ComForcare Senior Services Employee Reviews

Not Much to say
Scheduler/Admin (Former Employee), OregonFebruary 24, 2015
I don't have much to say based on my short time with this company. They provide in home care. The caregivers are wonderfull and I wish them a better future.
It's a great place to work
Client Care/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Streamwood ILFebruary 24, 2015
It's a very wonderful place to work if anyone is looking for a work environment with flexible hours. The staffs there are very wonderful. They treat me well as an employee and I will recommend comfocare for anyone working within the care industry. Nice place!
Rewarding, challenging
Franchise Owner and President (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: providing meaningful and much needed services
Cons: lots of competition and services are mostly private pay, employee turnover.
Provided non-medical home care services to the 55 plus population through use of caregivers with the compassion, love and endurance to serve the elderly. Very rewarding to know you are helping someone maintain their independence and dignity by allowing them to age in place in the place of their choice. Constantly recruit, higher and train caregivers and as well as market to referral sources. Must differentiate yourself from the competition and build long term relationships with referral sources to be the company of choice.
in home
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2015
my primary responsibility was to assist clients with their activities of daily living but in their home. Medication reminders prepare meals transport to doctors or other outings. What I learned is that learn joy being able to provided the one on one care. My Co-Workers were awesome if you nee coverage and the were available they were there. Management was fantastic they were always prompt answer any concerns you may have at anytime
Interesting Home Care Experience
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: lots of hours and lot of clients, they work with your schedule!
Cons: short breaks or no breaks and a lot of traveling.
Travel a lot to several different clients homes to care for a variety of needs such as cleaning, cooking, transporting, and normal hygiene care.

I have learned many things being with Comforcare about different types of care that can be provided.

I also learned so much about our clients and how they are all so very different.

The hardest part of the job is not exactly knowing where your going to be traveling and if your schedule is going to change at the last moment.

I love working with my clients they are always so thankful that we can help them and it makes me feel good that I can do something for others.
A fun work place.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Stanton, MIJanuary 16, 2015
My typical day at work was caring for people. The hardest part was all of the driving.
Great Company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Good people and company to work for. They will make sure the employees are taken care of.
terrible place to work they dont care about their employees or clients
CNA (Former Employee), middleton wiJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i met two great clients
Cons: management sucks
I was sent to so many FILTHY homes that I was suppose to clean. I'm not a maid. I requested not to work around pets (only request I ever made) they still sent me to homes with them. They never answer the phones in the office and they ignore emails if its not something they want to here. Just put in my resignation today. Very unorganized company.
Love it
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 5, 2015
Very friendly and kind staff. Work with you on anything you don't understand or need help with
Loved working with people
Caregiver (Former Employee), Fremont, MIDecember 8, 2014
Pros: worked around college classes
Cons: short shifts/lack of hours
I loved my job, I have a great client to work for. I enjoyed every moment of it. Being able to help someone help themselves live life is a great feeling.
CNA
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Clair Shores, MIDecember 3, 2014
Pros: clients are scose to home
Cons: office manager has no integrity...
Clients are great, no complaints there. However, the long term clients are improperly handled by the scheduler/office manager. Its one thing to mistreat the cna/hha's staff on a continual basis, forcing employees to take shifts due to Office Manager/schedulers many, many incompetent mishaps, but its another thing to deny clients' their preferable staff that work along side them in their own home! The owner of ComForCare in St.Clair Shores should address the integrity of the Office manager and be more attentive to the needs of the clients if not the staff!
I work independently in a private resident.
LVN RETIRED (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: i work part-time a four hour shift, no lunches.
Cons: i sit a lot with my client, when my client goes to sleep is when i take a short break.
I enjoy my job because I can interact with my client. My client has memory issues but can communicate. There are times the talking makes sense. The family relies on me for interactions with other professionals who assess my client. They feel that I am an important part to my clients daily activities,and can give pertinent information to any on going care that may be needed.
Ok for a part time job
Companion (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 11, 2014
Lack of management, hours were not consistent. The patients were great to work with and great to get to know. It was a great experience to learn from the care that I gave.
A very organized organization
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: always on my toes
was a good place to work, I learned many things from being employed some steps I didn't have even in school.
Good Company
Caregiver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2014
I worked here as an intern and felt as though I was part of the team.
Helpful and always there to answer any questions and concerns.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Adrian, MISeptember 7, 2014
Management is super helpful and open to answer any questions. They also work with the employee's schedule to make sure that they gets enough hours.
There are much better places to invest your time, expertise and experience.
Marketing and Community Liaison (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: gluten-free parties
Cons: i didn't feel the love. they still owe me for a couple of intakes.
I learned that interests and related concerns outside of this non-medical home care service are more important than cultivating a strong work culture and team approach and that expanding the scope of service was not a priority. Status quo is the order of the day.

Medicaid referrals were routinely declined for my territory and there was no sufficient investment of time and resources to develop lasting relationships with provider contacts. There is a closed management mindset that is unaccountably and frustratingly detached from the needs of the business, that is full of limited, derivative ideas and septic with a pettiness that seemed to infect many aspects of the job.

There was little encouragement for continuing education and marketing skills development, no guidance nor incentives for job advancement, and the ComForcare corporate computer modules and documentation programs were pedestrian at best and were not deeply relevant in clinical terms.

I think I was hired because of favorable omens derived from crystal power and astrological charts. I made only stiff acquaintances with management and there seems to be some very brittle personal sensitivities.

Regrettably, I cannot with clear conscience recommend this company to anyone. I saw great potential there and was optimistic about future gains. My vision isn't what it used to be.
A home to home work place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Rome, GAAugust 27, 2014
You go to peoples homes an give them help with things such as cleaning , cooking, dressing(helping them),
Title- Home Health Aide (Current Employee), West Chester, OHAugust 21, 2014
My days were OK most of the time and the management was great!
Good Company
CNA (Former Employee), Madison, TNAugust 15, 2014
This is a good job if you are able to lift people alone otherwise a good company