Comdata Employee Reviews

Everyone was nice, but a bit unorganized
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with most of the people at Comdata, but the management and executive team is quite unorganized. Also, the work/life balance is a bit hard if you're a salaried employee. I understand wanting to make friends at work, but expecting people to work long hours just because you do doesn't go over well for many that actually like their families.

My advice would be to get everyone on the same page so they aren't being told different things all the time.
Pros
New workspace, Nice People
Cons
Bad Location, Stressful Work Environment, Unorganized Management Team
A reliable workplace I returned to after ten years
Sr. Unix/Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 31, 2017
Comdata was a mainstay of Nashville. I started here in a call center after high school, and still visited the call center - and kept them up to date with urgent matters. I had a feel for the "little guy" as a systems engineer. I took ill during my time there but had I not, and they had not been acquired, I'd like to think I'd still be there. My favorite place to work in general.
Pros
On-Site Cafeterea, high level of privacy to get work done
Cons
High managment turnover, too many project changes.
Easy and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 25, 2017
Comdata was the first call center I ever worked at. It taught me a lot about being patient with customers and taking call after call. This employer definitely prepared me for the position I'm in now.
Nice work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 15, 2017
Very nice management team. I enjoyed the work environment. The company offers a great benefits package. The pay is comparable to similar companies in the area. I would recommend others to work here.
stay away
Permit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2017
Seeking other employment. the job itself is not so bad but 2 years and not a single raise. All they say is "we're working on it" btw management SUCKS!
Horrible Place to Work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 3, 2017
High Turn Over rate, Upper Management incompetent, Release you to go home early having to use your PTO for the remaining work week, No room for advancement if you are work on the call center floor
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Unstable work environment, No Job security
ok company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2017
Great company but communication is not strong. Good culture and hard work is rewarded however, there are unrealistic goals and again communication is not a strong suit.
A Day that you are SICK
Call Cemter Rep (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJanuary 22, 2017
This company is friendly company but when it comes to being sick and you don not have any sick time to cover you absences the they start get really upset. They Will not look much at you dr notes that keep you out along time past even if you do have the ours. I was very sick and was at a lot of appoints and I loved that place to work. I as so upset to leave but they should look more into things
Pros
supervosrs/ environment
Cons
They need to think aout people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2016
Liked working here. Would recommend it to friends and family. Co-workers were a good group of folks to be around. Great location for shopping.
I found the projects interesting
Quality Assurance Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 24, 2016
I did not like this contract very much. The main reason was the building was very dirty and caused me to have constant breathing issues. I had never experienced that in any other office so this was disconcerting.

I did enjoy the people I worked with. They were very nice, very helpful, and very knowledgeable.
Pros
Agile Methodology, great people
Cons
Dirty work place
Change
Customer Relations Rep IV (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Comdata was purchased by Fleetcor in 2014. Since this time the culture has changed significantly. My most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of my customers. This can also be the hardest when other departments do not work cohesively in order to best serve the customer. I have learned many things in my time at Comdata. Increased patience more than any other. There is also no longer a career path for associates to receive training and/or improve their skills. Also, this creates an issue when attempting to be promoted.
Pros
My Customers
Cons
Change in the company's over all culture.
Good company
Tech Lead Distributed Apps (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Right sized company to be able to do many interesting things
good people and great location
CEO change very often so major directions change too often
Overall, was a good work environment. Had to relocate to MN.
Manager, Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 10, 2016
Comdata was a good company to work for, I needed to relocate to MN for a sick family member. I can honestly say after being there over 13 years, I still miss it. However apparently, they have been purchased by a new company and the atmosphere there has changed.
Pros
Bonus checks, always employee appreciation days each month.
Cons
Had too many employees to give positive feedback to.
High stress sales organization
Key Account Manager & Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 1, 2016
A recent buyout by Fleetcor has changed the personality and profile of the company. Difficult to match expectations with real world situations.
Pros
Good people
Cons
High stress metrics based management
Great Place to work. But no room for advancement
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 4, 2016
Comdata is a great place to work. Daily I would take incoming calls and assist truckers in creating permits. Management is knowledgeable and useful. The job culture laid back and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was explaining why a permit was not able to be issued due to a law or policy. The most enjoyable part was working thru an issue and receiving a desirable result.
Pros
Great job Culture
Cons
No room for advancement
Strategic Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 30, 2016
Excellent compensation depending on job requirements. Fun atmosphere and overall a great to work. I loved my time there and look forward to going back there someday
Not good Culture
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 23, 2016
I feel that there is no room for growth here. I have tried several times to grow and
move up in the company and find road blocks every step of the way. Then I see
people with less skills sets and less educational background then me move up
because of someone they know or they are on first or second shift. It funny to me
that no one can leave 3rd shift here in the call center the only way is to quit or be
fired. The culture of this company has changed and not a good way...
Pros
pay ok
Cons
management
productive work place
Client Administrator-Fuel Tax (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 22, 2016
working ours was awesome,

enjoyed work from home option.

was a small team, but very enjoyable environment.

awesome pay and benefits.
Comdata
Credit Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 20, 2016
Great patient populations however the staff does not work as a team. Lost of office politics and unprofessional behavior unbecoming of professionals.
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons
Staff untrustworthy
Comdata was bought out by FleetCor - Typical buyout problems
Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 5, 2016
Upper management does not care about employees. Prior to buyout by Fleetcor the management was average. Now there are few in upper management that care anything about making the company successful and providing a good work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comdata. Our community is ready to answer.