Comerica Bank

Comerica Bank United States Employee Reviews

stable culture
credit analyst (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 23, 2015
Working with a young group of professionals
Protected during acquisition and transition
Opportunities to advance
Fun working environment, not too stressful compare to other bank jobs.
Pleasant atmosphere,and many opportunities for advancement.
Lead Printer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good pay, advancements possible, healthcare
Sorting work to be printed and setting them in priority. Distributing the jobs among the associates according to priority. When finishing jobs contact customers that their jobs are completed.
All of the associates worked as a team to get the jobs done and done correctly. We made it a fun atmosphere to work in by working as a team .
Rewarding and plenty of advancement opportunities
Account Receivable Clerk I (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: Every 6 months work evaluations
Cons: Little stressful
This corporation has a variety of areas of employment opportunities. Their compensation/benefits package is good and they treat their employee fair.
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 13, 2015
It was great just like a big family I just had to part ways to look for full time employment. They treat every employee just like family.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Metro DetroitApril 10, 2015
Pros: Volunteer opportunities
Cons: Needs to update technology
Good place to work. Helpful and loyal employees who are very hard workers. Good benefits are offered. Great community volunteer opportunities.
Good, professional company to work for
Staff Auditor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 9, 2015
The culture is relatively old and fairly stuck in its ways. The people are great, the work/life balance is great, but it's not a company as modern or forward thinking as others in Detroit (ie. QuickenLoans).
Excellent International Trade Services
Vice President and Team Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Training and career development, fun co-workers, excellent health benefits, great holiday parties.
I was fortunate to work for a very forward thinking management group who believed in training and development of staff. A well trained staff can provide excellent customer service in international trade services.

My managers were my mentors and I learned so much about effective management skills from them. The hardest part of the job as a team leader was when I was promoted within the team - suddenly I was my co-workers' boss. Fortunately, I worked with a terrific team that helped ease the transition.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping staff members determine their career goals and develop performance plans to assist them. I loved promoting people!
Variety of intrepretive duties and fun place to work
Merger Transitional Employee (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Employee accounts, benefits, holiday recognition
Cons: short breaks
Large range of banking products ,competitive fee
schedule ,community customers, ATM access hands on training and large clientale.
Corporate politics and game playing often interferred with linear and logical goal achievements.
PROJECT MANAGER - Automotive Tier One EDI/ACH (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 1, 2015
Corporate mission was admirable, however often obscured at middle management level. Lack of control of this mid management led to much waste.

Otherwise excellent place to work. Clean, fast paced environment. Always busy and encourage independent work.
productivity at its best
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work involves interaction with management/ Stakeholder on different aspects of business continuity management, identifying strategies and testing the same on annual basis. Every aspect has its own project management cycle and reporting. The most challenging and enjoyable part of the job is to be able to build relationship with the stakeholder and continuously nurture the same. At the same time its important to have a peer to peer discussion to understand the business as a whole especially while handing *** for a large scale organisation
The round table sessions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: receiving that coveted roar award
Cons: not able to satisfy customer
The International division of wire transfer was most interesting because on a daily basis you were in contact with persons from all over the world seeking or transferring funds. Not all were successful for any giving reason .You could visualize the smile on their faces when you made that phone call or email to inform them that the funds are available.
Highly production workplace
First Level Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2015
High production with accuracy and speed. High degree of inclusion and diversity. Co-workers were very professional and team oriented.
Great bank!
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 13, 2015
They pay was low, but I had great leadership. The only reason I left was because I moved to another state. Bonuses are always a plus.
I love selling comerica products to my customers
Teller (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: I love working with my co workers
Cons: I hate getting robbed
I love selling ATM cards and opening up checking and saving accounts to my customers, I love selling canadian money to my customers. I didn't like getting robbed
Very Productive company
Clerk/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches and wellness meetings
Cons: short breaks and little pep meetings
My typical day starts off little busy and tapers down in the afternoon. I was able to learn how to use the computer and different programs. Hardest part was making the deadlines and getting the stuff out on time. Most enjoyable getting things done early.
Incompetent Directors, Auditors and Bankers!
AUDITOR (Former Employee), LivoniaFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: branch service ok
Cons: most of their corporate office needed to be let go immediately!
Beware of this company's advertising!!! Their audit and accounting departments were staffed by consultants and temps that are clueless of time and space. They also try to get the company's new full time employees to quit / get fired! If you are an accountant /auditor /compliance specialist beware before you accept employment! These departments were like a revolving door and can cause serious financial and career harm to you!

On a positive note, I have heard that there were attempts to improve this matter.
Fun place to work before it became mega corporate
Assistant Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Fun place to work before it became mega corporate. Fun place to work before it became mega corporate.Fun place to work before it became mega corporate.Fun place to work before it became mega corporate
Good Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 26, 2015
hard balance between personal life, management can be improved. Everything is hands on, learn as you go. Good benefits.
I had some wonderful years at Comerica.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Comerica was a decent place to work for in regards to the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See in box below
Lending Assistant III (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: bi-weekly pay
Cons: when other people would come to the door to ask non related work questions
A typical workday at Comerica Bank is assisting lenders with the daily operation of assisting the bankers and customer with daily request.
I learned that you have to be very attentive to internal as well as externals customers need.
Management was very fun and made your day a easy process.
My co-workers were very easy going.
The hardest part of my job was working for 7 bankers at one time, when another co-worker left the department.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had group birthday celebrations and that everyone in a group of 20 people were able to get along without any bickering.

1 2 3 4 5

About Comerica Bank

Comerica's Technology and Life Sciences Division is one of the nation's leading technology banking practices, offering a wide – Read more

Comerica Bank Salaries