Combined Insurance Employee Reviews

great culture and training
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, NZDecember 11, 2017
I loved the place but couldn't keep up the hard work for little pay. There where very long hours and great potential for large salaries but at the start it is hard to make the money.
Pros
training, culture
Cons
no benefits, no salary, just commissions
Difficult job with constant travel
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Job would have been more enjoyable in a more populous area. Remote areas of Montana offer fewer potential sales with a lot more work hours required to achieve weekly goals.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Quotas
Managed and sales
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  SanAntonioNovember 27, 2017
I managed sales activities of market segment developing and implementing strategic sales plans. Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates; forecast sales activities and assist in setting performance goals. I analyze sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales; advise dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques. I directly supervised a staff that performed various support services. and sales, .
Traveling sales, great training and customers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2017
Selling on a route while visiting existing base of business. Fun fast paced environment with lots of travel in the mountain states. Residual income is a great motivator.
poor
Disability Insurance Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Western Mass.November 21, 2017
Required to work many more hours with little compensation. Lack of guidance and follow-up. Poor leadership. Excessive mileage with less than adequate compensation for same.
Pros
Received Broker's licence paid for by Combined.
Cons
Unfairly paid
Hard work
Territory Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PANovember 21, 2017
The environment is good. People are willing to help. Changes of positions too frequent. Your pay is based upon whether customers keep their policies. even if you make preparations to avoid cancelations you can get hit with large chargebacks that can affect your lifestyle.
Pros
good benefits, recognition of job well done
Cons
chargebacks, hiring large volume with no help
Misleading company
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 17, 2017
They make it seem so easy to sell their products truth is the products are high priced and most people around here can't afford them. When I left the company my manger made fun of me for being heavy set and my choice of places to eat. I enjoyed the people I worked with and meeting new people each day. The company eventually dropped some of the products I was selling because of high cost and the poverty stricken area in which I live.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours uncertain pay.
Combined
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  NHNovember 16, 2017
Your success is what you make of it. Wonderful support from the company. They send you to Chicago to Sales School on their dime and a Manager works with you for the first 4-5 weeks in the field.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 13, 2017
I would recommend combined insurance a great place to work. it has lots of room for advancement there for anyone to have and work. If you are willing to learn, well you have made great choice
fun.place to work and the ability to earn an unlimited income
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 8, 2017
A good place to work but highly competitive. Free training trip, all expense paid. Numerous trips for top performers and their partner. Constant training.
Cons
Commission based

Want to know more about Combined Insurance?

Ask a question
Very unprofessional enviroment with poor
Claim Processor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 6, 2017
Answering phones and being harassed. Learned about various policies and benefits. Very poor management team, they have favorites and make it very obvious. No room for advancement or growth and being ridden continuously. Working with customers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management and very unorganized.
Average
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Eastern NCNovember 5, 2017
Difficult products to sell near military bases unless there is a large non military population.
Low commission rates and no travel expenses paid.
Long travel with low money return.
Travel
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 5, 2017
I worked a lot of hours selling insurance, a lot of time on the road traveling from town to town and state to state. Selling and Collecting premiums. Long days and a lot of time away from family
Boring
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 31, 2017
This company became boring to work for minimum opportunities for advancement charge backs on pay checks small margin small commissions pay was barely livable
Very hard and extremely demanding
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 29, 2017
A typical day at work was consisting of driving to peoples homes or businesses and then pitching different sorts of insurance for various needs, based all from the given interaction. I loved what I would do, when helping those people, especially selling cancer protection policies which didn't pay nearly as much to myself; Yet, offered the MOST VALUABLE kind of preparation to someone whom had been affected by such a devastating and nasty disease. The commission rate was 20% for cancer-protection policies and in most cases the benefits included well over $300,000.00 of protection. I am saying also, that the hardest part of the job was staying motivated. The best part was sleeping well at night knowing you did your absolute best in order to give a well deserved, piece of mind to the individuals you've encountered; And their families.
Pros
Awesome benefits, and Hours are up to you.
Cons
Bad pay scale, almost impossible to catch up to distinguished professionals in the field
Insurance Sales
Health and Life Insurance Salesman (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2017
Only problem I had was that it was strictly commissioned based and wasnt able to work solely based on commission at the time. The Commission was a great deal I thought but they advanced you 9 months of it and this created a lot of future chargebacks that I couldnt check back up to be able to keep selling.
Pros
Great opportunites
Cons
Hard to sell policies and keep them current customers.
Productive but Stressful
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of serving as a top producer and leader in the Carolinas. Provided motivational speaking, training, team development, and leadership to agents in North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina. Worked towards developing the Southeastern Region of the United States. The hardest parto fothe job was when the agents would struggle and in many cases, leave the organization. The highlight was seeing the agent excel financially and educationally.
Pros
Seeing agent excel financially and in education
Cons
the high level of attrician
sucked
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 21, 2017
Company was poorly managed the management did everything they told you not to do. There were days like your great do you want to take on more responsibility and two days later we going to fire you if you don't step up. Unbelievable bull
Pros
Cons
every aspectabout the company
Good place to work but low pay
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2017
Combined is a good place to work but the pay is low for what you have to do as a specialist. The hours that you need to work and get out are not so good especially for those who have kids.
Pros
Very nice management
Cons
Pay is low and the hours are late
Company has changed tremendously
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed my position with Combined. They offered exceptional training for employees and opportunities for advancement. You can make any amount of money you desire.
Pros
unlimited income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.