Comcast Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,157 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits, Terrible Workplace
Cloud Solutions Sale Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2016
worst job I've ever had even the great benefits wasn't enough to outweigh the negative and make me want to stay. Management was snaky, making it a very uncomfortable, low moral and back stabbing environment. High turnover. We started off with a small group of about 35 amazing people about 10 of us have left in less than 3 months and more are planning to leave. Commission structure was horrible and quotas were aggressive and unrealistic. The Comcast center is beautiful and we did have access to it. Received a lot of freebies from their partner companies. .
Pros
people, pay, benefits
Cons
management
Fast paced, supportive, productive
Tech Support lvl 3 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
I've been able to flourish in the technical world. Grew more proficient with Microsoft programs along with any technical troubleshooting and solutions dealing with computers and products.
Advanced in my career as far becoming a technical specialist, able to Intern with my Dispatchers and Operations group
multi-task.
Loved teaching customer's new ways to come to solutions with their day to day problems with services. Focused solely on the service given
Pros
Healthcare, open door policy, sometimes free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful Company
Front Counter/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2016
I absolutely love Comcast, the best company I have ever worked for. With great benefits and a wonderful encouraging management staff. Friendly co-workers almost like a home away from home. Working inside the store is the best to me.
Pros
Free Cable services and unlimited growth potential
Cons
The hours, I like working morning shifts.
Call Center
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 15, 2016
Typical call center environment. Some fun things they do for employees. Great mission, great perks and benefits, great food, great co-workers.
La la la
Senior Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2016
Mangement has destroyed this company. There is very little positive to say about Comcast Business and its lack luster products. Customers area treated poorly and they can
people
Associate Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  41112 Concept Drive, Plymouth MI. 48170August 15, 2016
Met and exceeded monthly collection and customer retention goals.
Recognized for valuable contributions to Comcast credit and collections. Received commendation for helping department meet $12-million collections challenge. Make payment arrangements with delinquent customers.
Pros
hours
Cons
lunch
Good money horrible family balance
Network Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 15, 2016
It's just cable people lived along time without tv and Internet. Comcast will bend you over for their bottom line. They have no concern about their employees, you're just an employee ID.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Great place to work if one knows their skill set.
Construction Technician/Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 14, 2016
My position required being in good physical shape and advance knowledge of Cable TV Plant construction. Constant mind set in the fact that you were working just a few feet away from high voltage. Safety practices is an absolute must. Most work load was provided ahead of time. The "fielding" of the job site was important in the need for calling in locates or other hazards that may be encountered.
Pole climbing and able to stay up on the pole for very long periods of time an everyday occurrence, especially when working backyard easements.
Knowing that you perform work that affects many customers and their need for a reliable product is the satisfaction I get from all the hard work involved.
Pros
Customers approaching you and showing their gratitude.
Cons
Unexpected breakdown of machinery.
A technical workplace that enables cognitive thinking and skills
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at work would involve utilizing and applying analytical skills to solve technical issues. Being in this field also enables interacting with customers to build good relationship for both ones self and the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 13, 2016
The people are great and so is the job. The training was extensive which found beneficial. Theres a lot of opportunity in the company.
Terrible place to work. Not recommend
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 13, 2016
Worst job ever. My position was misrepresented. Company confused about there own promotions. Ended up door knocking when my position was to be networking. This job is outdated. The fuller brush man does not exist in today's world. For the size of the company, computers out dated. Product is good but how the company conducts business is anequated . Would you open your door to a stranger at 8 pm at night? Very poor customer service. Very poor employee relations. This job is for very few. If you are good at cold sales and can get into someone's home at 8 pm then go for it. But less than 10 percent suuceed at this job.
Pros
Pros to this job.
Cons
Door to door sales
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 11, 2016
Working about 8 service calls a day delainng with technical troubleshooting, customer service, and physical tasks.

I really enjoy my job because everyday is new and exciting and I really like to satisfy the customer and make them happy.
Comcast is a Company that changes
Tier 3 Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, coAugust 11, 2016
Comcast is a company that changes and developed with out looking at the people in front of change. they have a lot of people who are more skilled then the position they are forced into.
Once the change is completed it is hard to get the backing to promote out.
The company does have its good side like education and training skills are there. and they try to do work life balance at a high expectation.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation and learning oportunities
Cons
takes years to get one level promotions
horrible place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 11, 2016
company doesnt care about employees work them like slaves and pay little of nothing customer service sucks crazy hours open 365 days have to bid for holidays pay sucks for a company who is making so much money
comcast
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTAugust 11, 2016
Good job security safe environment, good co-workers. Has high standards on keeping job after probationary period, way to high of expectations for after only training one week,
Pros
good work environment, safe
Cons
high expectations
Comcast
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 9, 2016
It started out as a great company to be employed for but the position i was in required me to have a business phone that customers could call. customers didnt seem to respect hours and the fact that i can't do everything.
Pros
solo working
Cons
micro management
A great place to work
Customer Loyalty Representative (Retention) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80919August 9, 2016
Comcast really takes care of their employees, even though it is a call center it does not give you a stressed out feeling. The support is great and everyone is friendly. The hardest part of the job for me was balancing it with school. The most enjoyable to was the environment.
great place to work
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, IL 60477August 9, 2016
great benefits, customer service, policies, procedures, need thick ski n, fun place to work, bonuses., shift bid, flex days, vacation days
Pros
fun
Cons
draining
Good Work/ Life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNAugust 9, 2016
Over all good company, does actually support the work life balance so many larger corporations talk about.

Excellent benefits especially if you live in the footprint.
Stressful environment with great pay
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 9, 2016
A typical day working for Comcast in the Retention Department would consist of receiving approximately 50 calls daily. De escalate callers who may be irate in regards to a billing, technical, or lack of customer service. Persuade customers to upgrade their services to increase revenue. Attend team meetings and or trainings. Respond to daily emails. Chat through instant message board to share best practices. I learned how to get multiple projects done in a timely and accurate manner. There are some supervisors who are knowledgeable of their jobs, and others who are there to collect a check. There are over 300 agents in the building. Typically had a few that I associated with on a professional level. The hardest part of my job was working with the billing department who would transfer their calls to retention because they didn't want to assist the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job were the incentives that the company would provide to you based off your performance.
Pros
great compensation and benefit packages
Cons
stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.