Comcast
3,252 reviews

Comcast Employer Reviews

We work hard but the benefits are excellent
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free services
Responsible for scheduling and ensuring commercial advertisements air on cable networks per a client’s contract.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 21, 2014
Comcast was a very nice place to work very respectful and clean. Management was respectful also, I enjoyed working with others.
Productive Casual Pace place to work
Warehouse Representative (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
Unloaded and off loaded truck with equipment scan equipment into warehouse. also issued out equipment to technician to connect and hook up and houses and businesses
Great place to start as long as you find a good Manager
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management
My typical Day started by laying out plans to call customers and touch base with Leads I created before. This is a very self driven job where you can make money. My management staff unfortunately did not make me feel wanted or needed so I feel my job was extra hard because I did not feel I had the comfort of having a staff to help me in areas where – more... I did not succeed very well at. There were other managers that did show that desire. Co-workers were very money driven and competitive just as you would expect in a sales driven model. The hardest part of the job was taking days off, not much quota relief making you feel as if you could not take days off.
The best part of the day is helping new and existing business prosper for what you have offered them. – less
Poor management
Ex-employee (Former Employee), New MexicoJuly 21, 2014
Pros: work environment, good frontline people
Cons: disingenuous management
Management doesnt provide any training in positions other than tech's. No communication or help to see that you suceed. They listen and act on the word of others without giving the opportunity to make corrections.
great job
Connection Center Specialist (Former Employee), Everett, MAJuly 21, 2014
fun to work for great co workers great atmosphere great commission and benefits
Wonderful Place to work exept for management
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: management
Comcast has wonderful benefits, wonderful place to work, great products but the management is terrible.
Sales before Technical Support?
Customer Account Executive III (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJuly 21, 2014
I understand that companies need to push sales in order to keep the business alive. However when pushing sales over shadows providing quality technical support there is a problem. They may have balanced this out since I was there as introducing sales was something new to the technical support side of operations.

Otherwise this was a great company to – more... work for. I met so many amazing people during my time at Comcast. – less
call center environment, great co-workers, good paying job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 21, 2014
everyday at Comcast I would take inbound calls from customers needing assistance with their bill. After explaining their bill, I would offer packages that we had available to better their service. What improved here while at Comcast was my listening skills. It was a bit difficult to manage the constant change in infrastructure but it was do able.
Great place to start
Network Service Technician (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILJuly 20, 2014
Pros: constant source of training made avaliable to its employees
Cons: no room for advancement past a certin position.
Working for Comcast has been enjoyable for most of my employment. I would recommend this company to any young person needing a good job.
Flexible Hours with Hard Work
Direct Sale Representative (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 20, 2014
Great Benefits with excellent pay! Hours are great, but it is hard and consistent work. You must be ok with working out doors in all types of weather.
Company That Shows Employee Appreciation
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits and incentives
Cons: tough goals and very stressful
Comcast is a good company to work for. They give lots of incentives and do little things weekly to to boost esteem from giving away popcorn to giving away cars. I feel they should promote from within more, especially with their supervisors. The hardest part of the job is the high stress environment.
Customer Account Executive
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Madison, MSJuly 20, 2014
Pointless at having management, the customers are exactly right! Why would they invest in a company thats supposedly #1 in everything and the equipment doesnt work properly. Its amazing of the prices customers go thru and cannot get there money worth. As far as working for the company, the best thing was the company benefits as far as INSURANCE other – more... than that, it is quick money that is decent for those with no degree and a HSD/GED but very stressful and may not be worth it to some. – less
Fake it till you make it.
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Enfield, CTJuly 20, 2014
Pros: if you live in a comcast area you get free cable, phone and internet
Cons: too many to name
A typical day would be coming in 15-30 minutes early to get prepared and sort through the numerous emails that don't pertain to you. Then clock into a system that frequently boots you out and shuts down for no apparent reason. The fun part being while on the phone with a customer and having to restart your computer multiple times as they scream in your – more... ear because we can't help them.

Supervisors never want to answer calls or talk to irate customers and would pass it off onto the "escalations team" which are just more experienced representatives that are more firm with the word "no". The supervisors never really care. It was like in high school where the teachers had a teachers pet the supervisor also had a select few that could get away with anything and could do no wrong. Supervisors' pet can use their cell phone and talk to other co-workers and slack off and the supervisors do the same but if you aren't the pet, don't you dare even charge your phone because you're stealing electricity!

Co-workers try to help each other out as much as possible but hate being on the phones and dealing with customers. When I was hired I was told it would be about bill reviews and taking payments and such when all they really cared about was sales. I am horrible with sales and they kept pushing me on it though, and I received no help. The 8 week training was just for order entry and not learning how to talk to customers or to be prepared for being criticized on everything you do. Essentially the motto when out on the floor was "Fake it till you make it".

They recently added a new program to make it even more difficult to advance in your career after making it so you have to be in your current position for a year from it previously being 6 months.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the company would have cook outs or order pizza on special occasions. They also had team meetings where it was goofing off for 40 minutes and talking about products for 20. They also had a program called "dash" and if it was slow people who had certain shift schedules could get out early. It was never offered to the late crew and the location I worked at rarely received it because other centers were of higher importance. If you are lucky and live in a Comcast area you can receive free cable, internet and phone. You also get a Comcast technician to install it and not one of the out source people who are very disrespectful to the customers, both on the phone and in person.

When in training you get an hour lunch which is perfect. You get to relax and destress and actually be able to have warm food. Once you get out on the floor that changes. You get a half hour break and have to wait in line to use the microwave and maybe half of the microwaves in the break room work so you stand in a long line for most of your lunch waiting to heat up your food. You are lucky to have your food when you get there too because people steal others' lunches. You get no time to de-stress or relax after dealing with a lot of unruly customers. Unfortunately, there is a lot of thievery there as well. Many times I have had things stolen from my desk. If you're lucky enough to have a key for your desk then you have to lock everything up before you leave because people will take things from your desk and will go through your desk if unlocked.

Your breaks can be used against you. If you end up going on break late because of a long call you could get in trouble or if you have to go to the bathroom you get in trouble. You even have to ask a supervisor to be able to go to the bathroom to approve the time. It's like being in middle school.

If you miss a day of work you expect to not get paid right? WRONG! You HAVE to pay yourself using your sick time or flex pay. If you are 10 minutes late you HAVE to pay yourself. They pay you by the minute at this company and if you are a minute late you have to cover that. It never made sense and still doesn't. – less
Great people and great benefits
Inbound Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fife, WAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: pay changes often
Comcast has been a great experience. I enjoy working with everyone there. The benefits were great and there is always room for growth.
Customers make the day
Commtech3 (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great 401k
Cons: pay increases
Customer has an issue so i fix the issue. I learned that i never can get to much info for my job. Management is okay. I get along with all my co-workers. Hardest part of the job is learning that every customer is different. Solving the customers issue is very enjoyable.
Great Professional Start but tons of politics
Customer Service (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free cable, and internet, discounted phone service
Cons: worker bee mentality
Overall good company to start with professionally. Longterm not so much. Too much politics involved to move up the chain. All about who you know and not what you know. Great benefits, pay is average.
constantly changing evironment
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Malden, MAJuly 18, 2014
Fast aced and constantly changing environment Team spirit was great Knowing that I had made a difference to Customers an company was very satisfying
Not Family oriented, and Supervisor's with no experience
Customer Acct Executive Billing / Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Enfield, CTJuly 18, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: break time is too short, and bathroom breaks are counted.
I accepted employment because I needed Healthcare, despite a very low salary offer with all of my experience and skills, I felt robbed with no dignity. After 8-week Training (which does not give actual job performance) I quickly realized Supervisor's had no Communication or People Skills, and basically avoided dealing with Irate Customer issues, but – more... quickly passed the Buck. My actual Training began on the floor, which included my years of Customer Service Experience that enable good repore with customers daily.

Overall, Comcast portrayed itself as a Family Oriented Company, but Supervisor's and Management never made it feel that way, and Salary was very low, along with morale co-workers too. Comcast adds on work responsibilities, but neglect to add on Pay Increase for being Customer Acct Executive Billing & Sales Specialist with long work days.. – less
Wished they had paid more, I would have stayed
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2014
They actually take pretty good care of their employees, I just wished they had paid more or would have given better raises.

1 2 3 4 5

About Comcast

Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and – Read more