marketing and Advertising.
Vice President of Marketing and Advertisement (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 11, 2015
my review is that Writing and proof reading copies
maintain and update customer database
communicate well with customers on a everyday basis.

this was a work study.
Pros
minimal breaks
Cons
daily operations
Beautiful campus and dedicated faculty
Assistant Professor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
It was good to work with faculty who were truly dedicated to their calling. The students were focused on accomplishing their educational goals.
Csu
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Columbus State University. There were moments where we were extremely busy, but I enjoyed those times as well.
Columbus State Tutor
Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 14, 2015
I'm a student assistant by professional terms! I enjoy helping upcoming Computer Science students hone their problem solving and logic skills in combination with computer languages.
Pros
helps my own debugging skills
Cons
some students don't do what they are supposed to do in class

4.3