Comfort Home Care Employee Reviews

Home Care Psych Nursing
Full time RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 23, 2017
Home Care RN's do not get compensated for mileage or overtime. Lengthy daily computerized notes on each visit. Job requires good prioritization skills in this autonomous position.
Great company, employees are treated well and fairly.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 8, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I have enjoyed my time here. Case management is challenging and requires patience and excellent organizational skills. Thankfully there are many other nurses to go to when questions come up. Everyone employed here starts as a field nurse, so the supervisors know first hand what your job entails and are respectful of the work you do.
Pros
Flexible work hours, one on one patient care
Cons
Feeling responsible for your clients even after hours
Visiting Nursing
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Highly demanding and technical, this company requires nursing to completely case manage in the community. A lot of potential to do some serious good in the community within this company.
Long hours and miles without compensation
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 20, 2017
most of your (8 hr day) will be traveling many miles seeing pts. The documentation required for these visits will take almost as long as your day seeing pts. Then there is reporting to all the disciplines.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
very long hours without compensation d/t salary.
great working environment
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 5, 2017
support for Quality Improvement nurses
learned software system for patient and healthcare
management is wonderful
co-workers are some of the best people I've worked with
hardest part of the job is its not really hard, just repetitive with little change
enjoyed learning systems
Pros
light environment with friendly people
Cons
no area for growth
Nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHSeptember 17, 2016
Wish they would give me more hours but I really like the environment and the clients as well as staff everyone is really nice and willing to work with you
Great team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MASeptember 16, 2016
Excellent education department. CEO goes out of his way to provide positive work environment. Salary is fair, equal to other agencies. Good office support. Well stocked supplies.
Working at CHC
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy working for this fine establishment, the CEO down to the caregivers are very caring and hardworking. Putting smiles on the clients/residents faces are what matters to us all. A typical day at work consists of bathing, feeding, light housekeeping, medication reminders, and engaging my client in activities of daily living and conversation. I've learned that patience is key and everyone is different; people do things at their own pace, and respect must always be shown and given.
They expect alot without giving
Visiting Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 10, 2016
As much as I loved what I did, visiting nursing, I couldn't do what they wanted in the time frame they wanted it done. I found it frustrating at the lack of support from management. I loved what I did, this company just wasn't a good fit for me. I know many people who love it!
Very hard company to work for
RESIDENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 2, 2015
I start my day, by getting their morning meal, make sure they take their meds. Assit them with bathing, with picking out their close. Do a little house keeping, make sure the bathroom is clean, dishes washed, floors clean, some days do laundry, what ever my care plan have me to do. We spend some time talking about their night or weekend. I enjoy doing that. Prepare them a snack, lunch, dinner. make sure they are comfortable before I leave.
Pros
the people we take care of
Cons
staffing, management
It provided me flexibility with the schedule.
Clinical Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work would be multi tasking and every day is different. I communicate with a lot of different people and educational levels regarding cares that need to be performed for the patients.
I learned how to coordinate the cares, staffing, MD orders, social worker communication, and patient relations as well as managing supportive staff.
The hardest part of the job was being on call.
My co-workers are professional, pleasant, and we all get along so well with our different personalities.
The most enjoyable part of my job is educating patients, family, and staff about disease processes and treatments.
I also do education for home health aides for assisted living and in-services for annual requirements and competencies.
I have ICD 9 CM coding experience.
I also do quarterly audits on medical records to ensure compliance for state and federal requirements are being met.
Pros
There are a lot of different aspects of the job that keep it from becoming dull.
Cons
There was no guarantee of hours for partime employment and no benefits.
Managed Employees/caregiver
Owner (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 4, 2014
Going into clients homes to help them with their daily needs
Pros
excellent care given
Cons
longs hours
Direct Care
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYOctober 7, 2014
A typical day with Comfort Home Care would be assisting patients at their residential setting.
Pros
Lack of work
Cons
Good pay
productive work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 22, 2014
on the go constant patient caring. Excellent management. House to house assistant home health aid work. A learning experience.
Pros
wonderful patients
Home Health Care
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Freehold, Manalapan, Marlboro, Old BridgeFebruary 6, 2014
Taking care of elderly in daily activities. Typical day would include preparing meals and walking the elderly, helping and assisting thru out the visit. Helping with laundry and keeping the area clean. Keeping company.
Be careful, company not what it seems
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAOctober 3, 2013
This company started out as mainly psychiatric clientele which is fine if you like it. The job is salary. The management was awful as well as the owner's grasp of running it. There was no policy book but he often like to quote policies?! As a nurse, you were responsible for picking patients medicines up which may contain certain classes that made me feel uncomfortable having on me due to fear of my license. You were expected to see a certain amount of people every night (I did second shift), despite the amount or how late it took you. All notes were still handwritten as well as the recertifications for state and federal reimbursements and no extra time or less patients were taken so you were not overloaded. You were expected to track down patients which is hard when they are psychiatric/drug substance based. That only added to your time taken away from others. A few times I was asked to "fib" on government documents for funding which I refused and called the Board of Nursing for advice on the matter. Basically, if it doesn't feel right, don't do it per the Board's suggestion. From that point on, I always kept a copy of the Borads rules and regulations for nurses. Be wary with this place.
Pros
none I can remember
Cons
too many to state, just run from there!
It is a fun and productive place to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 2, 2013
It is a fun place to work for
Good management team
Good working hours
Pros
Good management, accesible superrvisors, available tools to perform job
Cons
low wages, less benefits.
Great Mission
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAFebruary 24, 2013
This company has a great mission. A typical day at work consists of driving all across the entire state of MA. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people all the time. My co-workers are great and a lot of help when an issue or simple question arises. Management at the office that I report to (Shrewsbury) isn't very good because communication is very disorganized. I feel that if communication was better then this company would be one of the top 5!
Pros
free lunches, trainings, abundance of supplies
Cons
patient cancellation= no pay unless on salary, excessive driving
Registered Nurse: providing care to Assisted Living Residents
* Medication reconciliation
* Ordering supplies
* Managing physician calls
* Updating family
Pros
working with eldery
Cons
distance to cannon falls, mn!