Comfort Dental Employee Reviews in United States

Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 18, 2015
Overall a nice workplace... typical day was very stressful,
I learned a lot about the dental field, hands on.
management is decent.
co workers were probably the best part, aside from the patients.
hardest part was getting mistreated.
Fun and lovable environment with good employees
Dental Assistant/Externship (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 16, 2015
My expectations of this dental office was highly achieved from the first day I started my externship there, the employees were eager and ready to help me experience everything a dental assistant should know, Every day, regular patients got their treatment or exams done in a timely manner and they were content with their visit, although they also received a lot of new patients and we would offer them all the discounts that Comfort Dental has to offer. I learned to always listen to the patients, make them feel comfortable while they are getting treatment done by asking them if they are okay, giving instructions on home care, oral hygiene, and letting them know the type of treatment they will receive, and always putting them first. The thing I found most challenging was taking impressions on patients who disliked the dentist. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I helped a person.
Pros
Helpful employees
Cons
Sometimes slow days
very flexible and accomodating schedule. 3 -12 hour shifts
EFDA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 23, 2015
Doctors and staff at the North Columbus location were excellent and highly recommended. Three day work week 12 hour shifts. Very flexible and accommodating. Long days and no health insurance is the only downside. Overall highly recommended.
ok
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 22, 2015
Learned a lot, could have used more hands on training pertaining to x-rays. Great place to learn workplace ethics My experience with comfort dental was helpful taught me many values of working in desired field. multiple procedures to learn from such as ortho, endo and general.
quantity over quality
EDDA (Former Employee) –  Bear Valley, CONovember 8, 2015
Good job to keep you busy. Doctors very business oriented as well. Real go getters. Friendly staffing. Affordable dentistry.
Billing specialists - fun and multiple areas to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  COLORADO SPRINGS, COOctober 21, 2015
Loved my job as data entry, talking to insurance companies and getting breakdowns of patient's coverage and then discussing with patients. Even when encounters came about - stayed positive and retrieved all documents to best support the decision and outcome. Worked with over 15 employees - which was like family. Again I love working with people and helping in all areas in which I can :)
Pros
POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE
Cons
NONE
Good Enviroment
Receptionist/Insurance Lady (Current Employee) –  Firestone,COOctober 15, 2015
Everyone at work gets along perfect, it is hard to find a job were everyone gets along. Not a day goes by that we don't laugh and have a good time, we go in with a positive attitude and makes it a good environment to work in
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours, salary
Busy and productive office
dental assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TxSeptember 8, 2015
We are a good team and help each other. There is no "thats's not my job" we all do everything. People is really nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is when patients look at you and say thank you for taking care of me and my teeth.
Pros
Meeting and lunch every 15 days to discuss what we need to improve, bonus
Cons
scheduled, salary
Fun and exciting office to work for
Front office Management / Back office Assistant (Current Employee) –  okcAugust 14, 2015
Awesome owners. relaxed environment. great place to work for entry level positions. Not so much for seasoned assistants and front office .
Pros
awsome work enviornment
Cons
not enough management
Management is Great
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Very flexible on work schedules. Very affordable dental work, they strive to beat competitor prices and they are always helping those in need. Co-workers tend to "clique" together, and most don't follow standard procedures set in place.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
don't ensure procedures are followed
Productive and enjoyable staff ready to take care of patient needs
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2015
Great leadership experience with staff and dentist. Very positive work environment and patient care. Personal and professional growth is possible at this company.
Friendly people
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 3, 2015
All of the dentists and fellow assistants were very easy to get along with. The location became very hard to get to when we moved further away. I still keep in touch with them.
Busy office All the Time, Great for a first time dental assistant
Expanded-Functions Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 12, 2015
A typical day of work is a very busy one! In a typical day, from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, we see up to 72 patients a day, which does not include possible walk-ins. Great place to learn all dental procedures for fresh out of school dental assistants, or interns. Be ready to jump in and learn hands-on! The most enjoyable thing is seeing how you make a positive change in people's lives by improving their smile. Its really touching every single time to see them smile and get really excited about it. The hardest part of the job is being so busy that you are not able to get a break. I have learned a lot while working there such as shortcuts, and easier ways to do certain procedures. I have improved in all of my skills all around. Practice makes perfect!
Pros
Free lunch during Staff meetings, Christmas bonus, 12 day paid vacation days
Cons
Short/no breaks, No incentives, No paid sick days, large staff, No 401k/retirement plan
Loved this Place the doctors were great as well as their business.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 2, 2015
It was always fast paced, And consistent. I had a great relationship with the doctors, patient's and my Co-workers. The hardest part of my job is seeing a patient leave our office unhappy. (not often).
I enjoyed my job all the way around.
Pros
The Schedule was Great
Cons
Not Enough pay.
Good place to work with a positive, friendly place to work.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 15, 2015
My typical day at work is taking x-rays of patients and doing chair side procedures with the doctor. I cleaned and sterilized the work place and greeted patients in a very polite and kind manner. I learned that you have to be fast pace in every job if you want to get the work done. I most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and the hardest part was having so many patients that the charting notes took a long time to record at the end of the day.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough time to get all the patients in for the day because we were short of assistants.
Comfort Dental
Full time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts 3 days a week at Comfort Dental. I worked for four dentists, and there was one Office Manager. I was the front desk receptionist.
Long hours, however I learned a lot
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMarch 1, 2015
Because the office is open to all kinds of patients, the experience I gained was very broad. I learned so much about dentistry and patient care and interaction. Some 12 hour shifts, but overall was an enjoyable job.
Very Nice Staff
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 12, 2015
I loved being able to assist with Doctors and make phone calls to other offices for patient information.
Amazing Doctors To Work For
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COJanuary 5, 2015
Since the day of my interview the doctors have been nothing but amazing towards me.
Even after leaving for maternity, the let me come back with hours that worked for us all! They are such caring and awesome people!
professional and fun place to work
Dental Assistant-Externship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I was only at Comfort Dental for about a month doing extern hours. The doctors and staff were great, they welcomed me in and right off the bat started putting me to work. The assistance were wonderful and easy to get along with, they've showed me the Do's and Don'ts and helped guide me in the right path. I've learned a lot in such little time. To name a few I've learned how to sterilize the treatment room, dental instruments, charting, 6 months recalls, tooth extractions, root canals, setups, restocking rooms, seating patients, sealants, Xrays and taking vital signs.
The hardest part was memorizing everything in little time, and being in fast pace, once i got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad. I enjoyed working with patients and having them walk out the dental office with a smile.