Colwen Hotel Management

Colwen Hotel Management Employee Reviews

More about the bottom line than hospitaly
operations supervisor (Former Employee), PortsmouthApril 23, 2015
Pros: Still a growing company
Cons: little pay with lots of responsibility, understaffed, corporate run
started very excited to grow my career with Colwen. They seemed to care more about the budget than providing guest services. I worked with the housekeepers and we were so under staffed that guest waited up to an hour for a room multiple times. I did love the overtime though my average work day was 7-10 hours that must have not looked good on the budget. Corporate does run the show and managers seem to have little say in decision making.
You have been warned, stay away
maintenance (Former Employee), worcester, MAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: They make themselves look good in the interview
Cons: The abuse and mistreatment at Colwen reached biblical levels. No kidding.
If you are serious about your career and dedicated to the work you do, stay away from Colwen. At Colwen, if you have not mastered the arts of deception, lying, breaking the law and treating others like dirt you will not see success. Colwen is a fledgling corporation that thrives on manipulation of others and you have to be willing to step over some bodies on the way to the top. Even if this means the company loses good people. I simply have no idea how companies like this stay in business. Read the reviews, heed the advise and stay away from this toxic wasteland.

April 7, 2015

Thank you for your candid review of your employment experience. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to be an employer of choice in the New England area. We are happy to announce that we have assembled a new management team over the last few months that will be focusing on the employee experience as a whole, including training and development. Our priority is to promote our core values throughout all of our properties to offer a positive employee as well as guest experience. What are we all about? We are engaged and passionate. We work to win; make a difference. We strive above brand standards.

April 8, 2015

Thank you for your candid review of your employment experience. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to be an employer of choice in the New England area. We are happy to announce that we have assembled a new management team over the last few months that will be focusing on the employee experience as a whole, including associate relations, training and development as well as developing best practices. Our priority is to promote our core values throughout all of our properties to offer a positive employee as well as guest experience. What are we all about? We are engaged and passionate. We work to win; make a difference. We strive above brand standards.

Overall a good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee), New EnglandOctober 27, 2014
Pros: clean, well kept properties
Cons: understaffed
Beautiful hotels, but understaffed. Hotels offer good but not GREAT service. Most associates were very pleasant but lacked appropriate training to really do the job correctly.

About Colwen Hotel Management

Colwen Hotels provides full-service solutions customized to match each of our clients’ unique brands. We never assume one – Read more

Colwen Hotel Management Photos