Comcast Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,861 reviews matching the search
Comcast as a whole company would rate a 5
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work is at least a 10 hour day mon-sat. On call for Sundays and evenings. The most enjoyable part of the job as a manager is developing employees and solving customer issues. I have learned so much in my 15 years mostly on the administrative side, creating new processes. Co workers have been the best we worked very closely and always encouraged each other. New management was brought in and our department changed very drastically to a pure sales environment which caused a lot of turnover due to the fact that team was hired mostly for customer service and could not really grasp the sales environment.
Pros
tons of incentives, award programs benefits from company were top notch
Cons
Nice enough company to work for
West Division Operations Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 10, 2016
Overall the company is not bad to work for depending on the department you are in. Most managers care about your needs, people take feedback seriously, and they really are trying to improve the customer experience, at least where I was at. Some work days you will be working long hours, and polices tend to be slow to change. The biggest problem is the company is massive, so management has no flexibility for your work needs and even about your pay. Make sure to get hired in at the wage you want as they have no power over what you make really.
Pros
Minimal price on services offered, tuition reimbursement, good benefits, fair amount of paid time off, and career advancement is there for people who try
Cons
Company has a bad reputation with the public so telling people where you work is off-putting, some positions do not come with laptops, hardly any schedule flexibility, and you lose your vacation time if you do not use it all
Good, not great place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2016
A lot of good things about working at Comcast along with a lot of things that go along with firms that have grown by acquisition. There are some very good people who work at Comcast. There is also a lot of castle building. Advancement truly depends on who you know or via the FUMU paradigm. If you're good at what you do and are effectively supporting your management and making them look good, unless you know someone, expect to be in the same place for many years. Benefits are good and include a lot of things you will probably never use. It's a political environment; so watch your step. Pay is so-so and seems to be depressed because of the HUGE number of H1Bs on the dole. Comcast is probably a very good place to begin or end a career. But for those who strive for making a difference and advancing their careers in meaningful ways, Comcast is probably not a great place for you.
Pros
Hard to get fired
Cons
Micromanagement, finger pointing
Productive workplace full of culture
Late Stage Payment Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 8, 2016
Comcast is a great place to work. The call center in Sandy, Utah is a very competitive office filled with people that strive to succeed, survive and exceed expectations. A typical day involves signing onto your phone an communication with as many customers as possible, trying to build relationships with them in a short period of time. Unfortunately, many workers try to meet statistics so badly that they do not treat customers with the deserved respect that they should. It makes building rapport hard with each customer for the same reason.
Pros
Commission and Benefits
Cons
Low hourly rate and difficult advancement opportunity
Fun and an enjoyable place to work.
Door to Door Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93291February 16, 2016
Went to work at 10:00 AM and then we would start our morning meeting which usually consisted of some training or our daily goal. Leave the office to go to our assigned areas to knock door to door. Would start that process after lunch and usually be home by 6:00 PM. I learned confidence in myself and my abilities when it comes to the sales culture. I learned how to overcome objectives, and to not let them bring my attitude down. Management was awesome, I was always given the support and advice I needed to succeed in the company. My co-workers and I were very close, typically going to lunch together before starting to knock doors. The hardest part of the job, for myself, was in the beginning when I was learning how to overcome objections. The most enjoyable part of my job was the constant interaction with other people. I also loved being able to progressively become a better sales individual with the support of my team.
Pros
Team, Free lunch, Positive Enviorment
Cons
Job security, no advancement opportunity
Excellent Career Opportunities Available
Collections Representative II (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 29, 2016
Worked for Comcast for thirteen (13) years as a Collections Representative. Comcast provides great opportunities for advancement and supports furthering education to enable employees to move into other positions. They have an excellent benefits package and truly care about their employees health and well-being. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and for and was sorry to have to leave due to medical conditions. If the Collections Department were still in the Springfield, MA location rather than in CT, I would reapply and go back to work there, however, paying taxes in two states is a financial hardship for me.
Pros
Fabulous Management/Supervisory team, excellent co-workers who work well together to ensure that the mission of the department is met, great benefits package and well-organized department with clear-cut, well-established policies to conduct the functions of the position you are in.
Cons
Awesome COMPANY to work for just not the best position.
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI 48312April 2, 2016
no work life balance for this specific position. Lots of risk, Wear and Tear on body. AWESOME pay. great work support. The company takes care of their people its just that position is the best i believe as far as pay and certain benefits like company phone, ipad, freedom and company truck. but unless you go to upper level management, any other position (in my opinion) would be a downgrade.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
no work life balance for this specific position.
Do not work in the Xfinity stores!!!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2016
The benefits and pay were the only things that are keeping me here. The culture died when the CEO's father did. The management is awful, it's moving toward a more retail environment and they will chew you up and spit you out at the drop of a hat, no loyalty to top sales performers. Look for any position outside of the Xfinity Store and you'll be happier for it. Trust me.
Pros
Benefits are top tier, free cable, good health, 401k, PTO
Cons
Micromanagement, Retail environment/hours, no employee loyalty, some rules contradict each other.
Fast Paced Environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 18, 2016
My typical day at work consist of, Answering inbound calls from Technicians/Customers trouble shooting any technical issues they may have. On a daily basis I support the floor with any questions they may have when leadership is unavailable.
What I have learned about my job is that you have to be a team player at all times.

Management- Management is wonderful because I am able to learn different roles of the department and they are always willing to help further your career.

Co-Workers- Co-workers sometimes can be different in their own way, however I feel that its my job to get along with others and help those that need help.

Hardest Part of the job is leaving at the end of my shift.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
resolving issues at work, fair workplace, and great management
Cons
N/A
Structure & Management Needs*** IMPROVEMENT***
Credit & Account Analyst Rep II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 22, 2015
You must humble yourself as an Employee… A lot of favoritism is given to those that Management want to help advance to the next level in their career. If you're are under the age of 23, the Call Center in North Fulton Co. would be a great place for you. You'll have to market yourself in order to advance and move up in this company. The compensation isn't worth the headache and stress… This location needs better structure. Not to mention it's very unprofessional there. Dress code needs to strictly enforced addressed. The job I perform here isn't at all the problem. It's location and Mgmt. that's the upside down part about being an employee for this company.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Management, Attendance Policy, Location (Horrible), Favoritism
Ever-evolving workplace requiring accuracy and attention to detail
Primary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Assisted with placing Commercial Spots for my designated team of Sales Agents / Account Executives. Created sports templates. Verified to 'On Demand' Assets were Live and accurate.

I learned a wealth of knowledge of how the Advertising Sector of Comcast Spotlight operated.

I enjoyed and respected all of my co-workers and managers, as they were all very helpful and reciprocal.

The hardest part of my job was trying to 'make good' spots that failed to air for a variety of reasons. (i.e.), Live Breaking News Stories, cue tones not being recognized and Spots being bumped due to higher paying spots because a Network or Show may have been oversold.

I really enjoyed my job. Albeit, it was stressful at times, it was very rewarding.
Pros
Phenomenal Benefits
A good place for Beginners
Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryland, MDMarch 21, 2016
Comcast is a good place for beginners to kick start their career, but the growth rate is really appalling because the organization is structured in such a way that almost everyone is vying for minimal opportunities which are rear to come by.
Pros
There is some level of job security
Cons
Management cares more about their difficult metrics which determines the raise.
Interesting workplace
Collections and Verifications Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDDecember 10, 2015
Working at Comcast was an experience. Customer service has always been enjoyable, and there was never a dull day! I enjoyed being able to help my customers go in the direction they were searching for and always receiving positive remarks and praise. Management made it their duty to recognize your hard work and to ensure that you were aware that they were taking their notes. I appreciated my managers and enjoyed being one of the top Collections Representatives during my time there.
Pros
Recognition of work accomplished
Cons
Contract position
Decent pay... at first
CommTech 4 (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 1, 2016
In a small office, a technician has to be able to do everything in order to maintain employment here. Advancement is rapid for those that are capable. Micromanagement is over the top and often. Benefits are the best I've ever seen, but at a cost of working a lot (on call for 1 week/month).

The hardest part of the job is having to defend a company that has many communication issues.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, stagnant advancement and pay
Great work culture with opportunity to improve.
Supervisor Customer Care Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Comcast spends a great deal of time ensuring employees are engaged and satisfied with their jobs. They have great benefits and competitive pay. There are plenty of opportunities to advance all over the country due to their large footprint and ownership of NBC/Universal.

Comcast Cable is in a service revolution attempting to improve the customer experience and their public perception. This leads to plenty of opportunity for your ideal to make an impact.
Pros
Great Benefits and support of diversity
Cons
Delivery of service and customer care are in constant flux
Great people to work with, but not compensated for the work we do
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a great company to work for. We get free services and the health benefits are good. A typical day is taking calls from customers who are having issues with services and helping them repair them or find a resolution. We take about 30-50 calls a day from people who are kind, or extremely upset to the point of yelling and swearing not just about the service, but at us. This is the hardest part of the job. My fellow agents are amazing and I have made some great friends at work. However, upper management needs an overhaul. If you get on one person's bad side, there is no upward movement possible. While it is a great company to work for, I need something with a more flexible schedule and good compensation.
Pros
Great people to work with, almost free services.
Cons
Upper management, compensation.
Ever changing industry.
LEAD NETWORK TECHNIAN (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 23, 2016
Ended my career following 20 years of service.

This career path worked out well for me. It provide me with a good income and benefits.

In the end however, finding out the truth about just being a number was somewhat difficult to accept after 20 years of dedication.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Corporate management is uncaring.
Operational and technical support (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2016
culture is great, management is great, advancement and opportunity is great. good work/life balance. decent pay and great benefits
Fun workplace, difficult hours
Collections Agent I (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 29, 2016
A typical workday is constantly busy and each call presents a new set of challenges. I learned a lot about Comcast products and services as well as customer service. Most of the time you will be de-escalating customers who are either unsatisfied with the product(s) or simply need their bill explained. The coworkers are wonderful, everyone is very helpful and fun to be around. They allow you to express yourself however you'd like as long as you can maintain a professional demeanor while assisting customers which was very nice. The hardest part of the job was the hours and a strict adherence to break times and rarely getting vacation or sick leave. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the benefits and the employees.
Pros
low cost access to Comcast products, good health benefits, lunch provided regularly, fun meetings, great team supervisors
Cons
Escalated calls with very irate customers, very difficult to take sick leave if ever needed, long hours
BAE Fun company to work for Great Comp Plan
Business Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day is what you make of it. Great place to get sales Experience, Comcast spares no expense on bringing in professional training.

Management makes the daily grind bearable. Many spiffs and incentives year round.

Co workers help at all times.

Meeting sales quota can be challenging, but with hard work its attainable.

Comcast is very generous with their comp plan, if you exceed quota you can look forward to some rewarding commission checks.
Pros
Great company to work for! Generous compensation!
Cons
Can be very stressful