ComForcare Senior Services

ComForcare Senior Services Employer Reviews

A fun place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2014
I learned how to care for the geriatric population
I learned to make someone feel comfortable having someone else do everything for them.
I worked alone and only with my clients
Good Job
Administrative Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMay 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Enjoyed all aspects of the employment. Busy days always, never a dull moment. Management was wonderful and helpful, Coworkers were excellent, Hardest part of job not being able to help someone; Best part is when you could help someone, all working as a team!
Great Job Placement
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Miami DadeMay 1, 2014
A great place to work.
They perform above expectations.
They keep their employees motivated.
Very interesting place of employment
Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHApril 28, 2014
Pros: very interesting place of employment
Cons: no room for advancement and not enough clients
Meet with a variety of clients each day. Punctuality is very important. However, there were not enough clients with many hours needed.
Fun and always meeting new clients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), vernon hillsApril 22, 2014
I provide care to seniors I assist with adult daily living, I assist client with light house keeping, grocery shopping, bathing, dressing, medication reminders, preparing meals. I love working with my clients I enjoy being able to help and make their life a little easier.
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee), Vista, CAMarch 28, 2014
I learned alot there and miss it. If you enjoy making a difference in peoples lives then this could be the place for you
productive and nice place to work for
HHA/CNA (Current Employee), Avon, CTMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work for, works around your hours. Easy going Pts, which are a joy to be around
Nice Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), La Grange, ILMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company, because you were able to pick your own schedule and when you wanted to work.
GREAT place to learn and get experience in healthcare
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 22, 2014
Pros: experience, pay, management
Cons: benefits
Working at Comfor Care was perfect for me because they were flexible to my schedule. I am thankful the opportunity not only to meet new people, but to learn about so many different disease processes and mental health aspects of the nursing career I was working towards. My manager was SUPER nice!! I honestly think the hardest part of this job was cutting – more... my hours back when I started nursing school and not being able to see my clients and co-workers! If you do not mind driving (mileage is paid) this job is perfect!!! – less
Traveling to Clients and taking care of them
Caregiver (Current Employee), Jackson, WIMarch 18, 2014
Taking care of Residents
Customer Service
making clients smile
taking clients shopping or to appointments
Great place to work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Monroe, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: too many to mention.
Cons: only part time work
Great place to work. Dedicated, knowledge and hard working co-workers.
Fun environment
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Covina, CAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: you are eligible to make your own schedule
Cons: hours are not stable.
As a caregiver through ComForcare, you work as a respite for families who have special needs children or geriatric patients within their own home. A typical work day would include, feeding, playing games and entertainment, daily hygiene and finally bed time routine.
Nice Staff
Private Caregiver (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2014
Good company to work for. Nice staff. I am still new so still getting to know the logistics.
Excellent company to work for.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Macedonia, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Supervior is great, they always do their part as a company, show appreciation to customers as well as employees. I would recommend anyone with passionate for elderly to work for this company.
Rewarding and compassionate work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: working for a good cause.
Cons: lack of healthcare provided
I learned how interesting elderly patients can be, I grew to be more passionate towards their needs, I also learned how to apply organization and detail to my work to ensure it was completed efficiently and correctly.
Productive and good environment work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 13, 2014
An awesome place very nice co-workers. enjoyable part working with the home bound clients.
Good for Caregivers that like to be an ON-Call employee.
NAC/CNA (Current Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 30, 2013
Pros: very flexible scheduling for single mom's or students who don't need a lot of hours.
Cons: no benefits, too many cna's and not enough clients, poorly managed
This employer seems to be okay if you are just starting out in caregiving and don't have any other experience in the field. I'm sure the company means well, but they don't want you to share anything personal with your clients. Basically, let your client tell you all about themselves, but don't give your client any information about you. Management makes – more... up rules for pay rate as they see fit. They tell you that you will get FT hours before hire and after hire you get a couple weeks of 30+ hours and then you go down to 15 hrs. a week, sometimes even as little as "NO" hours for no reason and no explanation, basically you are on-call. Get accused for not showing up for a shift, get called into the office for possible termination, when the scheduler never sent you a shift to begin with. Management can't keep MAR correct for all clients and when corrected by a CNA, they remove the CNA from the case, regardless of the clients wishes for the CNA to remain taking care of them. Basically, the employer doesn't like to admit when they are wrong and in violation of following Dr.'s written orders for medications. They remove the Original Dr.'s orders from the care plan and write up their own. There is NO proper training on the job, just a quick run through and then you are thrown onto a case by yourself. If you are just beginning in this field...I suggest you work in an Assisted Living Facility first, at least you will get proper training about procedures and how things are done. Rather than just thrown into a persons home, having no clue on how to take care of them except to refer to the company's typed up care plan with incorrect information on the client, they never update a client's care plan according to decline in health or progress a client achieves, very disappointing. Say they are NON-MEDICAL, but have you taking care of client's with big open sores/pressure sores on their body and no training on how to take care of it. – less
Fun, allows seniors stay indepenent in their own homes.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), New Baltimore, MIDecember 14, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, as many/few hours as you wanted.
Cons: no health care, not paid for time between clients, not paid mileage between homes.
I travel between two o four clients homes daily assisting them with personal needs including transportation. I learn to be patient and understanding. Management was very nice and respected your availability. I never met co-workers s we did one-on-one care. The hardest part of the job was telling a client that your time was up and you had to go. The – more... most enjoyable part was the smiles, thank you's, appreciation from clients and staff. – less
Not so happy with the company.
Caregiver and Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Adrian, MIDecember 11, 2013
Cons: osha violations. not willing to work with you if having a problem with client.
I worked for Comforcare but ended up leaving the company after having problems with OSHA with the company not providing gloves when working with bowel movements and urination. Company has too many caregivers vs. not enough clients. You can work full time for two weeks straight but then be unemployed for months.
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Bloomfield, MiDecember 3, 2013
A typical Day at work can vary, sometimes your busy other days you have to find things to do, but over all its a great experience. You have the opportunity to learn and care about the elderly people. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles on the residents and being around their joyful spirits.