Colwen Hotel Management Employee Reviews

Big changes over the past year
front desk (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MASeptember 23, 2016
I have worked for company for 3 years. Was tougher at first but great changes. Very focused on associates. They listen and do Town Halls from the corporate office to see what we need or want. Love my managers and fellow employees
Pros
great managment
Unless you don't care about family or anything important don't work here
Slave (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MANovember 12, 2015
It's sad to say the only reason I stayed in this dead end job is because my coworkers were amazing. Management however has no problem putting you down infront of guests and coworkers. The pay is awful and not worth the stress they cause. There have been managers and new assistant general manager that have no problem making you cry (will bring up how bad a girls acne is during her shift) and brush it off like nothing was said. Aside from poor treatment the hours are dreadfully long and your pay is so bad it doesn't even help having long hours. Managers also don't like to back you up against angry guests and make you face all situations alone.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful management, long hours, awful pay, very toxic environment.
worst company to work for.
shuttle driver (Current Employee) –  chelsea,MaAugust 20, 2015
I'm a full-time shuttle driver for towne place suites, chelsea, Ma. It's run by colwenhotels, it's understaffed and the pay is horrible. They work you like a slave and no room for growth with the company. Management doesn't have people skills and only care about their budget. If you are looking for work please stay away from colwenhotels, You have been warned.
Pros
Cons
lack of management
NEVER work for them!
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  HamptonJune 22, 2015
Understaffed, Slave driven company. They care nothing of their employees and care nothing for their guests! Money Is their only care! There is no room or chance for growth in management for this company. If you're young and thirsty for success stay as far away as you can from this company! I Will NEVER work for this company again.
Cons
never had proper supplies to do job correctly
More about the bottom line than hospitaly
operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  PortsmouthApril 23, 2015
started very excited to grow my career with Colwen. They seemed to care more about the budget than providing guest services. I worked with the housekeepers and we were so under staffed that guest waited up to an hour for a room multiple times. I did love the overtime though my average work day was 7-10 hours that must have not looked good on the budget. Corporate does run the show and managers seem to have little say in decision making.
Pros
Still a growing company
Cons
little pay with lots of responsibility, understaffed, corporate run
You have been warned, stay away
maintenance (Former Employee) –  worcester, MAMarch 13, 2015
If you are serious about your career and dedicated to the work you do, stay away from Colwen. At Colwen, if you have not mastered the arts of deception, lying, breaking the law and treating others like dirt you will not see success. Colwen is a fledgling corporation that thrives on manipulation of others and you have to be willing to step over some bodies on the way to the top. Even if this means the company loses good people. I simply have no idea how companies like this stay in business. Read the reviews, heed the advise and stay away from this toxic wasteland.
Pros
They make themselves look good in the interview
Cons
The abuse and mistreatment at Colwen reached biblical levels. No kidding.

Comment – April 7, 2015

Thank you for your candid review of your employment experience. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to be an employer of choice in the New England area. We are happy to announce that we have assembled a new management team over the last few months that will be focusing on the employee experience as a whole, including training and development. Our priority is to promote our core values throughout all of our properties to offer a positive employee as well as guest experience. What are we all about? We are engaged and passionate. We work to win; make a difference. We strive above brand standards.

Comment – April 8, 2015

Thank you for your candid review of your employment experience. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to be an employer of choice in the New England area. We are happy to announce that we have assembled a new management team over the last few months that will be focusing on the employee experience as a whole, including associate relations, training and development as well as developing best practices. Our priority is to promote our core values throughout all of our properties to offer a positive employee as well as guest experience. What are we all about? We are engaged and passionate. We work to win; make a difference. We strive above brand standards.

Overall a good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 27, 2014
Beautiful hotels, but understaffed. Hotels offer good but not GREAT service. Most associates were very pleasant but lacked appropriate training to really do the job correctly.
Pros
clean, well kept properties
Cons
Understaffed
Not Good
Area Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 23, 2014
I did not enjoy my time at Colwen. The pay was low and the responsibility to high for the pay. Upper management was intimidating
Pros
Cons
too much work, to little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colwen Hotel Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2