At Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center (CSV) we’re changing the way America views entertainment. Literally. Based in Sunnyvale, CA we are a satellite office of Comcast aimed at building innovative new products for entertainment, communications and the digital home. If you love being on the cutting edge and are looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment quickly, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast’s history.
We are looking for an experienced system engineer with a passion for DevOps, the cloud, and scaling web infrastructure. You will work on critical, highly complex problems that span different types of technologies, and resolve performance and functional issues with our infrastructure.
You love what you do because it makes a difference to the company and to the people you hire. Your mission is to help change lives. You like to work hard but it’s worth it, because you’re having fun with a great group of people in an amazing work environment. You are the future of awesome…
- Development and design of systems, with a focus on automation and maintainability at a large scale
- Software and hardware testing and deployment in a production environment
- Platform integration: Programming work for infrastructure management
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as you will work alongside various development, qa, and data warehouse teams on service optimization, monitoring and re-engineering.
- Work across the full stack - Make a big impact with a market changing company
- Self-motivated, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 4+ years as a Systems Administrator/Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or platform developer in a mid to large Linux environment
- Strong grasp and practical experience with automation and virtualization of at least one cloud platform (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, Cloudstack), and at least one automation framework (e.g. Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, CFEngine)
- Performance tuning of web stacks
- Strong with at least one scripting and/or high level language: Python (preferred), Ruby, Java, Closure, Scala, Perl, etc., must be able to demonstrate practical experience writing functional code against and have full understanding of REST/SOAP APIs
- Production experience working with load balancers/GSLBs a must
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with oAuth
- Solid SDLC experience and comfortable working in a continuous delivery or continuous deployment environment
- Practical experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, or other big data technologies
- Strong data management and/or database administration skills with but not limited to MySQL, key-value stores/caches like MemcacheD and Redis, etc.
- Metrics acquisition and analysis with focus on anomaly detection
- Previous experience with scaling web stack infrastructure
- C/C++ and Java/JEE
About Comcast Silicon Valley
Looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center is hiring talented, focused and dynamic people to build a growing set of products. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, skilled people let the best idea win. We offer awesome benefits including: free lunches, discounted Comcast courtesy services (yep that includes all the premium channels, Blast HSI, and home phone), and free on-site access to the Moffett Towers Fitness Club.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
Comcast Corporation (Comcast) is a provider of video, high-speed Internet and phone services (cable services), offering a variety of...