Tri state area based Low Voltage Cable Company looking for individuals with technical and/or construction background to join our team of experienced communications technicians and installers. This is a full time position Monday thru Friday 8:00AM -- 4:30PM with occasional overtime, based on project(s)/emergency issues.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Installation and terminations of various types of low voltage cable such as voice, data, audio/video, security, HVAC control(s) and Fiber Optics.
- Building of communication rooms/closets with equipment racks and cable management pathway systems.
- Installations of EMT thin walled and galvanized conduit/pipe.
- Test, certify and troubleshoot all types of copper and fiber optic cable mediums.
- Perform moves, adds and changes (MAC) to existing communication systems and cable plants.
Successful Candidate(s) should posses the following:
- The ability to use basic hand tools.
- Must have the ability to work and communicate clearly with co workers, customers and other trades.
- Knowledge of all types of COPPER and FIBER OPTIC mediums for the following systems;
- Telephony (VoIP) & LAN Systems -
- Category 5E , 6, 6E, 6A, Multiomode and Single Mode Fiber Optic -
- Audio/ Video, Security -- Coax, SVGA, HDMI
- HVAC/BMS Control System(s) - Control Wire 18/2, 22/3
- Ability to install and bend "conduit" metallic pipe
- Electrical Line voltage
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a clean/neat appearance.
- Benefits package including medical, vacation pay, holiday pay and union pension.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Communications Workers of America - CWA union affiliation/membership.