At Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center (CSV) we’re changing the way America views entertainment. Literally. If you love being on the cutting edge, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast’s history.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Quality Assurance Director to lead a team of QA automation engineers and white/black box testers focused on providing QA services within a continuous integration/ deployment environment. As a strategic leader, this role requires broad and deep understanding of automation testing, continuous delivery, load scalability long term and performance testing, beginning with testing fundamentals and engineering best practices to management of highly technical staff in an agile environment (XP, Scrum and Kanban). The job will involve developing and executing a blueprint on QA’s integration and push for continuous integration/deployment, development/coding, interface with teams outside of the CSV organization as well as 3rd party partners to assure the QA charter, mentor and grow the QA leadership tree, significant participation in development and review of automation code/processes, flexibility and ability to handle significant ambiguity at times, and personnel management.
You love what you do because it makes a difference to the company and to the people you hire. Your mission is to help change lives. You like to work hard but it’s worth it, because you’re having fun with a great group of people in an amazing work environment. You are the future of awesome…
- Lead, manage and guide the efficacy of the quality testing organization at CSV to optimize product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Drive the efforts in conjunction with engineering to a continuous delivery model that is highly focused on automation. Ensure an incremental plan is in place that drives the teams towards that model
- Develop the QA infrastructure roadmap required for a state-of-the-art product quality operation that’s able to absorb large scale projects.
- Collaborate with peers to propagate and champion best practices in the organization.
- Collaborates with engineering leadership team to identify, define and measure departmental key goals.
- Lead the execution of test strategies, test plans and work with testing analysts and developers to explore and resolve problems
- Lead and manage the release coordination process to optimize release quality and limit customer-facing defects and incidents
- Review, optimize, and manage the defect identification process, serving as a primary point of contact and liaison between software engineering, product and other teams.
- Manages project deliverables and cross-team communications (with support from project/program management staff).
- Guides team member skill development. Gathers feedback on team and individuals and manages staff performance evaluations.
- Participates in staffing and resource budgeting activities. Leads hiring activities.
- Drive and conduct in defect triage.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced QA methodology knowledge and experience, including the establishment, maintenance and development of industry-leading processes required to support demanding, multi-platform, multi-audience, high-scale projects.
- Expert-level knowledge and experience testing throughout the full application / systems life-cycle for web and mobile applications – to include functional, regression, performance and automation testing.
- 5+ years of experience in QA automation engineering (automated test tools, development, maintenance and frameworks) with 2+ years using agile/lean techniques
- 7+ years of development experience – API experience a plus.
- 1+ years of experience implementing continuous integration (CI) processes and working with CI tools (e.g., Bamboo, Hudson, TeamCity) and unit test tools (e.g. TestNG, JUnit).
- Solid track record in an environment with continuous delivery
- Strong understanding of database driven web/mobile applications.
- Proven ability to evaluate and manage third-party vendors.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Iterative Agile Development.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent experience.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
About Comcast Silicon Valley
Looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center is hiring talented, focused and dynamic people to build a growing set of products. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, skilled people let the best idea win. We offer awesome benefits including: free lunches and free on-site access to the Moffett Towers Fitness Club.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Comcast Holdings Corporation (Comcast Holdings) is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast Corporation (Comcast), a cable operator...