ComDoc was founded on October 15, 1955 in Akron, Ohio by Walter G. Griffith, as a business equipment sales/service organization. Griffith clearly understood the increasing demand for timely information and the opportunities afforded by evolving computing technology. ComDoc's name, coined in 1981, was derived from the words "COMmunication" and "DOCumentation" and continues to accurately describe the business today.
The company has grown rapidly from its original four employees and 1200 square foot office/warehouse. In 1957, offices were opened in Canton and Youngstown, Ohio, and product lines were expanded.
In 1977 ComDoc expanded into Syracuse. In 1980, the company opened offices in Buffalo, Erie, and Pittsburgh. Sales grew to $10 million, with a hundred and seventy-one employees, seven product groups, and eight sales locations.
ComDoc sales soared to $25 million in 1985, and an employee stock ownership plan was implemented. In 1989 Griffith appointed W. Riley Lochridge as president and CEO, and Larry Frank COO.
ComDoc has continued to add products and expand its core competencies commensurate with technological advancements in the information and document industries. Today the firm provides document solutions, consulting, designing, implementing, managing and monitoring document distribution strategies to help customers maximize the information or intelligence of their businesses. – less–ZoomInfo