COMDOC Employee Reviews

Fun environment! Great company! Pay you above and beyond! Good management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 19, 2017
Best product in the industry hands down! Great people to work with and fun environment! All about working smarter not harder. They treat you well and many incentives, you'll make more here than anywhere else in the industry
Lousy place to work.
Sr FIeld Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2017
No training provided. Their concept is paper in paper out.
If your a brown noser then this is the job for you.
Terrible territories,2 hour drive between calls not unusual. Atrocious at getting you proper documentation and to cheap to property train you.
Team leaders chosen by who is buddy buddy. Super micromanaged. Your a number chaser not a real field engineer. Would not recommend this if you have pride in your work.
Oh, also when you need a part, God forbid it's used because it's not going to be clean, and often because they have no clue that machine really are different you will be lucky to get the right or properly working part. Avoid working for this circus if you're a professional.
Pros
You hava a job.
Cons
Terrible training. Being sent to work on equipment you have never seen. And no docentation
I would recommend ComDoc to any technician with a good work ethic.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for. There was, of course, a great deal of driving to and from customer locations but, dealing with diverse personalities was rewarding.
Pros
Good management and great training and support
Cons
Extensive travel
Run
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2016
Stay away from this company, they have gone way down hill since being acquired by Xerox. Local management has no training or experience and are very unprofessional.
Good Old Boys Club
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 16, 2016
Unless your already "inside" the family, there's little to no opportunity for job growth here. Sales areas are stale at best and you have to fight to get those areas. Sales practices are deceptive at best. Automatic price increases and fees are hidden within contracts and go unmentioned when contracts are completed. Is it a sin to sell a church a used piece of junk with increasing cost (and likely more machine than they'll ever need) and then service it with used and generic parts? High turnover in all departments.
Pros
a paycheck (sometimes)
Cons
Calling themselves ethical
Trash
HP Dell Lexmark Printer Technician (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJune 16, 2016
Evil people are protected all the way up to HR.
Proof that nice guys finish last.
Great at taking you from gung-ho to wanting to run away.
ComDoc
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for! It truly is a family atmosphere that makes work enjoyable! I recommend ComDoc to everyone!
I was in the internship program which taught me a lot about customer service and customer care reports.
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Amherst, NYJanuary 20, 2016
My typical day at work would be assisting sales reps with presentations and how to assemble various copy and fax machines in front of potential customers. I would do follow-up calls for inactive accounts or accounts that already existed.

I learned that hard work creates results with inactive accounts. I also learned that you need to carry yourself in a very professional matter when dealing with all different types of customers.

My management team was great. I would be assigned certain tasks and have deadlines to meet and report back to the sales reps. It was a fun environment because their was a new challenge everyday.

I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. They taught me a lot and I would ask questions when I was unsure of how to approach the situation and they would be very helpful.

The hardest part was knowing it was an internship and no positions with the company were available with the company long term.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going to different site locations for the copiers and fax machines and meeting new people.
Great place until sold to Xerox
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  uniontown, ohioDecember 30, 2015
The HR department is run on the friends and family plan.

I really enjoyed my job until we sold out to Xerox, everything changed at that point.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
discrimination
N/a
Supply Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHNovember 13, 2015
At this time I do not wish to answer this questions; other than my direct co-workers were a great team to work with. Management within the department was poor, lack of communication and "team work."
Cons
No room for advancement / poor communications
Solid company
Senior account manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2015
Good work environment.
Invested in lots of employee training. Reasonable pay.
Hours were a bit much for salary though they did fill positions to ease burden on those who were overworked.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Overtime not covered.
Freedom to "manage" own job on a day to day basis; no micromanaging
Akron MPS Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2015
Work from home and in the office and customer visits; flexible and make own appts. with customers. Great coworkers and managers. Hardest part is not knowing what your schedule will be like from one day to the next in terms of appts with customers etc.
Pros
Nice work environment; flexible
Cons
Low wages in comparison to other companies with same job titles
Comdoc
Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 11, 2015
Work life was not good due to management. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the bad attitudes every day. One great thing is learning new things every day.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Health Care
Horrible Company and Pay
Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2015
ComDoc is one of the worst jobs I have had. The culture is so unprofessional and they do not care about their employees. The only thing they care about our themselves and how they can get ahead. They withhold commissions and will change your job whenever they feel like it. Very few people are happy with their roles, thus the office work environment is very toxic. They also do not value women who want to have a family. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work their.
Cons
Field Service of HP printers at customer locations.
Field Service Representative/Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Field service repair of HP printers at customer locations, primarily within Central Ohio area.
Schedule repairs with customers via phone calls prior to arrival to assess the problem and possibly resolve problem via phone. Preventative maintenance and repair of printers, tracking of parts inventory within own company vehicle. Provide technical support to other technicians on printers. Perform regular maintenance and upkeep of company vehicle.
Pros
company van
Cons
plenty of work currently
Enjoyable workplace
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2014
Comdoc is an enjoyable place to work. The people that are employed within the company are very friendly and are eager to assist in any way they can to contribute to the overall advancement of the company.
Challenging workplace.
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHFebruary 20, 2014
Good team player atmosphere People worked with very supportive and helped each other with obtaining goals for the department.
Pros
Nice area outside for employees to relax.
Cons
Healthcare.
Excellent salary, paid vacations, annual bonus
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2013
Excellent managers and co-workers
Good work rewarded by management
Team work
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some heavy lifting
Not a good work enviroment. Even though we worked on our own.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2013
ComDoc, initially seemed a good place to work. When they were bought by Global Imaging Systems the Management started becoming adversarial with the technicians. I would start from my home, be at my account by 8:00. Depending on my schedule, my next call could have been in the same town or three counties away. I had accounts in 11 different counties. At least 50% were equipment I was not trained on and had no documentation for. Teamwork amounted to me going to Columbus to help when needed. Vary rarely did I get help from techs working Columbus.
Pros
Working on my own.
Cons
Hostile work enviroment.
Current Employer Review: Acceptable
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2013
As a Sales Executive a typical work day entails heavy prospecting, meetings with owners of small-to-medium businesses to CEO's of larger corporations, and providing solutions to manage the print needs of ever-changing workplaces.
Pros
Gained invaluable selling abilities and increased business acumen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMDOC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7