Comerica Bank Employee Reviews

great place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 21, 2017
assist customer over the phone and online with their banking needs. Could be balances, transactions, or rates or help them log in online with resetting passwords
good business lending, fast paced , high expectations
First Level Officer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work learned a lot, great business products competitive rates, Day to day customer service, schedule meetings and events with clients & potential prospects.
Pros
fleixble, fast paced
Cons
expectation can be high, competitive atmosphere
Trust Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2017
I was very fortunate to have two great bosses. They gave me the tools to work with and encouraged further training. The work was steady and enjoyable. Working in the Trust Department was intersting.
Pros
Good benefits if needed, Pto
Cons
Not much room for advancement in my area
Massive layoffs in IT
Vice President, Enterprise Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 18, 2017
Impossible to get anything done. Massive red-tape. Massive layoffs in IT a year ago. I have to write more at least 150 chARACTERS I guess for some strange reason
good place to work
Branch Manager/Vice President (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CASeptember 15, 2017
Good place to work..competitive pay, less stressful place. well recognized brand. flexibility and supervisors are good to work with. open communication channels.
Workplace culture
Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Workplace culture is good. Comerica needs more professional people to join them for better progress in business for better competitiveness. I made progress when I work for comerica and comerica helped me relocated from taiwan to us. I really appreciate comerica very much.
Challenging and Fastpaced
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 12, 2017
I worked in the accounts receivable department processing payment for several accounts. The managers and company was very nice to work for. I received several opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Job advancement opportunities
Cons
Cut throat sabotage work to get people fired
Controller III (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2017
This place should be shut down prejudice
Have gotten away with setting up employees and getting them fired
Operations center in livonia
Downtown corporate office
Management was so crooked it was ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Prejudice cut throat shady
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 8, 2017
Comerica Bank is a good company to work for if you're hired in the proper role. They have some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. Employees at Comerica really care about their customers and focus on relationship banking versus just opening accounts. The Comerica culture is outstanding however career advancement is not often available.
Pros
Good benefits and Nice staff
Cons
Career advancement is minimial depending what role you're hired in
Professional job with great and caring coworkers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Beginning of the month as a teller is usually a fast-pace work environment with many tasks, later on the month the pace slows own but there is always something to do. I've learned a lot about customer service and about sales goals. Management take their job serious, and make sure everything is done by the rules set in place. I enjoy the customer experience, and the hardest part ca be dealing with situations you are not experience on butt that's always a good thing to learn from.

Want to know more about Comerica Bank?

Ask a question
Data Entry
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 6, 2017
Enjoyed working in a team environment while learning how to process payments from customers. When leaving Comerica I had a better understanding of how the payment process is handled behind the scenes. Very flexible working environment. Management was pleasant.
Pros
flexible hours
Great colleagues and collaborative environment
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 30, 2017
Overtime is often required to meet project deadlines. The team I was on not supported by upper management. The overall IT culture has changed dramatically in past few years due to reorganization. One of the hardest parts of the job was having to write your own performance review. The colleagues I worked with made my job easier as they were always willing to offer their assistance when needed.
Pros
Great benefits
Great Place to AWork lotsd of fun
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 30, 2017
great customers loved opening new accounts, they had a great training program! we were in side a Randalls grocery store and we did very well getting new clients
Pros
fund raisers for MS
Cons
no cons
Terrible place
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2017
From the out of touch management, to the constant waste of time calls, a truly sad environment. Basically no advancement opportunity & monotony every day of constant micro-managing.

Pathetic leadership, false promises and arcane systems. End up doing other peoples' tasks because incompetency is so extreme.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Management; a long list
My last work location was downtown and I enjoyed the options for lunch.
System Specialist - Dealer Operations and Audit (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI35August 29, 2017
30 years of service Comerica Bank was a good place to work. I enjoyed every department I worked and I loved the people. at Comerica bank in the Dealer Operations and Audit no two days were the same. The work place culture was laid back and relaxed. Everyone respected each other.
Pros
Nice people, good benifits
Excellent
On-Line Banking Agent I (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 28, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great work environment. I learned how to deal with angry customers by using patience to get their problem resolved professionally.
Pros
Bonus for doing a good job.
Cons
Very strict
Fast Paced work culture
Retail Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 26, 2017
its a competitive work place. Too much stress on getting new business through cold calling and canvasing. colleagues are great and so are the trainers.
Excellent place to Wrok
Opportunity for advancement
Team oriented
Family First
Great Benefits
Great place to work until retirement
Overall ok
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
It was a nice place to work! Overall I enjoyed my time there! The employees were nice, and we're always willing to help whenever needed. The company does a good job making sure your prepared and knowledgeable of all products before proceeding to the call floor. I would work for this company again.
great bank which provides all training and tools for advancement
1st LEVEL OFFICER- INTERNATIONAL TRADE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
This is the best bank to work for, it provides a professional and friendly environment.

The bank is very aware of the importance of training and keeping up to date with all internal rules and government regulations.

The bank provides internal classes for all employees and opportunity to assist seminars and trainings from out sources.

The bank is very well organized with its annual employee reviews, clear on its expectations and compensates accordingly.

Everyone is treated with respect and acknowledged as a valuable asset to the success of its business.
Pros
annual reviews and increases or bonus
Cons
downsized and closed several offices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comerica Bank. Our community is ready to answer.