Columbus Zoo Employee Reviews in United States

Solid entry-level job, working with great people
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHApril 12, 2016
A typical day as a seasonal worker was either selling tickets, working turnstiles, working rides, crowd control, or some sort of promotional event. In any position you learned how to work with customers and ensure that everyone could enter the Zoo safely and orderly. Management and my co-workers were great. They were very understanding and would always help out if need be. Being a customer service position the hardest part will always be dealing with unruly customers who you need to be patient with. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the ability to walk around the Zoo and enjoy the sites.
Fun and energetic workplace with greeting- taking photos .
Photography (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with very supportive of coworkers.
Real easy to learn/ Tanning process is a breeze.
Highly organized and Good manners.
Enjoyable and fun work enviroment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2015
Working in catering included transporting food from the kitchen to the event, setup and tear down of catered events, general cleanup of food pans and event site. I learned food preparation, and managing buffet line. The most difficult part of the job was busy serving times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
benefits
Fun work environment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work included inspecting and operating rides that were in the park. I learned how to operate the machines I was in charge of operating. The hardest part of my job was working in the harsh environmental elements.
Wonderful atmosphere and great co-workers
Membership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Membership OfficeJune 12, 2014
I just started working in the Membership office a few months ago and it already feels like home. My co-workers are fantastic and the leads make sure you really know what you're doing so that we can provide the best customer service possible. Besides the simple fact that you're working at a zoo, it's a fun place to work in general.
Pros
free admission into the zoo and zoombezi bay, discounts, you work at a zoo
Cons
it's customer service, so you get some nasty people - has nothing to do with the job itself, just people you find everywhere in the world
Fun work atmosphere
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2014
good work atmosphere and employment for summer job. Operated the rides, and insured safety during ride and throughout rides area.
Long days fly by
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2013
Lacking in compensation/benefits but a really fun and supportive work place.
Number one zoo and company and great place to work.
Management Internship and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 11, 2013
Provided me with training and a good Internship. Excellent development company and enjoyed my time working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbus Zoo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4