Comerica Incorporated

Comerica Incorporated Employer Reviews

Senior Personal Banker
Sr. Personal Banker (Former Employee), century city caDecember 11, 2014
Pros: i am a people person.
open new accounts, manage staff, loans, answer telephones, cold calling,sale. Deal with businesses, build a client relationship. I really enjoyed working at Comerica. I really enjoyed working with my Co workers.
I loved working at the banks loc-box center
Extractor (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work started at 5am processing payments for different accounts. I learned how to process hospital accounts, city taxes, health insurance, car notes, apartment complexes, and many more. Management to me did not work as a team. My co-workers and I were like family, we attended each others weddings, birthdays, baby showers etc. and some – more... of us are still in contact. The hardest part of that job was working so called overtime on one day but the next day going home early because of the overtime the day before. My problem with that is, as a part timer with only 15-24hrs in a week, staying over was never overtime for us. The most enjoyable part of that job was my co-workers, we worked as a team to get the job done. – less
Its all about sales goals
Teller/Customer service (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good hours and a lot to learn.
Cons: crushing you with sales goals
This job will teach you a lot, very good hours. but the bank only cares about sales goals never employees. you can get fired for not reaching your sales goals even if your are a very good teller who balances every day with good attendance. higher management makes the sales goals without any regards to the branch location and if the goals are reasonable – more... or not. they always compare you to other tellers and tell you how come so and so teller is reaching her goal and you are not. – less
Learned so much working for the bank.
Stock Opts Admin/HRIS Reporting Analyst/HR Support (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 28, 2014
Pros: location was good.
Cons: parking was expensive.
Starting off in HR at Comerica was a good place to start a career. I worked with so many great people and learned so much about customer service and human resources.
Excellent place to start !!
IAM Role Engineer (Current Employee), auburn hills, MINovember 26, 2014
Pros: pressure-free environment, nice co-workers
Cons: last minute escalations at work
Good people, nice learning curve, pretty laid-back, No work pressure which is very important for any fresher to understand and do his job effectively, pretty much anyone can chip in if you have a good attitude.
Very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Midland, MINovember 25, 2014
Offered great benefits and competitive pay. Was able to actively participate in sales meetings and when offered, creative ideas were always considered. Strengthened my knowledge of consumer products and services; referring loans and deposit products to consumer and small business customers and prospects. Also developed networking and prospecting skills – more... to build/establish relationships with customer base. – less
Excellent starting company with long-term potential
Underwriting Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good culture; excellent work-life balance; friendly, knowledgeable employees
Cons: lower pay than industry standards; lack of career path outside of lending.
Comerica is an excellent place to start your banking career; the organization is well run, and has a strong sense of identity. As a new Analyst/Underwriter, you will be trained and immediately allowed to participate in the full range of credit approval process.

The one major draw-back to a career at Comerica is the strong need placed on lending experience – more... in order to move up. It is a near impossibility for an individual to rise out of the credit staff into any kind of credit approval position without spending 3-5 years minimum on the lending side. This effectively places a 4-year cap on anyone not interested in becoming a lender.

All that said, if lending is where you want to take your career, Comerica is very skilled at growing young talent. – less
n/a
CSR II, Vault Teller (Current Employee), n/aNovember 13, 2014
Good company work for. Each location has a variety of different people who are passionate about their jobs and have fun daily.
Great Customer Service
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Brighton, MINovember 11, 2014
If your looking for a stable strong bank then Comerica is it. They pride them selves in customer service, and I found that the office I had the pleasure to work in, were the best in service. Hilton rd. in Brighton,MI
family oriented
Active Directory Engineer - Consulting (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 8, 2014
Pros: strong team
Cons: limited advancement
The normal typical days work. The teams work in a cohesive unit.
BUSINESS / FINANCE / MANAGEMENT
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Detroit, MINovember 6, 2014
Customer Care/ Corporate Banking/ Project Finance Project Management/ Financial Accountability/ Analytical/ Office Administration/ Due Diligence/ Relationship Management Decision Making/ Time Management/ Business Administration Problem Resolution/ Leadership/Management/ Streamline Department/ Coach/Mentor/ Planning/ Verbal/Written Communication/ Problem – more... Solving / Organizing

Polished and accomplished financial professional with multiple years of experience in the banking industry. Proficient in streamlining tasks and easing the work of corporate executives, significantly increasing efficiency, productivity and overall effectiveness. Considered a leader, mentor and motivator; recognized for proactively and effectively directing a team to deliver results.

Frequent recipient of performance-base recognitions.
Inspire successful results by focusing on goals, teamwork, and cooperation.
Organized, meticulous, sense of urgency, excellent follow-through skills and high level of communication skills.
Foster strong relationships with key clients and decision makers.
Persuasive communicator; well developed verbal/written and presentation skills; able to communicate effectively and build rapport with external and internal clients, able to listen actively and attentively. – less
Amazing Company
Branch Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee), Milpitas, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: job advancement
from working on the teller line to help manage the branch it was always a GREAT time at Comerica.
Banking Industry
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 31, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, training is made available to employees, full-service cafeteria onsite.
Comerica is a great place to work. They encourage employees to improve their skills, whether taking additional training or going to college. The benefits are great and the work atmosphere is team-oriented. I truly enjoyed working for Comerica Bank.
Review already submitted
First Level Officer (Current Employee), MichiganOctober 27, 2014
Please see previous review. Work life balance was a miss a lot of the time. Management can range from amazing to very poor. It is a good place to get your feet wet. Advancement opportunities can be limited depending on the department.
Comerica bank had a lot for me to learn
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 24, 2014
Pros: take break anytime i want
Cons: one break only
I've learned so much about IT and other business field, I've learned to manage my time, learned how to communicate with others
Productive workplace
CSR Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: location
Taking inbound calls assisting customers cross selling them on different bank products.
These bank products include checking and savings accounts, CDs and IRAs, Mortgage and different loan types, including business accounts.
Assisting customer with any technical online questions like their web banking and any online activity.
Also creating opportunities – more... with the customers on sales leads, then following up with them on a later date to see if they have took advantage of the service, and see if the customer as any further questions.
NMLS 512007 – less
Meeting productivity as the daily goals
Lock Box Clerk/ Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: extra vacation time
Cons: benefits and pay
* Fast paced environment
* I learned that communication is very important to ensure that everyone is on one accord
* Management is great very professional
* My co-workers are hard workers and they take pride in their work
* I never look at the job being hard this only happens if he/she allows their workload to become complicated
* Working with leaders – more... and co-workers who motives each other – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Brighton, MIOctober 20, 2014
I been running the head teller window for 6 months now while the head teller has been gone. I have also done it off and on for the last 12 years. It has gave me great learning experience has a head teller at a bank. My co-worker are great and we work well as group.
Great company. lots of internal opps
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, internal growth, customer centricity
Cons: under staffed, old technology
overall great place to work. values customer service and customer centricity. Great benefits and PTO. Always under staffed.
stressful
Retail Personal Banker (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2014
very aggressive, be ready to sale. there is nothing else to say

1 2 3 4 5