Comanche County Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

My job
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes patient care. At the office I work for we see patients with complex medical problems and not always stable. I work hard to ensure that the patient I am dealing with have the best patient care possible. Each individual patient has a story and each story needs a strong medical professional to be part of it. My coworkers are all very dedicated to patient care, just like I am. We work together as a team to make the workplace as happy and as positive as possible, seeing that the patients we see do not want to be in the medical position that they are in. The hardest part of my job is seeing a patient that I have dear to my heart get more ill or even pass away. The best part of my job is watching my patients have a positive attitude and watching them strive to become healthier.
Stressful line of work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 14, 2015
Overall, I liked working for Comanche County Memorial Hospital as a paramedic. I was promoted to shift supervisor within 6 months of getting my paramedic license, so I like to think they saw something in me from the start.
On average, we ran about 600-700 calls in a months time, and that does start to take a toll, on the staff as well as the vehicles. Because I have a degree in automotive technology, I was always tasked with any minor repairs that were needed for the ambulances. When one needed to go to a shop, I was usually who the techs dealt with, because I knew what they were talking about.
The people I worked with were great. They came together as a team when it was needed and, for the most part, things were handled in house if a problem ever came up. I'm not one who is afraid to approach you and hash out any problems we may have. I'd say my piece and go about my work.
The hardest part of the job, by far, was the stress. I never realized how much of a negative impact it had on my life, as well as those around me, until I quit and my wife pointed it out. That's why I've decided that it's time to find something else to do. I've had my career as a medic, now on to something new.
I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of that job was those calls where you think a patient won't make it, and you're able to keep them alive, or even resuscitate them and get them to the hospital for better, more advanced care.
Pros
Good people, good benefits
Cons
Stressful
leaving my job and co-workers
Surgery/Pre-Certification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 10, 2015
Enjoyed my job, always learning new procedures and finding different ways to ease patients anxiety for surgery. Good rapport with all physicians and co-workers. Each day was always a challenge and very exciting.
its ok
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 29, 2015
its an ok work place, could be better, benefits and compensation could DEFINITELY be much much better, management doesn't always work the quickest.
I loved working at Comanche County Memorial
Material Management Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 21, 2015
It was a great place to work. I was there for over 13 years and went though a lot of changes in the healthcare business. I had a great Director that taught my a lot about the business. I'm grateful for the knowledge and wisdom he provided my over the 13 years I worked under him.
Pros
This job was a very fun job
RADIOLOGY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 7, 2015
In this job i would transport patients from their rooms to the labs for testing. I had a wonderful time in this job i hated leaving
I am self motivated, very dependable,and passionate person abut my work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work consist of my being at CCMH, thirty minutes early so I can see what is to be done for the day. I work the pm shift with just myself and my nurse. If there are no cases we pull cases for the next day, pull the instruments for the first cases of the day. I put up all the extras that were pulled that day that wasn't used for what ever reason. I have learned so much here; from reading prefrence cards to successfully performing cases with confidence.This is a result of great management, and wonderful staff. every one of my co-workers are great not only professionally but personaly as-well. I am twice there age and yet they still welcomed me in with open arms.The hardest part of my job is being in the OR all night and not getting the next days cases pulled for my team members. The most enjoyable thing is knowing that the patient is better when they leave the OR then when they arrived.
Pros
Gratification
Cons
I really can't think of any
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 21, 2015
Gained lots of experience. Management tried to accommodate as much as possible. Great organization! Continuing education provided. Teamwork!
Pros
hours, insurance, experience
A productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3401 W Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505March 15, 2015
Comanche County Memorial Hospital was a great places to work. A typical day at work was running around and take care of patients. I learned a lot like how to on hook a IV and etc.. The management was great and I couldn`t ask for better management. I enjoy working with the co-worker. But their were some co-worker that I just didn`t understand why they even came to work some days and that was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of work was take care of the patients.
productive and fun workplace
Great job for opportunity and experience.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 12, 2015
Working at Comanche County Memorial has been a great experience overall. On the job, I have learned all the tasks that make up a Buyer position, and have realized I truly love it. A typical day at work consists of placing special orders for all the departments I am in charge of, monitoring those orders, tracking, receiving, etc. I also work to resolve any invoices that come across with issues whether it's a pricing discrepancy, wrong item number, or different UOM. I work with vendors on a daily basis to locate the best prices, item information, and to maintain a good standing relationship. My job allows me to perform my duties with minimal supervision. If need be, I always ask for help, or ask questions pertaining to situations that may arise where I am not fully positive on what to do without a second opinion from either my manager, or theirs. My co-workers and I work as a team, which is great if any of us miss work for whatever reason. They are reliable and I am the same in return. The hardest part of the job would be on days where work is overwhelming due to orders and department requests coming in at such a high volume that it will put any other projects or duties on hold. Time management is definitely a huge part of my job and helps to ensure I do complete everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is finally finding what I love to do. I am grateful for when the opportunity came about for this position. It has given me a better sense of direction in where I would like to go career-wise.
Cons
position underpaid.
Smile while they stab you in the back
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 31, 2014
I really enjoyed my job and my co-workers. It was management and upper management that caused me to look elsewhere for a job.

Advancement within the hospital depends on WHO YOU KNOW and not what you know or your credentials.

Management cowered to upper management to defend the underlings.

They expect you to work all kinds of crazy hours and not get compensated

The upper management is too busy getting their pockets lined than to care about the basic safety of employees/patients/residents.

There are serious SAFETY issues but because of the board members owning most of the contractors lots of stuff is over looked when it is not done according to specifications. JHACO really needs to make a surprise inspection
dependable
Medical Assitant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OkDecember 15, 2014
• Worked 12 hour night shifts.

• Provided care at patient’s homes.

• gave meds

• performed glucose test

• documented patient information

• Assisted with daily care and medical needs.
Good Hospital
Do Not Wish to Provide Job Title (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 11, 2014
Comanche County Memorial Hospital is a good place to work in Lawton, Oklahoma. Good benefits. Reasonable pay.
productive work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 9, 2014
work is fun and has it moments but I enjoy work. I enjoy working with the patients and talking with them.
Enjoyable, mostly
CST (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 8, 2014
Loved the surgeons and fellow techs. Had a problem keeping enough techs hired however due to non competitive pay.
To sum it up a great work place
Supervisor Dee Smith (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 7, 2014
Over all a great place to work. The IT Department is very will put together.
Pros
great place to network.
Cons
mistakes aren't taking lightly
See previous review. Great place to work
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist, LPN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 23, 2014
Great supervisors, great co-workers. I definitely miss working there.
Not a place for advancement or compensation
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 13, 2014
A typical day at CCMH entails being belittled and berated by doctors, nurses, and administration. What I have learned from working here is that people suck. The immediate management is pretty cool. They try. My coworkers are pretty cool too. The hardest part of the day is having to smile and be polite while enduring the onslaught of insults, threats, and general loathing demonstrated toward the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can leave.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
people outside that lab have no clue as to what we need
Not great environment.
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 29, 2014
The employees are very cliquish, management unstable, workloads were not safe. I felt as though my nursing license was at risk.
Fast paced environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 9, 2014
I learned more about feet and ankles more than what I had known about how diabetes had affected them.
Pros
payroll deduction on medications and meals
Cons
not very much time for a break, being the only nurse for the only podiatrist