Columbus State University Employee Reviews

Great Teaching University
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 30, 2017
This is a great place to begin an academic career. If you would like to conduct research, this is a tougher place because there is definitely an emphasis on teaching.
Professional and productive place to work, great management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 27, 2017
I worked as student assistant in CSU. The environment was professional and at the same time very friendly and relaxed. Great and professional management and co-workers
Pros
Professional and productive work place
Day starts with Good talktative
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 17, 2017
I make sure to be ready and out the door so I can get to work at least 30 minutes before ‘start time.’ That way if there are delays such as traffic I’m still on time for any meetings or important tasks. I check voice mail and the calendar, then plan my sit down work time around other things like meetings. I have learned how we can behave with professionalism, Teamwork, Time Management and Organization and Problem Solving,
Great
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 12, 2017
Great opportunity for students to earn a little cash while studying for classes. They worked with my school schedule and understood if I had to take a day off to prepare for a test.
good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 1, 2017
the environment is very relaxed. Very good place to work . The managers are very considerate of hours. The work with you on all questions and suggestions
Love my job
Transportation Dept. Assistant/Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 28, 2017
I love working at CSU in Transportation, this is my second time. My boss is terrific, hours and pay is great, upper management can be unpredictable. Benefits and atmosphere is very good.
Pros
Transportation Supervisor and Manager are Terrific.
Cons
Upper Management can be unpredictable.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONVERGYS (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 22, 2017
I feel that you work very hard and do not get paid fairly. Managers were very helpful and considerate. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all my residents. The most enjoyable would be planning events for the residents.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant - Greenhouse caretaker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 18, 2017
Government regulated job. Pay is set, no more than 20 hours per month. No benefits. Easy student work. Each student assistant job is different. most can come and go as they please
Pros
Easy
Cons
Low hours
Columbus State University is an excellent College to get a Master Degree in Special Education related )
Master in Special Education Program (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 22, 2017
The College is fair and lead toward expanding job opportunity in Special Education (interrelated). All students are required to serve several weeks of internship under the guidance of certifed school teacher prior to completion of the Masters Program.
Pros
Excellent University to attend
Cons
very nice and fun work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 13, 2017
working for these companies was very fun I enjoyed all of my coworkers it wasn't never a day I didn't want to work it was easy at times. the pay was reasonable with the job
Friendly work environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 11, 2017
Everyone was easy to work with and it was made very clear what was expected of you. They were willing to work around my class schedule. Overall relaxed working environment.
Great settting....
Coordinator of Disability Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 3, 2017
Fun and productive; great satisfaction in helping students and professors. Very low pay for degree and experience. Very busy at the beginning and end of the semesters.
Pros
Learning always ;
Cons
Low pay
A new learning experience
Adjunct Faculty Clinical Instructor BSN Program (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 17, 2017
A great environment that was conducive to learning and provided many challenging opportunities to interact with clients and provide positive outcomes.
Understaffed departments across campus cause issues
Admission Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Every department on campus is severely understaffed, which means the employees all have heavy burdens. Admissions, financial aid, and registrars have to step in for enrollment services frequently although it is not their job to sit at the front lines taking calls. If one person leaves a department, it takes months to train a new hire, and meanwhile the burden is placed on the rest of the staff to take up the workload with little help from management. The bonus is a two week break from the holiday, but the job is so demanding and stressful, that isn't even long enough to truly detox and relax. CSU only cares about increasing enrollment no matter the strain on the employees. Increasing the number of students but not the staff to handle and process them is causing the departments to suffer. Growth is great, but employees are not compensated. Raises are almost unheard of on campus. Admissions and recruitment are expected to increase numbers despite falling numbers across the country.
Pros
Paid time off and sick time accrual is quick
Cons
Severely understaffed and underpaid
NPACE Center Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 22, 2016
The atmosphere at CSU is amazing plus you have the added bonus of educated young people on a daily basis. This organization really has a sense of community.
Pros
people, equipment, students, staff
Cons
long days
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 29, 2016
I loved Columbus State University. I had an awesome experience working and also as a student. I would highly reccommend working experience and educational courses
Pros
free housing, free meal plan
Great undergraduate experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 18, 2016
I had the best time learning and growing professionally while working for Dominican College Residence Life. It was very rewarding helping the residents and becoming very involved with the school.
Student
Full Time Criminal Justice Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2016
Adequate , as promised studied and passing grades granted me my associates of applied science in criminal justice, a fundamental understanding of various aspects of the policing job market , and an understanding of the criminal laws and their applications.
A family at work away from home
CSU Work Study (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 2, 2016
I worked at Columbus State's Work Study program since 2012, and it has been a great experience I wouldn't want to forget the time I've had there. The work time was a maximum of 19 hours a week but was enough to give me time for myself and my school work. The people there are pretty sociable. Building a relationship with my bosses helped us build an environment that was like its a family here. I always informed them if I was going to run late. I try to make changes to my schedule ahead of time regardless of the ability to do it one day before the time I wanted to make a change to. It's definitely a first-step job for people. I'm happy I graduated so others can take my spot to get that experience I had.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Have to stretch the current work there sometimes to feel busy.
It's a great school
Full time- College Student (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 18, 2016
I currently a full time student looking for full-time work.
-a typical day at work is busy but fun
- the students there are great and friendly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare