ComForCare Employee Reviews

very nice place to work, hated to leave
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New Baltimore, MIMarch 1, 2017
a work day would depend on how many clients I was seeing that day. I would arrive at my first, assist that person with bathing, dressing, grooming, transferring, light housekeeping, meal prep, medication reminders, transportation, range of motion, paper work. some days I could be scheduled for up to 3-4 clients a day, repeating this routine again.
Pros
one on one with clients, staff coordinator was excellent
Cons
driving, long days for short hours, ie; out on the road 10 hours, but because of driving between jobs maybe only getting 6
worst office ever
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 22, 2017
This company is the most unorganized place I've ever seen. The office manager has no clue as to how to run a business and the scheduler is rude, mean, condisinding, and threatens employees. If the employee doesn't like the way they are being treated or protests about it she just removes them from the roster. Double books caregivers, yells at clients, lies to clients, just an overall complete mess. Run!
Pros
Cons
Unqualified office personnel, completely unorganized, no benefits, liers
Very flexible with your schedule
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 3, 2016
I think if the owners, the nice young ladies at the desk and I could've had better communication between one another it would've worked out even better. Other than that great place to work. Really great people, despite our differences. If you love helping people but have a tight schedule, then this is the place for you. All help was always needed.
Pros
Helping people, you're not sitting under someone being monitored all day
Cons
Time sheets
To have a productive workplace everyone has to be busy and everything must be done on time and a fun fashion Manor
HHA (Current Employee) –  Carmel IndianaFebruary 8, 2017
I think being home health aide can giver was the best fit for me because I enjoy taking care of people and their personal needs also I love getting to know different people and cultures
Pros
Only when awarded
Cons
Short breaks range from 15 to 10 minutes
Non personable management
HHA (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Worked at the location in Strongsville. I had difficulty with a client, but instead of working it out and getting another case, I was terminated and to add further insult to injury was not paid correctly! I would never, ever recommend Comforcare to anybody.
Pros
nothing positive sorry
Cons
mangagement style
Comforcare not for you
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 23, 2016
There is no structure in this company's management. Hard to get a definite decision from any of them. The company owner says one thing and the scheduling nurse says another. The hardest part of this job is the lack of consistent hours. Don't expect to work more than 20 hours unless you want to have no life. By far the most enjoyable part of this job is the people I care for.

Do not get hurt at work they will call you a liar, yet still employ you. They will fight your workers comp and probably unemployment as well. They do not take care of their workers at all. They offer no health insurance of any kind.

I was not even screened for TB.
Pros
the clients
Cons
No health care, and they dont take care of their people
Temporary Work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 28, 2016
A typical day at work is to first travel to client's home...assist with daily activities...such as bathing,dressing,meal prep. The hardest part of the job would be ambulation if the patient is real heavy and elderly. Turning and lifting can also get a little difficult at times. However, the joy is knowing that you're helping someone's quality of life.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes there's hardly any work
Take a genuine interest. . .
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHDecember 18, 2016
There are so many companies out there that provide home care services for seniors and they either care about their clients or they don't. This company truly cares and puts their clients and their needs, prior to anything. I'm proud to represent them.
Pros
Well compensated for my work
Cons
This company is reliable therefore almost all its employees work with everyone knowing they are working with people who care.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ HHA (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2016
I work to the best in order to keep my client happy making them to know that I sometimes represent their families when it comes to keeping them lively.
Pros
they always give me my option as well as I do
Cons
It keeps one staff at a time, therefore you are alone when client is asleep.
High energy, fast paced and fun environment
LPN CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stongsville, OhioOctober 27, 2016
Great family owned business with a tight knit office setting. Excellent care and dedication. Strong team based work environment with many benefits.
Pros
Always busy, fair compensation, management treats you very well, rewarding, many learning opportunities.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, stressful at times.
Great company
RN Home Care (Current Employee) –  Stanton, MIMarch 2, 2017
Great owners and staff. Just wish I had more hours! They care about staff and their clients. Nice to be able to have input into your schedule. Direct deposit for bi-weekly paychecks
Pros
Great staff. Ability to arrange own schedule
Cons
Not as many hours desired for RN work
okay job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 14, 2016
okay job. Long as you work the shift they ask you too you going be cool there.. All of the clients are cool. The people that work in the offices are nice when They need you to do something for them. make sure if they want you to work over time they pay you move . I've learned that working with that company.
ComforCare
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHMarch 13, 2017
The ComForCare I worked for just opened by a couple. I was their first home health aid. They were very easy to work with and were very organized for being fairly new. The only problem was not enough clients so I had to find another job due to lack of hours.
Inconsistent
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2017
Payroll was RARELY on time. IT caused my wife and I to owe our bank and put us in a bad position one too many times.

I would not return to this employer.
Pros
The patients and staff were nice
Cons
No lunch breaks, no benefits, no care what's so ever of employee's needs
Love the job absolutely hated working there
Caregiver/MedTech (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 30, 2016
I loved the residents I took care of and I loved doing my job and I even loved my coworkers however management was horrendous. I worked there for 2 years and it was truly the worst years of my life. All the managers are backstabbing and constantly being petty and talking bad about everyone. You cannot trust a single person. And this isn't even in lower managemt. This is all the way up from program manager to director of the company. Absolutely awful. Quitting was the best decision I've ever made. The company does not care about the residents, all they care about is making money. There is no advancement and you never get raises unless the managers like you, it's definitely not based on work ethic or if you do a good job. I would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
Love taking care of the residents
Cons
Literally everything else
Productive work places
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 27, 2017
Very flexible and excellent company to work for getting to meet and know More people creating a bond with some of the residents and their families, making sure that everyone is happy
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Shorter breaks
personal care provider
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 16, 2016
While working for this company I became CPR certified and would have to take test periodically. I would help my client with everyday tasks, help pay bills, take them to run errands. My client ended up going into a nursing home.
Great Job for CNA/Caregivers
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Orinda, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Not much flexibility, but a great start in a healthcare environment. They provide training, and supplies.
Only problem is that there is a lot of commuting from place to place.
Pros
Great clients and training
Cons
commute
very flexible
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Media, PANovember 17, 2016
At comforcare, you work with a lot of great people and it is very rewarding to be able to help someone. You are able to work as much as you want or as little as you want. Management is great. Great communication.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
pay rate
Productive, very family oriented
Multi Skilled Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 31, 2016
Great workplace! Most have children. They are very considerate, and easy to work with especially when life happens. We all work together as a team, which means we all have to compromise to get the job done in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ComForCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8