Comanche County Memorial Hospital

Comanche County Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

This job was a very fun job
RADIOLOGY AIDE (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMay 7, 2015
In this job i would transport patients from their rooms to the labs for testing. I had a wonderful time in this job i hated leaving
I am self motivated, very dependable,and passionate person abut my work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Lawton, OKMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Gratification
Cons: I really can't think of any
A typical day at work consist of my being at CCMH, thirty minutes early so I can see what is to be done for the day. I work the pm shift with just myself and my nurse. If there are no cases we pull cases for the next day, pull the instruments for the first cases of the day. I put up all the extras that were pulled that day that wasn't used for what ever reason. I have learned so much here; from reading prefrence cards to successfully performing cases with confidence.This is a result of great management, and wonderful staff. every one of my co-workers are great not only professionally but personaly as-well. I am twice there age and yet they still welcomed me in with open arms.The hardest part of my job is being in the OR all night and not getting the next days cases pulled for my team members. The most enjoyable thing is knowing that the patient is better when they leave the OR then when they arrived.
LPN (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMarch 21, 2015
Pros: hours, insurance, experience
Gained lots of experience. Management tried to accommodate as much as possible. Great organization! Continuing education provided. Teamwork!
A productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), 3401 W Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505March 15, 2015
Comanche County Memorial Hospital was a great places to work. A typical day at work was running around and take care of patients. I learned a lot like how to on hook a IV and etc.. The management was great and I couldn`t ask for better management. I enjoy working with the co-worker. But their were some co-worker that I just didn`t understand why they even came to work some days and that was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of work was take care of the patients.
productive and fun workplace
Great job for opportunity and experience.
Buyer (Current Employee), Lawton, OKMarch 12, 2015
Cons: position underpaid.
Working at Comanche County Memorial has been a great experience overall. On the job, I have learned all the tasks that make up a Buyer position, and have realized I truly love it. A typical day at work consists of placing special orders for all the departments I am in charge of, monitoring those orders, tracking, receiving, etc. I also work to resolve any invoices that come across with issues whether it's a pricing discrepancy, wrong item number, or different UOM. I work with vendors on a daily basis to locate the best prices, item information, and to maintain a good standing relationship. My job allows me to perform my duties with minimal supervision. If need be, I always ask for help, or ask questions pertaining to situations that may arise where I am not fully positive on what to do without a second opinion from either my manager, or theirs. My co-workers and I work as a team, which is great if any of us miss work for whatever reason. They are reliable and I am the same in return. The hardest part of the job would be on days where work is overwhelming due to orders and department requests coming in at such a high volume that it will put any other projects or duties on hold. Time management is definitely a huge part of my job and helps to ensure I do complete everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is finally finding what I love to do. I am grateful for when the opportunity came about for this position. It has given me a better sense of direction in where I would like to go career-wise.
Smile while they stab you in the back
Prefer not to say (Former Employee), Lawton, OKDecember 31, 2014
I really enjoyed my job and my co-workers. It was management and upper management that caused me to look elsewhere for a job.

Advancement within the hospital depends on WHO YOU KNOW and not what you know or your credentials.

Management cowered to upper management to defend the underlings.

They expect you to work all kinds of crazy hours and not get compensated

The upper management is too busy getting their pockets lined than to care about the basic safety of employees/patients/residents.

There are serious SAFETY issues but because of the board members owning most of the contractors lots of stuff is over looked when it is not done according to specifications. JHACO really needs to make a surprise inspection
dependable
Medical Assitant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lawton, OkDecember 15, 2014
• Worked 12 hour night shifts.

• Provided care at patient’s homes.

• gave meds

• performed glucose test

• documented patient information

• Assisted with daily care and medical needs.
Good Hospital
Do Not Wish to Provide Job Title (Former Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 11, 2014
Comanche County Memorial Hospital is a good place to work in Lawton, Oklahoma. Good benefits. Reasonable pay.
productive work place
CNA (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 9, 2014
work is fun and has it moments but I enjoy work. I enjoy working with the patients and talking with them.
Enjoyable, mostly
CST (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 8, 2014
Loved the surgeons and fellow techs. Had a problem keeping enough techs hired however due to non competitive pay.
To sum it up a great work place
Supervisor Dee Smith (Former Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great place to network.
Cons: mistakes aren't taking lightly
Over all a great place to work. The IT Department is very will put together.
See previous review. Great place to work
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist, LPN (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 23, 2014
Great supervisors, great co-workers. I definitely miss working there.
Not a place for advancement or compensation
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers are nice
Cons: people outside that lab have no clue as to what we need
A typical day at CCMH entails being belittled and berated by doctors, nurses, and administration. What I have learned from working here is that people suck. The immediate management is pretty cool. They try. My coworkers are pretty cool too. The hardest part of the day is having to smile and be polite while enduring the onslaught of insults, threats, and general loathing demonstrated toward the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can leave.
Not great environment.
ER RN (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJune 29, 2014
The employees are very cliquish, management unstable, workloads were not safe. I felt as though my nursing license was at risk.
Fast paced environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJune 9, 2014
Pros: payroll deduction on medications and meals
Cons: not very much time for a break, being the only nurse for the only podiatrist
I learned more about feet and ankles more than what I had known about how diabetes had affected them.
multiple settings to work in
COTA/L (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMay 18, 2014
Multiple settings to work in a plus: Acute care, Outpatient, Inpatient rehab and SNF. Good Coworkers. Minus- Productivity valued over patient care
Great experiences
Clinical Charge Nurse, Cardiovascular Care Unit (Current Employee), Lawton, OKMarch 31, 2014
Pros: self-scheduling, collaborative colleagues
Cons: pay, inconsistent rules/policies
I have enjoyed my first 2 years as an RN at CCMH. I have learned a lot, and continue to learn a lot each day. I have been spending more time picking up shifts in the ICU and will be pursuing positions within an organization's critical care area. It's nice to work with smart, competent nurses. I have learned so much about cardiac medicine including the variety of people cardiac disease affects. I enjoy educating my patients and their families. I love the fast-paced environment. I am thankful for the invention of telemetry! I love that I am able to anticipate patient's needs and possible status changes. I love being a nurse.
decent work place
Head Medical Biller (Former Employee), lawton okMarch 29, 2014
Decent workplace poor wages...great coworkers and managers.
Productive and fun to work with employees
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Lawton, OKDecember 26, 2013
Pros: discount at gift shop and cafeteria
Good place to work at. Nice people and environment. Good benefits. Approachable and friendly bosses.
I enjoyed meeting the patients,talking with them and making them smile.
Greeter (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: to see the patient leave with a smile.
Cons: not everyone is going to be nice, but as long as i am doing what i can to uplift them i am happy.
Working in a hospital setting you have to remember that the patients are sick, so my job is to try to make their experience as pleasant as possible.

Comanche County Memorial Hospital Salaries