Combined Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  KansasJuly 19, 2016
A lot of hours and driving though but it is a great company with a wonderful team. a lot of hours ..... First day at work was great . i nice demo and a little bit of idea about how the policies works.
As for the co workers, there was a lot of good and nice people they are like family. The most enjoyabke part of the job is talking to people and protecting their familes
Pros
Hotels are paid for and also dinner
Cons
Anything sales is a hard job
I love my work!
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2016
I actually help people improve their benefit situation and provide them with financial protection during times of crisis. I really enjoy knowing I'm doing a good work for someone and making a great living in the process!
Would not recommend
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  KyJune 28, 2016
They make it sound good but don't tell you about chargebacks so you can go for weeks still working but get no pay,pay structure is crazy
Pros
Cons
Weeks with no pay due to chargebacks
No work life balance, greedy and unprofessional
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 23, 2016
No support or structure and training was minimal. Most senior agents that were lifted up as examples were self- absorbed and contributed nothing unless it immediately benefitted them. Rudeness abounded and mocked clients behind their backs.
Cares not about employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
I was in a car accident while on my way to see a client. I called a coworker who came to pick me up. The Territory Manager yelled because I missed the appointment and then asked if I was coming to work the next day, which was Saturday, while I was in the ER being seen about from my wreck. I almost forgot, their workers comp would not pay for my hospital bills and medicine because they said I was not on the clock and there was no proof I was on my way to see a client.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Everything else
combined insurance
Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 20, 2016
The outlets of combined, as in the territories that have alternate management struggle with keeping agents. At end of day the culture was APV.
There needed to be more structural training with management with communication.
This is a position of servicing clients and i found it hard to just service clients and then have management only concerned about a sale which help their numbers for the quarter.
Another hardship was being used to promote managers plan and put your time to assist and sacrifice sales and not get promoted, being the reason that production of numbers were only looked at.
There was a lack of promoting within even when VP commented that hiring from outside does not work and employees don't last. The past 5 years proved statistic and still there is a passing over those who have dedicated time to be promoted.
Great Motivational Company to work for - For the New Agent!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 20, 2016
You get to learn how to really sell at Sales School in Chicago well actually Brookfield, Illinois for two weeks. You get trained on the Success System that Never Fails. I have fun learning about W. Clement Stone, the author of The Success System that Never Fails and his methods for creating the PMA. Positive Mental Attitude Movement. I re-learned how to motivate myself for Direct Selling. IF you're not a people person or a person who doesn't like SELLING, this company is NOT for you. I got a great bonus during the summer and was able to finance a brand new car and create amazing goals for myself. The District Manager and the State Director are Extraordinary. I learned a lot about myself as an insurance agent!
Pros
Extraordinary Sales Training
Cons
supplemental insurance only products
No structure
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYApril 21, 2016
They make promises to employees that are unable to be filled. They send out there employees with clear direction on where, who or what sales market is.
flexible, commision and teamwork
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  bohemia, NYApril 21, 2016
work days can be very long, I have to get my own clients. meetings twice a week. management and co-workers can be very supportive. the hardest part of this job is getting the clientele. the most enjoyable part is the commission and the trips.
Pros
flexible
Cons
commission only
Challenging and Rewarding
Life and Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 19, 2016
The company is very competitive in the market with regards to coverage benefits and pricing. Management sees to it that employees are very well motivated and informed with regards to product knowledge and legalities through their regular market meetings. Territory Managers made sure that their members are well informed of any changes in policies or new and upcoming products. They also make sure that agents are very well motivated through their group meetings at least twice a week. The hardest part of this job is the initial contact with clients in establishing rapport for the first time which we call the "approach". Surveying or what we call "Door Knocking" is the most challenging part of the job because you do not know who you are dealing with at first compared to setting up appointments in which you already have established your initial contact information and have already convinced your prospect to sit down with you on a particular day and time. This job is very challenging and very rewarding if you work hard for it.
An amazing place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 10, 2016
The most supportive sales system I have ever seen. The best training in the industry by far. And excellent job security.
Challenging positon.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2016
Attaining client was difficult.
Need good market to be successful.
Was not for me at the time due to commission pay only.
I drove alot
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
I went from door to door to try to get new clients to purchase insurance policies. I learned not all clients could afford insurance policies.
Own car own hours
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRMarch 18, 2016
You work your own time with your own car.you have to go home by home to sell the insurance and you get commissioned. Sometimes it sucks but overall if you have good selling tactics you're good to go.
Great Insurance benefits and training.
eAgent Trainer, Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
Great company heavily involved in training products and sales skill. Loved the enthusiasm among co-workers and trainees. The most enjoyable part of the job was training Positive Mental Attitude.
Pros
Training sales skills
Cons
Need more training on products
Recognition, PMA, Helpful Management, and Full Benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 7, 2016
Love the structure of Combined Insurance they provide everything to their sales people to be successful. Meaning material is free, the state test is 75% paid for, Agent Development Program (ADP) programs at least 4 times a year, weekly and monthly bonuses, positive reinforcement from their Territory Manager, and the opportunity to choose what career path you would like to pursue.

In addition to all of that above a full benefits package, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and employee stock purchase plan. However, the caveat to all of these things are that you have to be willing to open your car door to go to work, so physical action to work and having a positive mental attitude (PMA).
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Your own accountability to go to work
Combined Insurance
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Great company, really invests in their agents. best sales training out there. Helps in building personal skills as well. Training continues throughout job life which is great for the long term.
Insurance Sales
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 25, 2016
You are making phone calls to connect with current customers who need a policy review and to see what other insurance they may need to purchase.
Pros
Great training
Cons
total commission sales, no sales no money
Great Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Great company to work for if you enjoy B2B sales, and you ENJOY Cold calling!! Must have PMA...
- Good support system
- Pay and benefits are good

I REALLY enjoyed working and learning everything I did working with Combined Insurance.
Excellent products and service
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MNFebruary 15, 2016
Combined Insurance puts their customers first, providing supplemental insurance products that help the insured directly at an affordable price.

Combined Insurance Reviews by Location