ComForcare Senior Services Employee Reviews in United States

experienment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2016
Every job has a good and bad day. It's up to you to make the best of it. You have to remember some clients can't tell you if he/she is in pain, something is bothering them/things in that nature. I've learn a lot with different clients.
comforcare
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 9, 2016
A typical day working for Comforcare Senior Services is super amazing. caring for elderly people was very exciting. my co-worker was very helpful.
A very productive place to work with great management from owner/operator
RN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 10, 2016
I have gained a great deal from working at ComForCare. It has been a tremendous experience for me and I will always cherish the time I am there.
Good company to work for!
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXMarch 6, 2016
Management and staff are very supportive! Great work environment! I may return to ComForCare and work with them as an RN. Pay is better than most Home Health Agencies.
Excellent Company to work for
Elderly & Mentally Disabled Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CA 92234February 22, 2016
I loved my job here as a case manager for elderly and mentally disabled. They taught ne so much and over all were just an excellent company.
Just a Job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 15, 2016
ComforCare is simply just a job and nonetheless I am thankful for it. However, I am personally overqualified for this job, especially when compared to the majority of people they hire. I've been at this job for 3 years and I have never seen so many unqualified people be hired to take care of the elderly. They will literally hire ANYBODY. Alcoholics, drug addicts, people who can't read/write/or speak English fluently, people who are physically incapable of doing the job and who seem to need home health care themselves! Shoot, I've seen them hire many young teenagers and old women who can't even cook! Which, might I add, is a big part of the job!

I guess what can you expect when you get paid $10/hr and only see a raise ONE TIME IN THREE YEARS. Considering clients pay approximately 3 times that amount for our services, I might just be better off working for myself. It sure does make me wonder where all the money goes. In fact, a 10 cent raise is just an insult. However, if you are a capable person who doesn't like to do much, this might be the job for you. A lot of time it just involves sitting and keeping clients company and talking with them. Hence why I am ok staying here, making my stupid $10/hr.

The scheduling is "flexible", meaning you can choose how many shifts you want to work and in that respect, it would be a good job for mothers with children. The tricky thing about this business is that when people die, you're out of work. Plus, it's just plain sad getting to know people and then losing them to death.

The job does have it's perks though, like personal gratification
  more... for helping people on a daily basis.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, nice staff to work with
Cons
not enough hours, no coworkers, boring
very energetic and productive during work.
Medical Assistant/ Home Health Aid (Current Employee) –  Bergenfield, NJJanuary 28, 2016
My typical day at work is very easy going. I like the people that i work with and i always manage to be very caring and understanding so that the person that i am working with is satisfied.
Pros
people are very nive
Cons
do not get paid enough for what I do.
Home health
Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2016
Home health is a very hard job to work because you have no co-workers and you have to figure things out on your own. I had no work to life balance because no labor laws govern home health care so I could work 72 hour shifts and no one cared.
Pros
Patients
Cons
hours
fun place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  10 davidson ave. jamesburgJanuary 11, 2016
Staff friendly. encouragement but less hours offered. you will make agreement for fulltime but it is never available.
Pros
staff friendly. normal pay according to titles.
Cons
poor hours given
Rewarding job
Care taker for the special needs and elderly (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 3, 2016
Drove to every client to take care of them and give them company. Didn't work with any of the other employees it was just me. The best part was seeing the clients smile and knowing you made their day a little better by helping them and making them laugh. The hardest part was driving so far every day.
Cons
short notice of new client, messed up on pay a lot, didnt seem to have things in order.

Want to know more about ComForcare Senior Services?

Ask a question
Great company to work for
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTJanuary 1, 2016
Comforcare is a wonderful company to work for; they are flexible with hours and the workplace is very welcoming. A very independent job which provides a great experience
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not always enough hours
Enjoyed the clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2015
Good company to work for. Enjoyed the clients, office staff could use a little better communication skills with staff.
A Little Unprofessional
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 22, 2015
Atypical work day would be with a client.
I havent really learned much that i didnt already know.
Management was horrible
I Always Worked Alone.
The Hardest part of the job was the Hoyer Lift.
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Was Getting To Know The Elderly.
Wonderful!
Licensed Practical Nurse/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 7, 2015
The owner is wonderful. She was awesome to work for and truly loves what she does. She makes sure that each resident is taken care of fully. I would recommend that anyone who is looking for home care, contact this company
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDNovember 22, 2015
As an Executive assistant. I have learnt patient intake, visit patient and facilitate aid as an home aide. Therefore, I was wearing several hats. I like the environment since I was working alone with minimal supervision. However, limited hours to continue as a full-time employee.
Pros
Meeting with patients
Cons
Unable to continue as full-time
Pay is very bad
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2015
The owners of this company I worked for have sold out to someone new so I am not sure what the company is like to work for now. However, when I was employed there, the pay was horrible and I got a pay decrease for working an overnight position, below minimum wage.
CNA cares and helping people
Resident Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 10, 2015
Performed many different tasks for different kinds of patients. Had to do vitals and do showers and cleaning and range of motion and use hoyer lift by self and able to transfer patients per self to chair of beds. Also did tasks if patients needed help with shopping and person needs from store.
Pros
worked around school schedule
Cons
Called in all the time and no other staff to fill in
Fast paced.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 10, 2015
Depending on position company is fair. The employees go the extra mile for the clients. When help is needed they offer a large amount of support.
Pros
Private duty. One client.
Cons
the pay
Horrible Company
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 9, 2015
New Owner has made the working for the company unbearable. They constantly change your schedule and then you end up without any hours.
Not a good place to work if you want $$$
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2015
Never get a raise. Job performance doesn't matter everyone makes the same. Great management here people!! Look elsewhere
Pros
ABOSOLUTELY NONE!!!
Cons
MANAGEMENT SUCKS!!