Comfort Care Employee Reviews in United States

No room for growth
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 19, 2016
There was no room for growth in this company. Company turn over was very high and no recognition on a job well done. Help cient with the daily tasks of everyday living
Pros
First shift
Cons
Not enough hours and pay rate
First PCA experience
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2015
I was a personal care assistant for a student at my college. I worked with this student to find out my schedule. I mostly helped this client do daily activities that the client could perform for herself. I would also make food for the client and help set up her medication for the week. I worked by myself with the client. The hardest part of the job was match class schedules up. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it wasn't that difficult nor time consuming.
Pros
make own schedule to match client's
Cons
not many hours
was ok
dst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 18, 2016
I stayed at this job for a total of eight years, it was a decent job.. good benefits the pay was okay...we had to work some major holidays... and a lot of overtime. but it was a ok job
Always Work for ones who want it .
Scheduling & Client Care Coordinator/HHA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2015
I feel their may be a middle management problem however for most its never seen and or noticed as many are out of office view.
most enjoyable part of my job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 28, 2015
best part of my job was working with my husband our team was very strong.we had our ups and downs with the shop but our strong communication was what kept us afloat.
Assistant to the eldery
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJuly 3, 2015
My typical work day would be to arrive at the patients home and assist them with any daily needs as well as, medical, bathing, change of clothing, cleaning, laundry, and what ever else is assigned.
Comfort Care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 18, 2015
Was not the best place to work but It was nice meeting individuals and hearing there stories about there past. One thing that was hard about working there is not getting paid enough mileage for all the different houses you had to drive to around town.
Great people to work with and fun times
Senior Comfort Care (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 22, 2015
They joy of helping one's in need of medical attention, and providing them care in the comfort of there own homes. Great co workers and all very helpful and supporting team.
Great team atmosphere.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2015
Run metric reports to measure and compare transportation figures. Work alongside Fleet Supervisor to better gauge vehicle availability and repair estimates.
Productive and a great learning environment
DENTAL EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 13, 2014
Working along side of the Dentist you gain more experience then just learning through your text books. Your fellow team mates are there to guide you and also help with information you may have not learned. Very friendly, safe, educational and team centric place to work. Very fast paced and settled. The hardest part of the job is making sure you have knowledge off all tools and procedures once you are in the room with patients and the dentist, giving the correct information to patients and dentist. The best part of the day is being able to give you patients the best service possible in there dental needs
Pros
great experiences, discounts on dental procedures and great benefits package.
Great job for a person who is caring and enjoys working with no supervision and alot of responsibility.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 27, 2012
A typical day at work depends on what the client wants. Typically the job requires cleaning home, preparing meals, companionship, medicine reminders, transportation to/from appointments, changing client liners, operating hoyer lift, giving showers, and training for most of these duties.
Pros
compensation for tranportation/ reasonable scheduling
Cons
no hours for my position
Toxic
RN (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 8, 2014
Company will consume your life with little compensation. Company does have benefits, but does not encourage you to use them. Management has no hearing ability to their staff. Staff talks negatively about each other, especially about management. Management are bullies with verbal expression of what employees do wrong in front of other employees and make you sign things to extremes to control their staff. Very, very toxic. Management and employees fight openly between each other and easy to say negative things about each other. Also, they do very little for clients with very little organization. Clients are at times concerned with the lack of competence staff have. A lot of the management micro manage and make your life a living hell.
Cons
no breaks encouraged and frequent check in
productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  canton ohioOctober 23, 2013
Go in individuals homes and assist with food preparation, laundry and daily activities. I learned how to help in different ways. Really didn't get to see management unless I went inside the office. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help every client. The most enjoyable part is you see how people appreciate your help.
Pros
helping others in need
Cons
not being able to help all the time
Having a ping pong table at work to use during your breaks, destresses and relieves tension to go back and perform your job well.
Kennedy Hospital Coordinator/Pt Advocate&Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 15, 2013
A typical day at work is never knowing what you will walk into, and I've learned no two situations are exactly the same, all of them are unique, ie. Medical acuity, race, ethnicity, personalities. After managing the dept for a short time I was able to train my co-workers and teach them how to interact without judgement. The hardest part of my job is loosing a patient and after getting to know the family, having to say, "I'm sorry for your loss." When a patient comes out of a coma or recovers from a life threating issue, I get to see the families rejoice and start to heal...that is the most enjoyable part of my job!
Pros
one of the benefits of my job, is getting to know people during difficult situations.
Cons
some situations are on going and breaks are few.
This was a company where I was able to grow and gain valuable skills .
CNA/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2013
This company was small but it had a very big impact on me because it allowed me to venture into the business side of nursing. My typical work day varied ,which in itself was a big plus because it made me more aware of how to think quicker than normal.
very interesting
Parent Mentor (Current Employee) –  Keyport, NJOctober 5, 2012
cases vary , there are many different reason why a parent mentor may be placed with a client, my office is fair and complete the day to day task, as mentors we work with one another well so that the client is receiving quality service
Pros
mentors are needed by everyone
Cons
hours depend on caseload
new company with poor management
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 29, 2015
very disorganized, not many patients, 4 employees...very unproffesional
Pros
nice employees
Cons
unprofessional and unorganized
Never Again
In Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2013
While working for Comfort Care, I was astonished at the lack of genuine care employees expressed for our patients/clients. If you are going to run a medical facility, your number one job is patient care.
Dedicated to the residents that live there
LPN (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 19, 2013
This facility is dedicated to the care and rehab of the residents that stay and live there. Lacks in support for its employees
Pros
careing environment for the residents
Cons
understaffed
Fun place to work. Loved my clients and the office workers were very helpful.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Marble Hill MoJanuary 29, 2014
I helped the client with everyday tasks, bathing, eating, walking, and made their meals.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
12 hour shifts

2.5