Comau

Comau Employer Reviews

unorganized
Material Administration (Current Employee), Novi, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: pays bills
Cons: short breaks, long hours, very strssful, unorganized, poorly planned.
very stressful, long hours everyday of the week! Poor management.
A big company to advance at and learn
Painter. / assy linerworker (Current Employee), Novi, MIJune 24, 2014
I love what i do for the company you get to learn things you don't know
long hours, fair pay, don't expect long term employment
Simulation Engineer (contract) (Former Employee), Southfield, MichiganJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: 11-12 hour a day, 5-6 days a week and some sundays
As a contract employee you know that your employment is temporary, 55-65% are contract employees.
Most of my co-workers were nice people, but most are over-worked. You can plan on working 62 plus hours a week until the job is over or they don't need you anymore.
The hardest part of the job was trying to understand what they wanted done based on the lack of direction or the process direction constantly changing.
The best part of the job was developing a simulation process that was better than they had expected, both in function and cycle time.
very dis-organized
robotic (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJune 17, 2013
Cons: terrible management. no expertise or too much blowing smoke and pointing the finger.
company is a complete disastor in north america. robotic division is a joke with no real expertise.
what a joke!
manufacturing manager (Former Employee), novi - autotechMay 6, 2013
Cons: the company
This was the most toxic work environment I have EVER worked in. That's saying a lot seeing I've been in automotive for 30 years. HR is absolutely NOT to be trusted, the Director of Manufacturing surrounded himself with yes men, butt-kissers, and do-nothings and these guys are passing judgement on everything. If you want a career choice - DON'T WORK HERE.
WORST PLACE EVER if you have a brain and can use it.
fun workplace
Panel Wire/Enclosure Assembly (Former Employee), Novi, MIApril 25, 2013
Pros: payed breaks
Cons: short breaks
read and interpret drawings of blueprints, how to use a gauging device.
A very good place to work.
Electrician (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: a very good job.
Cons: i found no cons with this employer.
I never was bored. Each day, there was a different or new job to either repair or troubleshoot.
Learned lots PLC-pro 7 logic software on twenty different machines and went to school many times to become very good at modifying and programing software.
Most co-workers were fun and helpful at all times.
Hardest part of my job was learning all about these different types of machines.
Most enjoyable part of the job was be a part of the team.
Worst experience EVER
Former employer (Former Employee), Southfield, MiDecember 7, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This place is a joke. Management in positions simply because they knew someone. No skills, lack of experience, completely incompetent. HR department is a joke too. Cram policy and procedure down your throat and fail to respond to the needs or complaints of workers or adhere/enforce their own policies. Totally toxic environment here and better to be unemployed than work here.
Only the people at the top who are a part of the good ol boy network get raises all the time yet they continue to run the place into the ground. Always looking for a scapegoat to take the heat of their failures.
IT Department was ok until the changing of the leaders. Now it's a real mess.
Totally disorganized and bite off more than they can chew so employees are made to work ungodly hours with no thanks or appreciation in the end. And the cycle repeats itself. A thankless job that has no concept of family life. Expected to be on call 24/7.
And expect to always hear about what their old company was like. (If their old company was so great then why did they leave?; do some research and you will discover that it was because they were fired)
Complete waste of a company. Run away and don't look back!!
This Corporation has no clue.
worker (Former Employee), SouthfieldNovember 27, 2012
Pros: i left as quick as possible
Cons: i couldn't leave fast enough
This was my absolute worst job ever , the management team has no clue , and the staff is full of backbiters , and people who plot against each other constantly. My boss was always conniving and unable to manage negotiations or implement a project. i tried to put in my proper 2 weeks notice , He yelled at me for quitting and he quit himself 2 weeks later . I knew in the first 3 days , that I could not work or stay there long . They have no clue , Professionalism will never be in the list of words they use.
Most unprofessional work environment
ttyypppwww (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 20, 2012
Pros: i left!
Cons: read review- too many to name
Comau is the worst company. I left because it was very unprofessional and uncomfortable as I was harassed every day, especially by my boss! There is no protection of privacy, a lot of uneducated people working in high positions who do not know how to do their job, you will not get a raise, management can't make a decision even if their life depended on it, and you will go nowhere in your career. There is a lot of interoffice turmoil and turnover is high.

November 27, 2012

Comau is the absolute worst ever

complete joke of a company
left (Former Employee), sfldNovember 2, 2012
Pros: example: none
Cons: no raises, poor mgmt, lost money for decade straight
This company has gone severly downhill in the last few years. Would not recommend this company to anyone with a brain.

November 20, 2012

Agreed!

November 27, 2012

They are awful

I like my job of working and with all types of machine.
Machine Tool Electrician (Former Employee), Warren, MIOctober 31, 2012
Where a technolgy driven industry I learn something new every day.