Comedy Central Employee Reviews

Can be a fun place to work
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Network was great to work for, the changing media landscape has made it more stressful as the company struggles to adapt. Some questionable decision making and there is a frustrating lack of communication between workers and middle management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
revolving door of supervisors
Fun place to work when it was small
Music Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
. When Comedy Central 1st started, it was the best place on earth to work, fun, exciting and a place to learn your skills. Now its nothing like that at all..
Great place to work.
Music Composer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2017
This is my dream job! I got to sift through the Viacom library and sample anything I thought was suitable for the show. I would bring the sample into Pro Tools and then add my original production.
Pros
Worked with amazing talent.
Cons
Not enough work.
fun place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Good people. Great working experience. Fast pace work. Never a dull moment. Learning the technology that goes on behind the scenes was very interesting
Live comedy show A/V
Camera Operator and PA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 13, 2017
They provided everything we need to go to a venue and document a comedians performance. Final DVD production was received very well.
Pros
One time gig
Cons
One time gig
The best place to work!!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
I felt so nurtured and supported here. My boss was always there -- whether it was taking me out for coffee, or leaving his door open always in case I wanted to pop in and catch up. The perks were incredible: I met so many of my favorite comedians, shadowed live events backstage, and got front row tickets to the Daily Show any time I asked. The work was challenging, but manageable, and the expectations were clearly set. Viacom is a goal-driven culture, so if you can commit to the objectives you set for yourself you'll do great. I LOVED my time at Comedy Central!
Pros
The comedy lover's dream job
Cons
Team restructures were common
Great work culture, creative environment
Social Media Strategy Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
I loved working here. I looked forward to coming in everyday and being surrounded by such creative and intelligent individuals. I learned so much here as just an intern.
Its Comedy Central, can't ask for better
Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
Comedy Central is a great place to work. Great people. Fun events. Not in Times Square. Join the softball team and don't leave.
Productive Fun workplace with great Management
Manager, Original Programming and Development (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at work includes answering emails, answering phone calls, managing projects, strategizing, giving notes, and some goofing around.

I learned various facets of video production, all about the television industry, how to communicate within and navigate a corporation, social media marketing and strategy, and management skills.

My coworkers are fantastic.

Hardest part of my job is managing up.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the content we create together.
Pros
Fantastic Management, Fun environment
Cons
Undervalue their employees monetarily
Always Focusing on Improvement
Off-Air Creative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
This is a great network to spend part of your career. Projects are almost always something you can personally feel a part of. And there's potential to make a difference, and grow in your career, if you're motivated and have good ideas.
Pros
Cons
Location is off the beaten track
Comedy Central
Program Acquisitions, Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Usually fun but always a learning experience. You could get lost in the shuffle because it's such a large company.
Fast paced
Producer's Assistant Temp Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Set up and break down sets. Co-workers were nice. Hardest part of the job is staying on top of everything
As hilarious a place to work as you imagine it would be
News Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2014
I had the privilege of working with some of the smartest, sharpest, FUNNIEST people I have ever met (or WILL ever meet) in my life. A wonderful three years at Comedy Central.
Excellent organization to work for
Contract Manager, Business & Legal Affairs (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 9, 2013
I learned a lot at this company - I've been here for 13 yrs. Its a fun environment, be a good administrator, track rights and options, learned about package commissions, etc., I have had a very valuable experience here. Most enjoyable part of my job is laughing! The people are awesome! I've made life long friends here.
Pros
Free coffee, bagel day, celebrity sightings, an awesome fun and hardworking president.
Cons
my department has a really slow growth and promotion rate
Animation writing
Writer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2013
Fun show with manageable hours and great guys to work with on both shows. Learning a lot about producing on a budget. Show getting better with each season.
Pros
Hours, creative content
Cons
Location, unpaid lunches
Production assistant for Chappelle's Show (Comedy Central)
Production Assistant for "Chappelle's Show" (Former Employee) –  NYCApril 21, 2013
Great place & team. Ran errands, delivery of VIP materials to and from set, on-set assistance and driving of talent to and from set locations.
Pros
funny and enjoyable, seeing work done on national tv
Cons
long hours, show was cancelled after a few seasons
Fun Workplace and Interesting Tasks
Development and Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 18, 2013
I loved interning for Comedy Central. Reading scripts was a big aspect of the job which was interesting and entertaining. Overall the people in office were nice and fun to work with.
Fun place to work, great experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2011
When working here, the people couldn't be nicer, the job was tons of fun and I was treated very well.