Comanche County Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital employer of perfusion services
Staff Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 2, 2017
As a hospital employee I found the hospital to be fair and one of the better hospital settings for employment.
The specific cardiac team was very established and familiar with all the aspects of open heart procedures accomplished at this institution, and demonstrated a caring and familial attitude toward all of the team members.
The patient's welfare and outcome was always the priority, and the surgeons and staff made certain that this was at the forefront of any procedure and that all staff members were on board with the patient care philosophies of the hospital and the surgeons.
Pros
good benefits for a hospital system
Very stressful place to work at .
PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 1, 2016
Working as Paramedic at this company is stressful and unrewarding . Low pay , expensive benefits package , no advancement opportunities and no future . It is only good place to start working there , if you have no experience , get some experience and move to other place . Their units are old with very poor maintenance , just getting by . They hire anyone with peace of paper in hand and that relates to quality of personnel . There are some good and experienced Paramedics , but only handful . Moral is awful and turn over is high .
Pros
Busy place, will get experience to move on to other company .
Cons
Too many to list .
Great family oriented work place
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 9, 2016
Working at Comanche County Memorial was great. My coworkers and employers were great people. The only reason I am looking for other employment is because of the compensation being so low.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
compensation
Committed, Dedicated ,Loyalty ,do well
Project floor technician lead (Current Employee) –  3401W Gore Blvd ;Lawton, OkFebruary 3, 2017
Over all Management ,Hospital staff and Housekeeping do well to be in position at all times to patients and visiting family's
Pros
Cons
Managing how to do assignment for safety of all
Like the job, hate the town
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 22, 2016
Most days are busy enough to make the time go by fast. Supervisors are supportive and provide constructive feedback. Through training from my coworkers and supervisor I am confident in my abilities to do my job here. We always get a 15 minute break and a half hour lunch. One of the downsides is that the cafeteria food is horrible (pack your lunch!) and they are very strict about overtime. You have to clock out at 8 hours on the dot. My coworkers help out when we are short staffed and if I have a conflict with my schedule they are willing to trade shifts to get adequate coverage.

Also if you're moving to Lawton from out of state - this is a good place to work. A hospital is a hospital is a hospital. Lawton is like a bubble with nothing to do. I wouldn't recommend living here unless you had to and this whole town is stuck in the 90s. Pay is reflected in that. Living in Oklahoma is cheap so you get paid less.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, supportive supervisors, breaks
Cons
Lawton, cafeteria food is bad
fun some times
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 26, 2016
not a good place to work at sometimes u have to work long hours stay for people who sometimes dont show up for workand when peolpe who do work dont get recgonzie.
Pros
ok place
Cons
u use ur work badge for everything
its alright
Customer service to patients (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 24, 2017
very busy at times but some people always helped you out. I enjoy what I did in the beginning but now things have changed. There atmosphere is different.
It is a job
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Being a phlenbotmist is quite taxing, and demanding. The best part of the job is satisfied patients. The culture is good and everyone gets along and works efficiently.
Poor management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 24, 2016
The clinic has lack of experience in management, favoritism, and is disorganized. I love my coworkers and my doctors, but everything else has started to get out of control.
great place to use your skills, short staff and sometimes unprofessional
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 26, 2016
great place to use your skills, short staff and sometimes unprofessional. low pay. Some doctors are very unprofessional, some are great to work with. strict time management is needed along with critical thinking

Want to know more about Comanche County Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Very professional and a very fun and rewarding place to work
Lead ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 7, 2016
this job was very high tempo and the people that surrounded you were at the top of their game. The management was very approachable and eager to help you learn as well as they rewarded you for your hard work and dedication .
Poor environment
Oklahoma (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 7, 2016
When apply better have experience to be pay better! The workers are very friendly at times and you meet wonderful people that come in!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad work ethics
Student's Review of Internship
Internship - Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 11, 2016
It was a nice internship. We all got letters of recommendation at the end, and the work was constant and challenging.

As students, we worked hard to produce a website and database combo for the CCMH to use for the staff and patients.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Client was a bit hard to work with
Great
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the job, it kept me busy and I helped guests by answering questions or directing them where they needed to go, providing information. I made sure doctor orders were followed through by giving the orders to the nurses, send requisitions to departments for patient treatment. Enter information into computer, make sure charts are maintained and kept. I enjoyed the routine and helping others. The hardest part of the job was making sure that every detail was accurate, but I checked and rechecked all information to make sure all information was accurate.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
You will receive good on the job experience.
Blood Bank Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed my coworkers. The hospital is a county hospital as well as a level III trauma center. We receive all major traumas and is the busiest hospital in Southwest Oklahoma.
Wonderful place to work
Linen Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 28, 2016
This place really like to invest in itself and it's employees. This place will be a large hospital one day because it believes in growing the services
Pros
Discounts
Benefits
always wanting employees to improve themselves
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 24, 2016
The hospital always wanting employees to improve themselves. They would work around school schedules as needed, as well as providing employees with financial assistance with educational goals.
Pros
going back to school
My job
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes patient care. At the office I work for we see patients with complex medical problems and not always stable. I work hard to ensure that the patient I am dealing with have the best patient care possible. Each individual patient has a story and each story needs a strong medical professional to be part of it. My coworkers are all very dedicated to patient care, just like I am. We work together as a team to make the workplace as happy and as positive as possible, seeing that the patients we see do not want to be in the medical position that they are in. The hardest part of my job is seeing a patient that I have dear to my heart get more ill or even pass away. The best part of my job is watching my patients have a positive attitude and watching them strive to become healthier.
Fun workplace/ great experience
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 26, 2016
Loved working Women's Services and my coworkers were awesome. I obtained many various and useful skills while working here, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
A productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3401 W Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505March 15, 2015
Comanche County Memorial Hospital was a great places to work. A typical day at work was running around and take care of patients. I learned a lot like how to on hook a IV and etc.. The management was great and I couldn`t ask for better management. I enjoy working with the co-worker. But their were some co-worker that I just didn`t understand why they even came to work some days and that was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of work was take care of the patients.
productive and fun workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comanche County Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

81%