Comanche County Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Line Cook
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 16, 2018
Job duties were short order cook, food prep, & cleaning. The pay was not very good, but the work environment was great. Co-workers & management were all great.
A productive work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 15, 2018
I loved getting up and going to work. everyone was very outgoing and worked well together as a team.. Staff would always makes sure if they are needed anywhere to give a helping hand
Pros
Great staff
Cons
sometimes no breaks
I enjoyed working there, preferred not to leave
Denials and Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  3201 W Gore blvd, Lawton okDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed work there, however, I was frustrated when there was a reduction in force, and I was out of a job for no reason. My record there was impeccable, but I was one of the ones chosen for the reduction in force. Left a bad taste in my mouth as a way to do business and treat people.
Continuous improvement
Chief Nursing Officer / Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 11, 2017
Growing and maturing healthcare company with new engaging management. New nursing culture with emphasis in quality. The Joint Commission accreditation. Embrracing continuous improvement.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 8, 2017
I left due to the hours conflicting with my schedule. The work load as an LPN on the floor is hectic at times, but it is a great place to work, and great people work there.
great place to work
Environmental Services, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 6, 2017
typical day I go in and clean rooms

I learned what chemical are what and what works best where.

Management was awesome

workplace was respectable

hardest part of the job was dealing with rude patience

Most enjoyable part was after lunch.
Pros
flex pay and PTO
Cons
hateful patience...rude nurses
Horrible management and drama
ER person (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 28, 2017
Management is horrible. I see it a lot in the ER. Management constantly talking down to their coworkers, constant gossiping, unprofessional attitudes.
Pros
Food in cafeteria
Cons
Management, drama, patient care
Busy pacu
Registered Nurse/PACU (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73505October 17, 2017
The unit itself had a lot of busy days and although everyone usually had a specific patient they cared for right after surgery, everyone would still look out for each other if needed.
Stable job with cafeteria
Histotechnologist (HTL) (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 3, 2017
Enjoyable work place with relatively good job stability. The food in the cafeteria is acceptable. Numerous chances for advancement in personal knowledge not so much in position.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Nive
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 15, 2017
Nice place to work for experience. Salary not the best, but definitely a great place to start your career. Would recommend for a fresh out school RT or nurse.

Want to know more about Comanche County Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 1, 2017
Nice place to work if you know the right people. Noisy coworkers and people talking badly behind your back. At times had to do work that had nothing to do with my work description.
Like a reality show
Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 25, 2017
I witnessed a code where most of the crash cart equipment was malfunctioning. Too much drama. Punishment for not getting involved in drama. Plenty of backstabbing to go around.
Pros
Breaks existed
Cons
Drama, rushed orientation
Nice facility to work in
Job duties as Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 16, 2017
Comanche County Memorial Hospital was a nice place to work but did not pay employees very well. It is a good learning hospital. This hospital has a lot of politics.
Great place to learn
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 11, 2017
CCMH is a great starting point to new and student nurses. Unfortunately, because it's county owned the pay isn't great. The patients are from all walks of life which prepares you to work wherever.
collections
Collections, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed being able to help patients arrange to make payments on the balances they owed. We had a charity program that we could evaluate someones finances to be able to have the balances written off.
Loved it here!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 5, 2017
Great patient to staff ratio...Some days it is really faced paced and others it has a great balance. Management is always on it. There is always a meeting before work to center you around the incoming and out going information you may have missed while away. The best part about the job is the communication between the shifts and the co-workers.

The hardest part is really determined by each nurse!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Some times late on coming shift..weather related
Fast paced environment
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 1, 2017
CCMH is a good place to get a lot of experience really quickly. Management is a little hit & miss. Could better defend employees with disgruntled patients & families. You become a family with your coworkers. You will develop think skin while also losing all fear of body fluids.
Pros
Good benefits, pretty flexible shifts
Cons
some missed lunches, pay could be better
Nice place
CNA, EMT (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 1, 2017
The overall rating ofvthis place would be at least a 4 star. The most people would complain about would be the pay rate. The pay is only a reflection of the economy of surrounding communities. Great benefit package as well as advancement opportunities.
Not really sure how I felt about this job.
PART TIME MOTHER/BABY UNIT STAFF, CARING (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed the people and Mom's. Many Doc's were old fashioned and expected you to make rounds with them with a cart and all of the charts...I worked with a great LC. Staff was nice too.
Enjoyable
floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73505July 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The atmosphere was always pleasant and always had good staff and management. Very proactive with technology and improving their staff.