Comerica Incorporated

Comerica Incorporated Employer Reviews

Great company. lots of internal opps
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, internal growth, customer centricity
Cons: under staffed, old technology
overall great place to work. values customer service and customer centricity. Great benefits and PTO. Always under staffed.
stressful
Retail Personal Banker (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2014
very aggressive, be ready to sale. there is nothing else to say
overworked and underpaid
Trust Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2014
very overworked, no real backups to the work on your desk, very underpaid especially compared to other companies/similar jobs, not at all forward thinking to improve processes, just kept piling on the work
Good Company
Cost Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no formal trainig
Good company,good benefits, no formal training, nice people
Productive place to work for, Great skills learned.
Clerk, Teller, ACH Professional, CIRS Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: customer contact both internal and external
Cons: unavailability of management for situations
I always arrived at work on time, sometimes arriving early. I would separate the morning mail between the different areas in the department that I worked. I would process the current days work in a timely manner. If I finished with my assigned work, I would ask the other analyst that I worked with, if they needed any assistance with the processing of – more... the work.
I have learned the necessary skill to handle all types of situations that are provided during the normal day.
Management always wanted the analysts to process their work and if a situation arose, try to process and If any additional help was needed, then request the help from a Senior Analyst.
The hardest part of the job was trying to process the work when there is a shortness of staff and the work is heavy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is all the contacts that you make with all the different areas and Internal and External individuals that you meet. – less
Comerica Lockbox
Bank by Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Easy job but the management make the simplest of things difficult.
Very behind the times
Administrative Assistant/Office Management (Current Employee), Los Gatos, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits are ok. if you have a good manager, that can make all the difference.
Cons: too rigid, conservative, old fashioned, too focused on sales.
Comerica is struggling to keep up with technology. They are reactive rather than proactive. A lot of crony-ism, it's a real "old boys club." Lots of gossip.

Very stodgy and old fashioned. It is very hard to sell their products because they are so outdated.

The transaction software is DOS for crying outloud! Many systems are so far behind that the – more... vendor won't support the product anymore. We had a computer with a floppy drive! – less
Too much work, not enough pay
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), MichiganSeptember 3, 2014
Not enough pay, do too many different duties and not enough pay for all the work.
A great bank
Teller (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great branch, fun activities
Cons: short staffed
a customer service oriented job, cash handling, balancing, sales.
management helpful, a great opportunuty to advance. I am always a team player.
N/A
Deposit Processor (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2014
Best place to work at. It is stress free and professional. I enjoy every second working at this Bank.
Strong Company
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaAugust 18, 2014
A typical day starts off with team huddles followed by one of many conference calls throughout the week that repeat the same material.

Middle management seems to believe in fire drills, everything is the focus and must be done this minute. There also seems to be a lack of focus and direction in middle management. Often times they condradict themselves. – more... Many locations are now very short staffed as a result of daily beat down calls, high expectations and no real support to validate the goal structure.

My team is awesome, despite any middle management issues they work very hard and as a result we are one of the top performing teams in the region. Shows that goals and lack of support from above should not get in the way of being successful. Challenges are what make winners.

The hardest part of the job is overcoming a real lack of competetive bank technology with respect to larger banks. This is the only part out of my control, all other parts are in my control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when my team lands a big business deal we have worked hard on for months. Also creating a fun work environment to help produce strong performance numbers. I have always believed that a good work environment creates a team that doesn't hate coming to work so they perform with loyalty and joy. – less
Analytical Skills Increased
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: my supervisor had an open door policy
Comerica Bank was a great place to work at because I was thoroughly trained to become a precise credit analyst.
Comerica Bank is a great place to work.
Assistant Manager II (Former Employee), Northville, MIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits health and retirement account.
I had so much fun working at Comerica Bank, the most enjoyable part of my Job was the relationships I made during my 13 years with Comerica employees and customers.
I started in 2001 as a support utility teller and I got promoted 6 times during those 13 years that I worked for Comerica Bank.
I wished Comerica Bank would open offices in Corpus Christi – more... I would go back to work for this company in a heartbeat. – less
UNDERWRITING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 7, 2014
Great work environment, wonderful training program. Fast paced and challenging work keeps you busy and evolving.
Great co-workers
Global Capital Markets Processing Analyst I (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 6, 2014
Working with some great people was one of the most rewarding parts of working with Comerica Bank.
Training and Management is not the greatest
Analyst (Current Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 6, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: benefits, raises, lack of advancement opportunities
I have worked for this company for over 10 years and have been in a few different departments. The culture has really changed over the past few years. The management is getting worse and the lack of training is horrible. And then when you are not trained properly and you make a mistake they are wondering why. I am very disappointed with this company – more... the last 5 years. – less
Good place to begin entry level as this was my only expererience
KYC Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2014
Management was great. No micromanaging and fun environment to work at. Good work culture.
decent starting job
Wire Transfer Investigation Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 22, 2014
i decent job to start with but limited number of advancements available. if you are looking for a job where you can stay in for your entire career apply.
Hands on and close knit company.
Cash Vault Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: all of the operations were in 1 building
Cons: advancement opportunities were not available in texas, only in michigan.
Typical day included planning events and forecasting, learned how effectively communicate with all lines of business. My co-workers were very supportive and worked as a team to accomplish goals.
Great Starter Job
Teller (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 19, 2014
I worked for Comerica in my early twenties. It was a great starter job and the pay was good for that time.

1 2 3 4 5