Columbus State University

Columbus State University Employer Reviews

Fun environment around students
Military Science Instructor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 6, 2014
It is fun being around college students. It is easily one of the best jobs in the Army.
Productive work place and very flexible
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 2, 2014
A typical day of work consists of review student applications that are applying for admission into the university, working weekly reports, assisting with walk ins of students and parents, and responding to emails and phone calls. I have learned that it is very important to be organized and productive in the work force and to always provide the best – more... customer service. Even if I do not know that answer to a question that is proposed to me, I make sure I get them an answer before the day is out. The hardest part about the job is that they is no room for growth or improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers that I work with and the independence that I have when it comes to my daily tasks. – less
THE WORST
Web Developer (Former Employee), Columbus GaApril 17, 2014
Cons: pay
They don't pay anything. Many jobs want high level skills for LOW LOW pay 30k or less. Run from working IT at this school. They need to focus on hieing interns in their CS programs to fill needs because no one can survive with a 4 year degree on such low salary.
Productive place to work and study
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, lots of activities
Cons: small community
CSU offers a good quality education and opportunities for bright students to pursue their interests
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 16, 2014
Nice co-workers, high pressure environment. Be ready to work hard during the summer term.
Customer Service
Enrollment Service Center Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
Customer Service focused company. High production, high work load.
Columbus State University
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, GeorgiaJanuary 2, 2014
Columbus State University is a great opportunity to apply for a job and obtain education.
Interaction with students
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Columbus,gaSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: free schedule
Cons: lack of hours
I have learned to be patient and be able to explain difficulties to others. I have learned that not matter how hard a task is , i am able to teach others about it successfully.
Usually university setting
HVAC III (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: vacation & sick leave
Cons: on call every night.
Little room for advancement. Great benefits and work hours.
IT Department a fun place to work.
Project Management Officer (Current Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 15, 2013
Pros: 2- week christmas holiday break
Cons: working with faculty
A always changing environment due to technology changes. No long days. Great work/life balance place.
Wonderful
Certified Tutor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2013
Working for the school as a Certified Tutor has been wonderful. I have learned so much about teaching and working with struggling students 100% hands on. I love getting the emails at the end of the semester or after exams when students tell me they passed and it was all thanks to my help. I LOVE this job.
Simple and easy
Work/Study Student (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 3, 2013
Pros: not highly time consuming
Cons: no advancement opportunities
The hardest part of the job is getting familiar with the GI Bill benefits, and explaining to students that your office did not distribute money and thus was not responsible for why they did not receive their benefits. The job is tedius once learned, but important non the less.
Gained valuable experience as a student assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 9, 2013
My job as a student assistant at Columbus State consisted of greeting students and prospective students, answering questions, registering students for classes and taking payments both over the phone and in person.

I also was responsible for various tasks such as assisting during events, running reports and creating documents.

Management at Columbus – more... State University Continuing Education was very helpful and wasn't at all overbearing. They encouraged a friendly and supportive environment. My co-workers were all team players and great to work with.

The most difficult part of the job was the pay, but the flexibility of the schedule around classes made it worth while.

I truly enjoyed working with the students and learned quite a bit about educational institutions during my time at Columbus State University, as well as gained even more customer service experience. – less
Great atmosphere to work in.
Enrollment Services Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 15, 2012
My typical workday is interacting with students, parents, and faculty via phone and face-to-face. Issues range from financial aid inquiries to general questions about the university.

Management in my department is fantastic. They are very flexible when it comes to family issues.

My co-workers are definitely like my 2nd family. Home away from home.

The – more... hardest part of my job is the abundance of information that I am required to know. Changes happen frequently so keeping up can be taxing. The most enjoyable part is building relationships with the students and guiding them through an extremely crucial time in their lives. – less
interesting project
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 31, 2012
Used my language skills
Enjoy the diversity and earned a great experiences with working with French schools
Well managed organization
Instructor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: organized and you are always within the group of intellectuals.
Cons: salary is not competent to the other science industry.
My typical day includes several hours of office for preparing and designing lessons for the lecture. Also designing Labs for having a greater coherence between thew lecture and the scientific industry.
I learned how to correlate and prepare lecture with respect to the practicality of physics course. I love teaching the adults and class of 53 students.
Great opportunity to learn
Graduate Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 23, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
A typical day at the office consisted of creating and sending out emails to customers. Writing blogs on various class related topics, was big responsibility as well. The management team was extremely helpful and full of creativity. I learned so much about marketing and how customers see things. They made sure to include me in project planning and etc. – more... for my personal insight and learning experience. – less
flexible with my school hours
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GeorgiaMay 15, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: moody manager
Hardest part of the job is that when it was a slow day with nothing to do. When I was still on the clock I was not allowed to do my school work even though it was a work study job. I was not allowed to do anything but busy work that was unproductive such as moving files around to look busy. Management was very particular and moody. I learned how to – more... file student documents in the system after they applied to the university. – less
Great Work atmosphere
Student Assistant at Computer Help Desk (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 11, 2012
Pros: easy work days
Cons: limited to only 19 hours per week
Everyday at work is pretty simple. I assist students, prospective students, faculty, and staff with questions they may have regarding the school and assist with changing passwords for several different systems run by the school. Working with my co-workers and managers is great. It is a team effort all around. The hardest part about my job is sometimes – more... not being able to figure out exactly what help someone needs when they're not familiar with the school terminology and how things work on campus. – less
internship
Internship (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2012
Pros: completed graphic novel
Cons: wait time, collabration partner was busy
collaboration interhsip with teacher to construct a completed graphic novel.

I could do anything as long as I made the deadlines.

was fun, because I got to do what I love

About Columbus State University

CSU already offers four of the six courses required for the degree. Students will cover staffing and training development in the – Read more