Comcast Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,856 reviews matching the search
great place to work
communications technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 9, 2016
typical day consists of making it to jobs on time, interacting with customers, installing and trouble shooting cable,internet and phone. run underground and aerial coax cable, replace outlets when not up to standard. maintain a safe working area at all times. i learned alot at comcast it really taught me that i can do anything i put my mind to. management is always changing but my direct supervisor was an awesome leader. the co workers are great and friendly for the most part. hardest part if the job was being able to determine what the problem is and how to fix it, once i caught on i was great at it, the most enjoyable thing at work was meeting new people every day and being able to interact with all walks of life.
Pros
bonus pay outs
Cons
being in dirty houses at times
Very low work/life balance, no work autonomy.
Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 16, 2015
Comcast was grown too much, while not adhering to efficiency principles that can maintain a good level of customer service. They believe on working harder as a means to shore efficiency, instead of working smarter. Within the last four years, the management structure and practices have been regionalized at all levels, in a strict silo model, offering very little autonomy of work and a great deal of lack of communication between departments. While the company pushes harder every year to improve their quality measures, it does not have the proper audit efforts to ensure the quality is well measured and accurately attained. Time measures related to management practices and technical work are not regulaly means-tested to ensure a well balance workload on its employees.
Pros
Benefits, tools, uniforms and training is provided for entry level positions.
Cons
Long work hours, effort is recognized, potential is not.
Great company with excellent Benefits
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo MsFebruary 27, 2016
Great company to work for very diverse with exceptional benefits really enjoyed the people I worked with good work life balance the hardest part was limited to what I could do to help customers
productive
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 16, 2016
I open my unit , quality control all our instruments. checked all medical equipment for daily
use.
set up rooms for each early cases.
checked the surgery schedule for changes
greeted and weighed each patient , preformed tests on all patients with high risk medical concerns.
preformed pregnancy test on child bearing females, preformed drug test on high risk patients. trained patient for after surgery on the uses of crutches or canes.
trained staff and administered testing for yearly competency .
set on several steering committees for introducing new polices and procedures to better market our community outreach programs.
Pros
great rewards and clelebrations
Cons
advancement was not easy.
Definitely keeps you busy throughout your shift,
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2015
Definitely keeps you busy throughout your shift, benefits are great and so are your co workers. hardest part as an technician was the pressure from supervisors to give thorough service in short amount of time, also those days with bad weather and you still had many jobs to catch on time. best part is if the day was slow you can possibly leave a few mins before your shift for an early arrival home.
Pros
freedom, payrate, and benefits
Cons
management, quotas, expectations
hardest part of job was long hrs during storms. working with great people.
Manager Network Engineering (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 3, 2015
Good place to work with good management. Much about the numbers but still all about the customer's. Loved working with my team as we led the Greater Chicago Region with our metrics.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits.
Cons
long hours and a fair amount of territory to cover.
Perfect example of corporate excess and stagnant leadership.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 6, 2015
Comcast can be summed up in two words. Corporate Stagnation. This company can only do one thing correctly. Expand. They've managed to buy up all the little local cable companies enough to own a majority of territory. Leadership couldn't care less about their workforce, and the workers who attempt to distinguish themselves, get put back in to their predetermined places. Pay is average, benefits are slightly above average. Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed.
Pros
Highly discounted cable services.
Cons
Stagnant leadership, corporate politics, nepotism
productive and management fun to work with.
comm tech 5 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMarch 31, 2016
Good Company to work for management need to listen to employees concerns more to make day to day operations run smoother from a technician standpoint
Pros
discounted cable good benefits
Cons
listen more to employees concerns
Good enough
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2016
It was a call center, so of course it wasn't great, but there was always a sense that the company knew that, and did their best to make things as easy as possible. Many co-workers had come from competitor's call centers and said the Comcast one was hugely superior, much more relaxed and fun in general. I generally liked my job with the only negatives being a very inflexible schedule that interfered hugely with college, as well a trend towards making sales outweigh all other performance metrics, despite our job being tech support, not sales. Benefits were outstanding, pay was pretty good for a job that didn't require a degree.
Pros
great benefits, managment was generally kind and constructive.
Cons
extremely rigid schedule, the usual cons of call center work.
Great Comradery Between Co-Workers
Technical Repair Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Everett, Wa.August 4, 2015
The supervisors vary greatly in their approach to emlpoyee needs and daily communications with team members. Overall management tries to keep environment postive in an otherwise negative job. Job consisted mostly of answering customer calls for service repair. Many customers are very unhappy when they call in. I was able to de-escalate my customers very well, they felt valued as a Comcast customer. Comcast is not very flexible with scheduling which can be anytime between 6 am and 12 midnight. Other jobs I have worked at Comcast are paid competitively and schedules are consistant. Call center has high turn over of employees, and very little opportunity for advancement. Salary in the call center position is low compared to similar companies with similar work. Overall, the best thing about working in Comcast's call center is the comradery between co-workers. There are people of all ethnicities, race, and orientation. They make the job much more fun!
Pros
Co-workers, open door policy, medical and other benefits
Cons
10 hour shift gets no extra break, pay low comparatively, not flexible scheduling

Want to know more about Comcast?

Ask a question
Management needs HR training
Internet Security and Fraud Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Job deteriorated once new management appointed. A former supervisor physically threatened me and no action was taken by upper management after I reported it. One year later, this supervisor was promoted to Department Manager and I was let go. There were some trumped up charges and as long as I didn't seek legal council, they wouldn't fight my unemployment filing. Of course, I had no recourse because you cannot prove physical harassment if there's no evidence. In addition, as NJ is an at-will state, I couldn't do anything further.
Pros
Excellent training and comfortable office environment
Cons
Management "old boys" network, pay low but you got free cable TV.
great company to work for everyone is team orientated
Customer service, and retention (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 11, 2016
typical day at Comcast is being on the phones dealing with customer concerns and finding a resolution that meets both needs of the customer and company. the management is very involved with there team and the co-workers always there for each other. the hardest part of the job is the constant negativity of the calls it is retention and most of the time dealing with an issue that customers have struggled with and want to cancel services. the most rewarding is seeing your "score card" meeting your metrics means you did your job well (performance)
Pros
employee focus
Cons
shift bids not always fit into "your" life
Good job with benefits
Senior Communications Technician Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 23, 2015
Good job with good management. Benefits are great. Take home van, insurance, discount services, 401 k, stock options, vacation and sick time. Work long hours in customers homes and in the elements of every weather condition. Pay raises possible but not very high wages possible until you reach 5+ years of service.
Pros
Job security, Benefits, Stock Options
Cons
Working in the rain, snow, heat, cold, very nasty homes
Good place to work.
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE II (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg , PASeptember 28, 2015
Management and the work culture is great! Focused on how employees feel about there jobs. Free perks sometimes and lots of incentives.
Pros
Lots of incentives, great job culture, good management.
Cons
Not any room for advancement, work/life balance stinks, only 1 thing to do at Comcast is take calls.
Picky Picky Picky
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2016
The Management is poor over all, the supervisor talk very harshly to their technicians. They are very picky with your work to very T. The Manager always defends the supervisors over the technicians. HR is said to help out the technicians but that's not true. So over all it's all smoke and mirrors at this work place. They say don't sacrifice quality over quantity but then they complain about the amount of work you are completely. In reality you can try your best to do the most and best you can but that isn't enough for them because they keep asking for more perfect + perfect. Each supervisor preaches about what they want but at the end you still get lectured or talked down to.
Pros
Cheap Cable services and you take your truck home.
Cons
Over worked, under paid, and Little to no help from the higher ups.
Awesoe workplace, loved this company!
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 26, 2015
This company is awesome to work for. They really make you feel important, almost as if you were working for a small family company. The management is understanding and more than willing to help mold any areas that you are lacking in to make you as successful as possible. Add free Comcast services on top of that and you have an awesome place to build your future career.
Pros
Work lunches, free dress down days, and free Comcast services
Cons
any possibility of changing schedule are few and far between.
Overall Saticified
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 2, 2015
I love the work i do on a day to day basis, but I feel like the compensation could be a little bit better. I have learned a lot about wiring and networking. The company is so large that is difficult to tell you about the higher up management but the management at the local Oak Ridge office is fantastic. They are fair and understanding of most any circumstance. The most difficult part of my job is going in crawlspaces and attics. I really enjoy all of my co-workers. They make the job so much better. We all work together to get the day finished.
Pros
Great family feel withing technicians, working out of a company vehicle
Cons
working in the elements and crawlspaces and attics
Fun workplace! Lots of positive feedback! Ping pong tables, cafeteria, resources for information on anything you could possibly need
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 7, 2015
I love this job, The need for agents to be front line to assisting customers is what I loved the most. I was very successful at this job and had plenty of room for advancement.

I was able to make my desired income as an agent and there was plenty of room for advancement as I was on my way! The hardest part of this job was balancing the loss of an immediate member of my family and unfortunately I was not able to use the time for FML because I needed more time than was available.

Management was amazing! There was always someone around to help if needed, teams became like family.

Resources for gathering information to assist customers was easily accessible!

Future in this position had no cap off. There was not a limit to what you can do and who you can become.
Pros
benefits, appreciation days, incentives, bonuses, and much more!
Cons
Weird hours of operations, no graveyards which is a personal favorite
Professional environment, competitive but challenging to move up
Master Control Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 1, 2015
Comcast provides good training to further develop leaders, however consideration for those roles can be dependent on who you worked for and where you hope to go. Negative opinions can stifle opportunities and those being blocked have little hope of career growth. Some are fast-tracked while others never rise up.

Typical days are generally repetitive, though each day has different challenges, but the goal for each day/week/month is generally the same. Getting ideas to the top and then receiving credit for them can be another challenge.

Co-workers are friendly and hard-working. The general sentiment is everyone works hard but should be compensated better.
Pros
Strong benefits, 401k plan, discount cable, monthly/annual events to reward/motivate employees
Cons
Expected to work long/flexible hours with little notification, modest pay for significant contributions
Temp Job in stressful environment
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PennsylvaniaOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store, greeting customers, signing people in, assisting customers with payment kiosk, organizing line, taking returned equipment into stock room, stocking new equipment. My co-workers were very team oriented and fun to work with. Management was very tough but taught us to become more independent. The hardest part of the job was handling aggressive and angry customers on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with fun and easy going co-workers.
Pros
good pay, great co-workers, busy environment, set schedule
Cons
stressful situations, angry customers, no opportunity for promotion