Comcast Employee Reviews

Found 5,361 reviews matching the search
Tough Place To Work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 18, 2016
This is a tough place to work for sales, but definitely worth it. They provide you with all the tools you need to succeed in sales and support you 100% of the way. The only con is when you don't meet your sales goals for a full month you get laid off :(
Friendly work place
Inventory Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
*Nice co-workers

*Everything was exciting to learn

*Management was professional and friendly

*Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to watch xfinity cable and have access to wifi on break
very fast paced and friendly environment
Revenue Assurance Rep (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 18, 2016
The daily routine is constant with deadlines to meet and can be very stressful at times. I enjoy the perks, benefits and treats that comes with the job which I look forward to going to work. I also enjoy the opportunity to work from home which is spectacular. other than that I must say its a warm friendly atmosphere to work around.
Telesales Rep I (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working at Comcast as a telesales rep. My supervisor was awesome and very supportive of helping us excel in sales.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Partime position
Rolling People In And Rolling People Out
Customer Service/Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2016
Comcast was a horrible company to work for when it comes to job security or being protected by your employer. You were under scrutiny for everything you did.

They say they are going to a more customer focused approach as a result of the 4 Billion dollar investment they just did in encouraging their reps to take care of their clients.

As an employee, I was punished anytime I disconnected an account or help out a client, with their scorecard.
Pros
Cons
Everything mentioned above plus much much more
CommOps (Current Employee) –  Airport way, Denver COJanuary 16, 2016
At the Comops department, everyone is like family. Everyone knows everyone and/or willing to get to know new employees. Management is great, they are very supportive. the best part of the job is learning new things.
Pros
supportive management, free food and great benefits.
Cons
none.
comcast
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping set up new services for new customers, challenging myself to make each sell a "triple Play," TV, phone, and internet sale...
Fun place to work with many perks!
Installer and Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Work as a team and help each other on duties of job. I learned how to run cables in houses or commercial type buildings. You have open door policies that can help you on what's on your mind.
Pros
team work
Cons
very stressfull
Answerd phones in que,at a nonstop pace
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2016
Answered phones in a fast paced environment, troubleshoot service problems, reviewed bills, posted payments or adjusted bill if needed.
Pros
Benifits -great co-workers
Cons
Pay and work shifts available
Productive and adaptable; serious work environment.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work, is very fast paced and demanding. I have learned how to work in a very proficient manner to achieve call per hour quotas, and increase sale goals. My co workers are pretty typical. The hardest part of my job is the customers who I am not able to assist because of their financial situations or because of our equipment is not working as it should and they are stuck with out services for days at a time. I enjoy my job overall, but the thing that makes me love it the most is the satisfied customers who feel a whole lot better at the end of the call. and I was able to put a smile on their face.
All around good place to work.
Comtech 4 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Comcast is a great place to work. It recognize family situations and are very helpful. Great Company to work for. You get to meet new people everyday. and they are very safety consc
Pros
work well with employees
comcast
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Comcast has been a great company to me, I just want more advancement opportunities and fairness when it comes to a company and employee relationship
Pros
benefits, awesome co-workers
Cons
no fairness among all employees
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Very fun environment and fast paced . You can learn a lot from your co workers and it is very easy to work your way up. Comcast is a great company to build your career.
Technical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2016
Currently I support a fast paced location within the Technical Operations Department Supporting the Technical Operations Management Staff, Technicians, and Engineering Department.
Pros
Excellent Working Enviorment
Cons
Short Break
Call center rep
Sales/Retention CAE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
This is was a great job for me. I was one of the best rep in our division. I learn how the cable industry works inside and out. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping customers and making alot of money
I have to learn everyday
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 11, 2016
:Love my job, but its not boring after doing the same thing for 5 years. I need to be challenged.

I love working for this company
Pros
Job security is great!!
Cons
work life balance is not happening
Learned a lot by starting 6 new call centers from the ground up within 4 years
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 11, 2016
I was able to learn a great deal at Comcast by being apart of the very first Call Center of Excellence. We accomplished phenomenal results in a very short time setting a benchmark for the entire company to follow.

This position allowed us to travel across the country networking with other professionals in the same field sharing best practices and creating new processes.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Does not support work/life balance
Unpredictable
Xfinity Sales Professional 2 (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Comcast is a decent opportunity for college grads or for people who are between jobs. Every individual's experience is unique. The company habitually makes changes to their comp plan and requirements to get full credit for sales. There is an issue with favoritism and cliques that give some sales professionals unfair advantages. You can make pretty good money as an outside sales professional. $65k-$75k is a realistic expectation for your first year if you are moderately successful. The public's perception of the company is very poor and if you have problems after a sale, it is incredibly difficult to resolve your customer's issues. Overall, their processes are very complicated and the job can be very stressful. Lastly, the work/life balance can be a challenge for people with family obligations. Very few will enjoy success while others will find the job to be undesirable.
Pros
Good benefits, somewhat lucrative, discounted TV, Phone, Internet, and home secutity
Cons
Horrible public perception, too many rules that disqualify sales to count towards quota, limited control of your sales.
not great, not the worse place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PAJanuary 10, 2016
Expectations are not necessary. Added employee statistics just to say they are doing something different, has taken away from employees commission. more likely put in place to keep more money in company's own bank. Don't fix something unless broke, they tried to implement something, they broke a good system and work culture, day to day, employees are less happy to be at work and constantly worried about not meeting lofty expectations. Comcast has went from a hard to enter company to a high turnover, revolving door company.
Pros
free services
Cons
facade act about caring about employees
Nice enough company to work for
West Division Operations Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 10, 2016
Overall the company is not bad to work for depending on the department you are in. Most managers care about your needs, people take feedback seriously, and they really are trying to improve the customer experience, at least where I was at. Some work days you will be working long hours, and polices tend to be slow to change. The biggest problem is the company is massive, so management has no flexibility for your work needs and even about your pay. Make sure to get hired in at the wage you want as they have no power over what you make really.
Pros
Minimal price on services offered, tuition reimbursement, good benefits, fair amount of paid time off, and career advancement is there for people who try
Cons
Company has a bad reputation with the public so telling people where you work is off-putting, some positions do not come with laptops, hardly any schedule flexibility, and you lose your vacation time if you do not use it all