Comcast
3,411 reviews

Comcast Employer Reviews

Too much company policies that are unnecessary and counter productive
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 20, 2014
The policies does not empower frontline employees to properly and satisfactorily resolve customer issues.
great
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Buford, GAAugust 20, 2014
loved everything about this company and the opportunity to learn the job ethics
System Engineer
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2014
As part of Comcast Cable Network Products group, gained experience in systems testing for few of their vendors – Pace, Technicolor, Motorola and Cisco. Product was firmware and application for Digital Transport Adapter (DTAs). Gained experience with key network components such as the Digital Headend equipment, Digital Addressable Controller (DAC).
Environment: – more... Windows, Unix, Wlhem, HPQC, Clarity, Rally.
Responsibilities:
• Analyzed and reviewed business requirements, functional requirements, and design documents.
• Worked on the verification of integrity of internal interfaces as white box tester
• Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT
• Involved in Functional, Unit, Integration and Regression Testing. Code transitioning, EAS, Channel maps among the important feature tests.
• Involved in developing UAT test plan, creating test conditions, generating expected results, executing the test plan, performing data setup, checking test results and documenting problem.
• Created test cases with data setup and performed smoke testing and detailed functional testing of application,
• Involved in weekly meeting with development team, project teams and QA teams to review the updates and discuss the status of projects.
• Created test cases with data setup and performed smoke testing and detailed functional testing of application. – less
Call center environment
Customer Account Executive (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILAugust 20, 2014
Working in a call center environment I assist customers on a day to day basis with explaining and helping them understand their bills. I also assist with offering additional products and services to best fit their needs. The most rewarding part of my job is helping a customer in need.
Co-workers
Mail management (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIAugust 20, 2014
Cons: management tells everyone other peoples business.
With the job I did at I was able to meet and work with a bunch of great people.
Comcast was a fun place to work
Customer Associate Specialist (Former Employee), Everett WashingontAugust 19, 2014
Pros: lots of perks free premier cable, blast internet speed and home phone service.
Cons: full disclosure by sales team, and inconscistant iformation
I enjoyed my job even the challenges. This was a fast pace workplace with frequent policy and procedural changes. The hardest part of my job being unable to resolve a customer issue remotely. The other challenges this position presented were angry customers who could become very verbally abusive. A special skill set was required to calm and deescalate – more... the call and build a good rapport. – less
The pay is not worth the hours put in on a daily basis
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILAugust 19, 2014
My degree and time spent with the company should speak for itself, but no recognition is given
Solid opportunity to earn a decent income with a somewhat flexible schedule
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: commissions when you are making on turf sales, benefits, flexibility, and interacting with new people daily
Cons: compensation plan as a whole, management, company's customer service, lack of longterm career opportunity
Typical Day At Work
Canvassing door to door in specified neighborhoods that are given to you from your supervisor. You can work whenever you choose, but the hours that were asked for you to work were between 2pm until 8:30pm. Be prepared for constant rejections from potential customers as door to door sales is truly a tough way to make sales. Most of – more... your assistance will come from your direct supervisor and team members.

What I Learned
Sales in this environment is "survival of the fittest." You have to possess a lot of patience (with customers and your own company) as well as self-motivational, interpersonal and organizational skills.

Micro managing from the Supervisors occasionally. But this is dependent upon your supervisor at the time. Management here only cared about numbers. Numbers do determine our incomes and job status. Nevertheless in an industry where you constantly face negativity and where your numbers are affected by more than just your own effort and skills, you think management would be more understanding or thoughtful of unfortunate circumstances, but they are not. All blame for anything is given to you, even when 95% of the time you did not do anything wrong. From my experience, my overall opinion on management is that, as an employee you are just another number on their budget line. If they want to find a way to get rid of you, they will.

Co-Workers
Most were very helpful and supportive. You really do get that team environment feel in this position

Hardest Part Of The Job
Overcoming objections at the door, staying motivated to knock daily and dealing with the lack of integrity that has become a culture within the company. Sales will repeatedly get stolen from other sales departments and the contracted technicians will repeatedly botch jobs purposely in order to complete more simpler jobs to get paid more money. Also dealing with the compensation plan. The plan was rewarding, yet limiting in that you were not compensated properly for sales not in your "turf" even though the work & time put in was the exact same. Putting wear and tear on your vehicle.

Most Enjoyable Part
Interacting with new people constantly. Freedom to not be stuck in an office. Ability to make money from referrals while at home.

Overall
This is a solid opportunity to learn a lot of necessary skills to start a career or end a career, while making a decent income and having some flexibility with time. The benefits are also above average. Yet this is not a career opportunity. Turnover is very high. Networking for customers is frowned upon and door knocking gets tiring. The company's poor customer service will affect your pay greatly at times. Support from management is low as well. – less
Job Conditions
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Davie, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay rate
Cons: poor management, not very empoyee friendly policies.
You are required to be in the field no matter what conditions the weather is. There could be a thunderstorm, cyclone, excessive rain. Or beautiful weather condtions. You must reach your goals there are no relief.
fun workplace/work and life dont balance well
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: fun theme days, benefits, vacation time
Cons: short breaks, no consistancy, request off days were horrible, no rotating weekends
Comcast is a fun place to work when there is prizes involved the environment there is team friendly drives you to work on your own. the benefits are good and you have three weeks vacation just coming into the company. the department I was in was sales and it was hard! Mentally knowing your job depends on sales coming up with a way to sale all different – more... kinds of people and remaining honest. you are giving notice when the shift changes and given a month to basically switch your entire life but its not a good balance when you have small children because the company does not rotate weeks at all you either use all your vacation on supporting your kids on Saturdays or miss all of the best moments – less
Every day is different
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee), Stafford, VAAugust 19, 2014
Would recommend this as a great place to work. There is something new every day doing this line of work plus you get to meet great and interesting people along the way.
Comcast now Xfinity.
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the more i sold, the more money i got.
Cons: being sales management kept changing the rules.
I worked as a Direct Sales Representative. Going door to door selling and promoting Comcast products like Video High speed Internet and phone services.
I learned to Be more confident, to overcome the objections and most important to do the closing.
The hardest part of the job for my was the fact that management change the rules quite often.
The most – more... enjoyable part. I managed my own time. – less
collection/call center
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2014
handled calls that where 30-60 day past due on there credit card payment
Fun workplace with lots of room for advancement
Account Executive/Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2014
Pros: top notch break room, healthcare, pay
Cons: short/minimal breaks, hours
A typical day at Comcast was fun, friendly interaction with coworkers and customers. I learned a lot with this company as far as how to sell, supervise a team and a lot of computer knowledge. My coworkers were amazing and very helpful. They taught me what the true meaning of "teamwork" meant. The hardest part of this job was the hours we had to work. – more... Being a supervisor, we usually worked 6 days a week from 10am until about 1am most times. This was a 24 hour call center. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way they showed their appreciation for the work you do. There were always lunch parties, all expense paid activities on several weekends, bonuses, full healthcare benefits and detailed training. – less
fun place to work at helping customer solve their comcast concernt
Customer Account Executive (Retention) (Current Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 18, 2014
a typical day at work would be to start my shift, take as many calls as possible always keeping in mind to dedicate my time and use my active listening skills to help customer resolve their problems and retain the revenue for the company as well.
cool weekly meeting with the entire team to talk about number and how to improve the retention of the customers.
maintain – more... a group instant messenger to motivate each other with retention and sales of new products. – less
Trainer
Care/Sales Trainer (Current Employee), Exton, PAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long commute
Comcast is a great place to work, there is room for growth and many opportunities. A typical day is teaching others how to perform their everyday duties. The hardest part of the job is completing is making sure all of your duties is complete. My coworkers; we all work together to complete our task. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with – more... others making sure they understand the reason for being there and helping them understand their position so they can perform their duties. – less
Still Need Improvement
Field Service Technician IN-HOUSE (Current Employee), Kemah, TXAugust 17, 2014
Pros: 4-10, not stuck in a office all the time.
Cons: the entire system is designed to point the finger at the tech, even when it should not be.
Overall the company is great but the metric systems "needs serious work".
Great Pay and Ammenities
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 17, 2014
Pros: job security! great opportunity for advancement
Cons: commute to work about 1 hour
Great place to work! I love being part of a team that holds a strong desire to help people. Comcast offers it all from a productive resourceful staff, benefits plan, courtesy cable accounts for employees and college tuition reimbursements.
More than just a job. I like to think of it as a career working with family!
Fast paced,challenging, new every day
CAE (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 17, 2014
Great job, you hit the floor running every day. It is a joy to help so many people resolve their entertainment and productivity issues each day.
Typical
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 17, 2014
It was a nice job, but the management wasn't the best. I enjoyed the technical side of the job, assisting customers get their cable TV, internet and phone modems back up and running.

About Comcast

Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and – Read more